PDA

View Full Version : Drew Carey Engaged And New Host Of Price Is Right

iamdasht19
10-11-2007, 09:52 PM
LOL This is just going to be weird

Drew Carey Gets Engaged And new host of price is right

October 11, 2007, 2:46 pm PDT

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (October 11, 2007) - Drew Carey is engaged, according to People.

The comedian's fiance is Nicole Jaracz, a recent culinary school graduate. Carey popped the question on October 9, a rep for Carey told People.

"It will be the first marriage for both. No date for a wedding has been set yet," Carey's publicist Christina Papadopoulos said in a statement to People. "They are both very happy and excited about their future together."

It's a busy time for Carey. Not only are wedding plans now in his future, but on Monday he begins his duties as the new host of "The Price Is Right."

[ Video: The Dark Times Of Drew Carey - Watch the Video ]

Carey takes over for Bob Barker, who announced his retirement after 35 years of hosting the show. Barker taped his final episode in early June.

In a statement to Access Hollywood, Barker said he was pleased with the show's decision to hand the "Right" reigns to Carey.

"I'm happy for Drew Carey, but I had hoped the search would go on for a couple of years, because CBS would have to use my reruns and I could sit at home and be handsomely paid for it," the TV legend joked.