Good Times Old Times Archived Community

Good Times Old Times Archived Community (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro Questions (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/forumdisplay.php?f=502)
-   -   Short freeze from time to time (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=191134)

hPeOaTd 09-01-2009 11:01 PM

Short freeze from time to time

Every once in a while ill be doing something on my pro and all of a sudden the screen will lock up and no touches of the screen will register ( i kno this because i have touchresponse activated). It only locks up for about 5-10 seconds but as it 'comes back to life' a roughly one second vibration happens ( way longer than the 35ms touch response vibration). I notice it mostly when playing games because it continues the game so I lose whatever it is every time. So is this normal with windows mobile smartphones or the pro in particular? It has been an ongoing issue through the many many ROMs i have flashed to this thing, so Im wondering if anyone else experiences this problem.

parna1973 09-01-2009 11:38 PM

Re: Short freeze from time to time

Quote:

Originally Posted by wMeAeNd (Post 409374)
Every once in a while ill be doing something on my pro and all of a sudden the screen will lock up and no touches of the screen will register ( i kno this because i have touchresponse activated). It only locks up for about 5-10 seconds but as it 'comes back to life' a roughly one second vibration happens ( way longer than the 35ms touch response vibration). I notice it mostly when playing games because it continues the game so I lose whatever it is every time. So is this normal with windows mobile smartphones or the pro in particular? It has been an ongoing issue through the many many ROMs i have flashed to this thing, so Im wondering if anyone else experiences this problem.

this has been discussed before no need to open another thread plz...the search bar is your best freind...so many things could lead to freezing on device...depending on apps installed and compatibility with each other...also r u running stock or custom rom? if running stock highly recommend going custom...

Mike20PR 09-01-2009 11:39 PM

i have only experienced this with the touch pro and dont know for sure what the cause is but i can easily make it freeze when i use 3D animations like when i use the 3D accelerated carosel on spb ms3 or when i play call of duty 2. imo it might be a glitch on the 3d or d3d drivers when chefs try to mess with them when cooking roms but thats just my opinion.

hPeOaTd 09-02-2009 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike20PR (Post 409384)
i have only experienced this with the touch pro and dont know for sure what the cause is but i can easily make it freeze when i use 3D animations like when i use the 3D accelerated carosel on spb ms3 or when i play call of duty 2. imo it might be a glitch on the 3d or d3d drivers when chefs try to mess with them when cooking roms but thats just my opinion.

Thanks man and sorry about posting about a topic that has been discussed but I have searched for this and never found anything that sounded like my problem. But I use spb shell too so maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe Ill try rollin without it for a while to see if it still happens. That or try other chefs ROMs and kitchens because I tend to stick with the SSK series for the most part.

parna1973 09-02-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wMeAeNd (Post 409396)
Thanks man and sorry about posting about a topic that has been discussed but I have searched for this and never found anything that sounded like my problem. But I use spb shell too so maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe Ill try rollin without it for a while to see if it still happens. That or try other chefs ROMs and kitchens because I tend to stick with the SSK series for the most part.

I really like spb shell alot but try running it with tatanium only Rom without tflo3d gives me a best performance...give it shot, recommend using Gss rom titanium only...thnxs

hPeOaTd 09-02-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parna1973 (Post 409438)
I really like spb shell alot but try running it with tatanium only Rom without tflo3d gives me a best performance...give it shot, recommend using Gss rom titanium only...thnxs

Ok I might try that ROM. right now I am on a TF3D free rom (hmm catchy) but maybe it has something to do with the 3d drivers you were talking about. I love spb alot too, imo its 1000000 times better than manilla and so customizable. Thanks

iamdasht19 09-02-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike20PR (Post 409384)

you took the words right out of my mouth........ damn you quick son :)

Mike20PR 09-02-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 409480)
you took the words right out of my mouth........ damn you quick son :)

hahaha i still got it. im just rusty