Good Times Old Times Archived Community

Good Times Old Times Archived Community (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/index.php)
-   Random Community Topics (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/forumdisplay.php?f=465)
-   -   So the time finally came (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=191004)

m260gt 08-29-2009 11:48 PM

So the time finally came

for me to give up on windows mobile. i was just always pissed off at my phone. i had the verizon touch pro. which is the worst phone ive had in a long time. it was like taking a step back to the mogul. but anyways the screen broke on it, so i went into verizon and told them after 8 phones in less than a year i didnt want windows mobile anymore. So they offered me basically any phone they carried. i ended up with the blackberry tour. coulda had the storm but i dont like it so i didnt get it. but yes ive gone to the dark side and im very impressed actually. it runs a lot smoother than the TP, i do miss the customization but the blackberries are very good phones. so im finally happy lol. too bad theres not a blackberry section haha...since it is a smartphone.

andimthejR 08-29-2009 11:56 PM

Re: So the time finally came

hey i felt the same for a while when i got my first wm phone the blackjack by samsung i hated it then bought iphone hated breaking it FOUR TIMES finally got the TP and i love this phone n thanks to guy like these they make em so much more user efficent but sorry to have lost a fellow TP-er lol have a good one.

m260gt 08-30-2009 12:10 AM

yeah i liked my alltel one, but verizon destroyed it. i was getting 30mb of ram of a fresh restart. it would run out of memory when i tried to go to a website. but yes, im sorry to see it go but i think 8 phones is enough of a run lol

ronaldsdv 08-30-2009 02:23 AM

Im surprised you lasted that long after 8 phones haha I will probably have thrown the towel on the second

CYBER WEESJE 08-30-2009 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m260gt (Post 408154)
for me to give up on windows mobile. i was just always pissed off at my phone. i had the verizon touch pro. which is the worst phone ive had in a long time. it was like taking a step back to the mogul. but anyways the screen broke on it, so i went into verizon and told them after 8 phones in less than a year i didnt want windows mobile anymore. So they offered me basically any phone they carried. i ended up with the blackberry tour. coulda had the storm but i dont like it so i didnt get it. but yes ive gone to the dark side and im very impressed actually. it runs a lot smoother than the TP, i do miss the customization but the blackberries are very good phones. so im finally happy lol. too bad theres not a blackberry section haha...since it is a smartphone.

Hi and thats something i never wil do buy a bb lol but there is big black berry section here
Code:

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/search.php?searchid=516344&photoplog_searchinfo=1&photoplog_searchquery=blackberry

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

iamdasht19 08-30-2009 11:43 AM

yuppers as weesje said we do have a blackberry section and iceman is packing it with goodies since he himself just got a blackberry to tinker with as well.

m260gt 08-30-2009 11:48 PM

well i love the blakberry..everything actually works like it should. lol ive never had that happen with a WM phone

Metalmayhem 08-31-2009 01:44 AM

You should have waited it out for the tp2 around the corner. :)

jr5416 08-31-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalmayhem (Post 408662)
You should have waited it out for the tp2 around the corner. :)

Thats exactly what i would have done bro lol i have to admit blackberrys are very nice phones ,but u cant go wrong with windows mobile these things are amazing .

m260gt 08-31-2009 08:43 AM

yeah i thought about that. but my phones screen was messing up and verizon prob woulda destroyed that one too. i think i made the right choice for me.

thanks for the reference to the BB section!

jr5416 08-31-2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m260gt (Post 408717)
yeah i thought about that. but my phones screen was messing up and verizon prob woulda destroyed that one too. i think i made the right choice for me.

thanks for the reference to the BB section!

I have to say the verizon tp looks bad very ugly looking phone compared to the sprint one ,my mother in law has verizon when she saw mine she was impressed so she went in2 verizon thinnking it would look the same she called me and was not happy with the looks of that phone didnt buy it lol ,Its a black regtangle thats all it is bro .

m260gt 08-31-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jr5416 (Post 408718)
I have to say the verizon tp looks bad very ugly looking phone compared to the sprint one ,my mother in law has verizon when she saw mine she was impressed so she went in2 verizon thinnking it would look the same she called me and was not happy with the looks of that phone didnt buy it lol ,Its a black regtangle thats all it is bro .

yeah thats all it is. i didnt want it either, but i had no choice really. if i wanted all the same features.

benmiller 08-31-2009 03:47 PM

You know what I really liked my Sprint Touch Pro but it never really seemed to compair to my Touch as far as what people have done for the Touch I love the google os so much it kinda sickins me. But it wouldnt be possiable to run Android if it couldnt boot off of WinMo so I guess im stuck. I have heard tons of bad stuff about the storm so your prolly way better off with the tour my friends has gone through 5 storms ranging from screen problems to constant power offs and what not.