Good Times Old Times Archived Community

Good Times Old Times Archived Community (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/index.php)
-   Random Community Topics (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/forumdisplay.php?f=465)
-   -   [NEWS] Microsoft starts to take Windows Mobile seriously (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=191546)

puertoblack2003 09-13-2009 11:55 PM

Microsoft starts to take Windows Mobile seriously

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 26366

While you see bucket loads of ads about iphone from apple these days, Microsoft was looking rather uninterested in promoting its mobile division ie. Windows Mobile. But all that might be about to change. I was on twitter today and came across a tweet from habasch and he was pointing out that he could now see ” Windows Mobile MarketPlace Ads ” in his iPhone apps. He also managed to grab a screenshot of the same. Its great to see Microsoft finally showing some interest in Windows Mobile. With more ads and competitions like ” Race to Market Challenge ” Microsoft will be giving all the other major Mobile OS a run for their money.

VenumX 09-13-2009 11:59 PM

Re: Microsoft starts to take Windows Mobile seriously

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 (Post 412892)
Attachment 26366

While you see bucket loads of ads about iphone from apple these days, Microsoft was looking rather uninterested in promoting its mobile division ie. Windows Mobile. But all that might be about to change. I was on twitter today and came across a tweet from habasch and he was pointing out that he could now see ” Windows Mobile MarketPlace Ads ” in his iPhone apps. He also managed to grab a screenshot of the same. Its great to see Microsoft finally showing some interest in Windows Mobile. With more ads and competitions like ” Race to Market Challenge ” Microsoft will be giving all the other major Mobile OS a run for their money.

guess i better work faster on the app store :P i wonder what would happen if i submitted my app store to microsoft to go in their marketplace :P

roopull 11-03-2009 06:31 PM

I think if Msoft actually put some advertising money behind WinMo & used some marketing strategy, they'd do much better than they're doing, now. Seeing how Google is teaming up to push Droid, it makes me wonder why Msoft has never done anything like that in the past... plus, why the heck is it that every carrier's version of a WinMo phone gets its own name? It makes it difficult to market the phones that way. This is one of the reasons General Motors is paring down the number of brands they have. It was simply too difficult and expensive to advertise for five varieties of the same friggin' product. No matter how good your Saturn Astra is, if no one has ever heard of it, it won't sell. So... next time you're out & about, ask a stranger if they know what a Touch Pro is. Better yet, ask if they know the differences between a Touch Pro & a Tilt.

If Msoft were to really take something out of Apple's playbook, it should be brand management. At that, Msoft truly sucks.

iamdasht19 11-03-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roopull (Post 425555)
I think if Msoft actually put some advertising money behind WinMo & used some marketing strategy, they'd do much better than they're doing, now. Seeing how Google is teaming up to push Droid, it makes me wonder why Msoft has never done anything like that in the past... plus, why the heck is it that every carrier's version of a WinMo phone gets its own name? It makes it difficult to market the phones that way. This is one of the reasons General Motors is paring down the number of brands they have. It was simply too difficult and expensive to advertise for five varieties of the same friggin' product. No matter how good your Saturn Astra is, if no one has ever heard of it, it won't sell. So... next time you're out & about, ask a stranger if they know what a Touch Pro is. Better yet, ask if they know the differences between a Touch Pro & a Tilt.

If Msoft were to really take something out of Apple's playbook, it should be brand management. At that, Msoft truly sucks.

very well stated there friend, they really do need to pick up in that aspect for sure.... wm beast out the powerhouse in palm and no one would have ever thought they would do that... than they got comfortable since no one was touching the smartphone game and than came along what we have now :) if they didnt get comfortable and evolve at a slow pace rather than a swift one they would have been able to advertise and promote... now they have fixing to do and they are going to have to WIN over the wm fans again to get them to come back or stay so i think they will advertise more once they get the name image cleaned up which they have been doing pretty well lately.

ppopper78 11-03-2009 09:57 PM

They need too start offering their rights to others phones and come out with some new ui's, cause droid and google are tailing them quick and other apps as well.

iamdasht19 11-03-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppopper78 (Post 425602)
They need too start offering their rights to others phones and come out with some new ui's, cause droid and google are tailing them quick and other apps as well.

they in my opinion have already passed wm.... therre is no way that wm will be able to sell enough units to stay ahead of the onpour coming from android..... they are already outselling windows mobile and are looking to pass iphone next.

ppopper78 11-03-2009 10:01 PM

well that might be the wake up for windows and kick start them into some new software thats is more appealing and customizable.

IMME27 11-29-2009 05:36 PM

Re Microsoft starts to take Windows Mobile seriously

yea they marketing is no where near where it needs to be..they could control the market if more people where aware of their phones capabilities. at the end of the day windows mobile has a all around better os than the others..there are a few things they need to improve on but they in a good position.also its the designers and people who create forums like this 1 that really gives windows mobile the edge..the free-ware and customization

iamdasht19 11-29-2009 06:15 PM

Re: Re Microsoft starts to take Windows Mobile seriously

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMME27 (Post 431406)
yea they marketing is no where near where it needs to be..they could control the market if more people where aware of their phones capabilities. at the end of the day windows mobile has a all around better os than the others..there are a few things they need to improve on but they in a good position.also its the designers and people who create forums like this 1 that really gives windows mobile the edge..the free-ware and customization

i agree but (at the same time even though they are getting better) they need to get stuff working out of the box correctly unlike others. there shouldnt need to be user interaction on the web to fix basic flaws in the rom they have as their stock.