Good Times Old Times Archived Community

Good Times Old Times Archived Community (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/index.php)
-   Random Community Topics (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/forumdisplay.php?f=465)
-   -   Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2 (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=192424)

jr5416 10-08-2009 08:45 PM

Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

Just saw this and thought I'd share it:

Code:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1577243
Head on over to ecare and let us know how it goes guys, this is gonna suck if its true since i did buy mine,but hey u junkies take advantage.

iamdasht19 10-08-2009 08:47 PM

Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

oh shit gonna have to do this on my account :)

havox22 10-08-2009 09:12 PM

Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

has anybody did this...can u take me thru what i should say & to who to get this???

jr5416 10-08-2009 09:16 PM

Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

Quote:

Originally Posted by havox22 (Post 419025)
has anybody did this...can u take me thru what i should say & to who to get this???

Did u get ur mogul replaced for free ?Its kinda like that u just go to sprint.com and fill out the form, itll ask u for ur phones info and once u send it it will tell what its gonna be replaced with

parna1973 10-08-2009 09:18 PM

Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

Quote:

Originally Posted by jr5416 (Post 419026)
Did u get ur mogul replaced for free ?Its kinda like that u just go to sprint.com and fill out the form, itll ask u for ur phones info and once u send it it will tell what its gonna be replaced with

Hey Jr i tried that on sprint usuing the self replacment page and they still offering the touch pro dont know if we should give it some time...hopefully replacing iy wth thetpro 2.thnxs

jr5416 10-08-2009 09:23 PM

Re Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

Quote:

Originally Posted by parna1973 (Post 419027)
Hey Jr i tried that on sprint usuing the self replacment page and they still offering the touch pro dont know if we should give it some time...hopefully replacing iy wth thetpro 2.thnxs

Well it does say begining the 8th which is today bro. Try again tomm and bring back some feedback hopefully its true.

parna1973 10-08-2009 09:27 PM

Re Re Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

Quote:

Originally Posted by jr5416 (Post 419029)
Well it does say begining the 8th which is today bro. Try again tomm and bring back some feedback hopefully its true.

Sure will Jr...and thnxs for the share b back tmmorrow and post on this...let u know :)

havox22 10-08-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jr5416 (Post 419026)

no the TP was my first smart phone but ill try that out

jr5416 10-08-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havox22 (Post 419040)
no the TP was my first smart phone but ill try that out

O o well just go to sprint.com and go to self replacment and fill out the form giving

iamdasht19 10-08-2009 09:37 PM

it says sprint not asurion so you would have to call sprint in my opinion

puertoblack2003 10-08-2009 09:43 PM

i thought sprint made an announcement that they won't do any replacement to tp2. they have plenty of tp on hand plus refurbish ones...i may be wrong tho !!!!

iamdasht19 10-08-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 (Post 419043)
i thought sprint made an announcement that they won't do any replacement to tp2. they have plenty of tp on hand plus refurbish ones...i may be wrong tho !!!!

ill keep you informed im talking with them right now.

bugsb1010 10-08-2009 10:01 PM

This is very true. I went to a Sprint Service Center in Brooklyn, NY today and I told them about all the problems I've been having with my Touch Pro. I've already had it replaced twice but was having major problems with the sound. After they saw I wasn't lying they offered me the TP2, Blackberry Curve, the Rant and something else. No charge and new contract. They didn't have the TP2 in stock 2day but will have it in the store 4 me 2morrow. I live in Queens, NY and was in BK 4 training and just happened to go to the store 2 see if they could help me. They did in a major way. I'm picking up my TP2. Yay Me
Ciao,
Bugsb1010:highfive:

iamdasht19 10-08-2009 10:22 PM

Re: Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugsb1010 (Post 419051)
This is very true. I went to a Sprint Service Center in Brooklyn, NY today and I told them about all the problems I've been having with my Touch Pro. I've already had it replaced twice but was having major problems with the sound. After they saw I wasn't lying they offered me the TP2, Blackberry Curve, the Rant and something else. No charge and new contract. They didn't have the TP2 in stock 2day but will have it in the store 4 me 2morrow. I live in Queens, NY and was in BK 4 training and just happened to go to the store 2 see if they could help me. They did in a major way. I'm picking up my TP2. Yay Me
Ciao,
Bugsb1010:highfive:

congrats!!! you will love it

forty01 10-08-2009 10:29 PM

That's pretty crazy if that's the case. I'm not going to complain, but I would have never guessed they would take it in this direction. As I always say... "we shall see". Fingers Crossed ;)

fanaticny 10-08-2009 11:05 PM

haha this sounds good to me, especially since i did a TOL not long ago, but on my other account i was due for a new phone discount, and being that now im under contract with sprint again bc of the TOL and not getting any new phone i might be able to get a TP2, ill even offer them to trade my TP(it's a little beat up by now lol) + $50 Im trying this tomorrow morning!!!

V I P 10-08-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 419044)
ill keep you informed im talking with them right now.

What happened Dash? I am thinking about calling them because I just got a free TP replacement yesterday.....I'm just trying to think of a good excuse to tell them.

iamdasht19 10-08-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V I P (Post 419095)
What happened Dash? I am thinking about calling them because I just got a free TP replacement yesterday.....I'm just trying to think of a good excuse to tell them.

you have to go to a store or have a replacement sent to you recently that was a refurb and having troubles...... if you got the refurb recently they will do over the phone but if you havent you have to go to the store and have the rep tell them that it is defective... i got a tp2 coming my way... now to tell the buddy or not lmao i could by a tp off ebay for 125 ship that one back and than keep this and sell it mmmmmm decisions decisions

V I P 10-09-2009 12:01 AM

Yo I'm talking to sprint right now and I legit just read that website to the lady......shes not really having it.....I'll update shortly

--------- New Post Merged on 9/10/2009 at 01:07:33 --------

haha she got her supervisor on the phone and tried to get me to tell them the url......i laughed and said that my friend on AIM copied and pasted it to me. No go by the way and I was talking the advanced exchange department.

Sh0wNuF 10-09-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V I P (Post 419108)
Yo I'm talking to sprint right now and I legit just read that website to the lady......shes not really having it.....I'll update shortly

--------- New Post Merged on 9/10/2009 at 01:07:33 --------

haha she got her supervisor on the phone and tried to get me to tell them the url......i laughed and said that my friend on AIM copied and pasted it to me. No go by the way and I was talking the advanced exchange department.

hey were you just trying to get an exchange or were you saying that your TP wasn't working properly?

trentonmac 10-09-2009 02:40 AM

I really like the look and feel of the tp2 but until its unlocked I cant not have all the things I can do with my tp. 6.5.1 could look good but cdma tp2 guys cant do it yet.

V I P 10-09-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0wNuF (Post 419113)
hey were you just trying to get an exchange or were you saying that your TP wasn't working properly?

I said that it wasn't working properly that it was heating up and getting really hot and that I wanted an exchange

--------- New Post Merged on 9/10/2009 at 02:41:23 --------

Quote:

Originally Posted by trentonmac (Post 419120)
I really like the look and feel of the tp2 but until its unlocked I cant not have all the things I can do with my tp. 6.5.1 could look good but cdma tp2 guys cant do it yet.

It will be done very soon I'm sure

chufo68 10-09-2009 08:08 PM

Got mine ordered today too. I just showed em that oil slick blob thing with the screen and they said no problem and offered the upgrade. Told me 3-5 wrk days. I just decided to check my voicemail a few minutes ago and they said they're outta stock in the warehouse. Now I gotta sit and wait.

jr5416 10-09-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chufo68 (Post 419249)
Got mine ordered today too. I just showed em that oil slick blob thing with the screen and they said no problem and offered the upgrade. Told me 3-5 wrk days. I just decided to check my voicemail a few minutes ago and they said they're outta stock in the warehouse. Now I gotta sit and wait.

Are u with verizon or sprint bro ?

kaos 10-09-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 419097)
you have to go to a store or have a replacement sent to you recently that was a refurb and having troubles...... if you got the refurb recently they will do over the phone but if you havent you have to go to the store and have the rep tell them that it is defective... i got a tp2 coming my way... now to tell the buddy or not lmao i could by a tp off ebay for 125 ship that one back and than keep this and sell it mmmmmm decisions decisions

dude i just had both my pros replaced in past week. called em retentions and escalations wouldn't budge....said all in store.so my only choice is that to go in store. now to figure out how to cripple it alittle so it works. i called store tech wasnt in spoke to some girl about it. she told me it is true. but up to the tech. he may just replace with another tp...which is ****ed up. i got one more # to try tomorrow for a escalation manager. she gave it to me last week on last replacement. being i had my line replaced 5 times total 4 in past 2 weeks

chufo68 10-09-2009 08:34 PM

sprint of course

rwcj63 10-10-2009 04:31 PM

so i went to one of the local Sprint Repair Centers with my TP. i told them i was having problems with it dropping calls and not being able to answer calls (both are true, by the way). a tech told me there was a memo out stating the corporate wanted them to get as many people out of TPs and into something else as possible. so. the bottom line ended up being they would order me a TP2 and it will be here in about a week he said. he let me play with one that an employee had. the size kind of surprised me. i hope i don't drop the beast. it may crack whatever flooring it gets dropped on. ha

iamdasht19 10-10-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 419363)
so i went to one of the local Sprint Repair Centers with my TP. i told them i was having problems with it dropping calls and not being able to answer calls (both are true, by the way). a tech told me there was a memo out stating the corporate wanted them to get as many people out of TPs and into something else as possible. so. the bottom line ended up being they would order me a TP2 and it will be here in about a week he said. he let me play with one that an employee had. the size kind of surprised me. i hope i don't drop the beast. it may crack whatever flooring it gets dropped on. ha

congrats and you will love it... it will grow on you for sure...

take a look at this video right here on different cases and remember magnets if strong enough will turn the screen on and unlock the phone randomly..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKrVCVhzUW4

rwcj63 10-10-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 419373)
congrats and you will love it... it will grow on you for sure...

take a look at this video right here on different cases and remember magnets if strong enough will turn the screen on and unlock the phone randomly..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKrVCVhzUW4

i took my son with me and he played with it too. he was telling me how nice he thought the screen and keyboard was. then he took a pic withe camera and he was like "wow dad, i won't one!!"

tlpalmer01 10-10-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 419363)

congrats on your succ ess, my luck i would end up with another tp...i am not very lucky........

rwcj63 10-10-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlpalmer01 (Post 419383)
congrats on your succ ess, my luck i would end up with another tp...i am not very lucky........

i'm thinking that at least in my neck of the woods, they've been told to get rid of any TP that comes in the door with any issues.

iamdasht19 10-10-2009 05:36 PM

Re: Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwcj63 (Post 419387)
i'm thinking that at least in my neck of the woods, they've been told to get rid of any TP that comes in the door with any issues.

thats with all areas... i posted thenews up a couple days back that they were doing this....

rwcj63 10-10-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 419388)
thats with all areas... i posted thenews up a couple days back that they were doing this....

that's what i was thinking but i also thought i saw some posts where sprint offered TP's as replacement.

doesn't matter. i'm just really happy i'm getting this for free. but one never knows, the deal could go sour i guess. until i have it in my hands, i really don't know i guess.

Superman369 10-10-2009 08:59 PM

I called up sprint stores in my area today. 4 had no idea what I was talking about, and when I finally found one that knew what i was talking about, he said it only applies if i had 3 or more replacments sent to me within the last 6 months. So I guess I am gonna go by there tomorrow and see what its like in person.....in uniform. LOL, if they still say that, then I guess I'm just gonna get my phone swaped 3 times this week, LOL. And I need to know, from someone who has actually done it, does that whole 5 secs in a microwave actually work, or will it be obvious? Thanks peeps.
-Supes, former trial staff/mod/admin/back to mod/now V.A.<-------HA!

forty01 10-10-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman369 (Post 419430)
I called up sprint stores in my area today. 4 had no idea what I was talking about, and when I finally found one that knew what i was talking about, he said it only applies if i had 3 or more replacments sent to me within the last 6 months. So I guess I am gonna go by there tomorrow and see what its like in person.....in uniform. LOL, if they still say that, then I guess I'm just gonna get my phone swaped 3 times this week, LOL. And I need to know, from someone who has actually done it, does that whole 5 secs in a microwave actually work, or will it be obvious? Thanks peeps.

Let us know Supes, the more information and experiences we have, the better feel and grasp we might have on what they are doing, thanks.

puertoblack2003 10-10-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman369 (Post 419430)

Well, you asked to step down right there buddy !!! so i guess being a VA is a good thing ?

dizz 10-11-2009 12:57 AM

man i am going to try. i all ready got 3 replacements on the tp. andhow i did that was said i was getting 1012 whichi was and that it wouldnt up date. they would say can u get on the internet i say yes they say u should be able to get on the net . so that is a problem thati have record of . what they don't know is that from what sum one say that there systemsare going to 4g so it wouldn't letu update it prl or microsoft.v.so we shell see

sdwyz74 10-11-2009 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 419023)
oh shit gonna have to do this on my account :)

what up D! are you back with sprint ?

Superman369 10-11-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 (Post 419461)
Well, you asked to step down right there buddy !!! so i guess being a VA is a good thing ?

Hell yea. VA is good, the perks of staff without the requirements. Plus, I wanted to open the spot up for someone new and upcoming like Goku.

VenumX 10-11-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman369 (Post 419481)
Hell yea. VA is good, the perks of staff without the requirements. Plus, I wanted to open the spot up for someone new and upcoming like Goku.

make more videos supe >.<

sdwyz74: dashy just has his sero left on sprint and i think his buddy is using it, but he can use the account to get the TP swapped for TP2 :P

iamdasht19 10-11-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdwyz74 (Post 419477)
what up D! are you back with sprint ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VenumX (Post 419489)
make more videos supe >.<

sdwyz74: dashy just has his sero left on sprint and i think his buddy is using it, but he can use the account to get the TP swapped for TP2 :P

exact;y venum :) you know me so well :hug:

Mike20PR 10-11-2009 11:34 AM

this is cool, my buddy has a Touch Pro with a messed up KB. He saw mine and he instantly wants to upgrade since he was waiting for something like this to claim a replacement. So whats the best way to go about this?? I dont think he is firm enough to go toe to toe with a rep at the sprint store...

TEP still offers TP1 rite???

iamdasht19 10-11-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike20PR (Post 419512)
this is cool, my buddy has a Touch Pro with a messed up KB. He saw mine and he instantly wants to upgrade since he was waiting for something like this to claim a replacement. So whats the best way to go about this?? I dont think he is firm enough to go toe to toe with a rep at the sprint store...

TEP still offers TP1 rite???

well it has to be odne in store and they are supposed to get rid of the touch pro user by upgrading so bring it in there and they should auto order him the upgrade.

puertoblack2003 10-11-2009 12:26 PM

ok so this work if you have more then one phone replacement?

iamdasht19 10-11-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 419524)
well it has to be odne in store and they are supposed to get rid of the touch pro user by upgrading so bring it in there and they should auto order him the upgrade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 (Post 419528)
ok so this work if you have more then one phone replacement?

well basically you have to have had 3 replacements already on the touch pro than they will throw you into this device.

meansixx 10-12-2009 10:08 AM

i went to sprint on satrday cause my pro wouldnt power up so they was gonna give me the pro 2 but they was out of stock and the warehouse was out of stock so now there gonna send me another pro. as many times ive been there cause of the issues of this phone they know me pretty good so all i gotta do is call them to see if they are available and just bring the phone back and they will give me the pro 2. cant wait cause that save money that i can use for something else.

parna1973 10-12-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meansixx (Post 419799)
i went to sprint on satrday cause my pro wouldnt power up so they was gonna give me the pro 2 but they was out of stock and the warehouse was out of stock so now there gonna send me another pro. as many times ive been there cause of the issues of this phone they know me pretty good so all i gotta do is call them to see if they are available and just bring the phone back and they will give me the pro 2. cant wait cause that save money that i can use for something else.

Yea hopefully thatll put more bucks in ur pocket...My keyboard doesnt have a backlight anymore and got a crack on the side where volume buttons r at..might give this a shot at a sprint store hoping for it to be replace with a tpro 2..what do u think?

PS:im on my first pro...

forty01 10-12-2009 11:09 AM

I know 3 is supposed to be the magic number, but for those who have had their phones replaced. How many replacements have you had before it was done. I think this might give us an idea + I'm sure it may have to do with locations in that factor. Thanks.

parna1973 10-12-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forty01 (Post 419814)
I know 3 is supposed to be the magic number, but for those who have had their phones replaced. How many replacements have you had before it was done. I think this might give us an idea + I'm sure it may have to do with locations in that factor. Thanks.

THats the thing im on my first..so that might be a promblem...ill just have to suck up really good and hopefully come out with victory, but with my kinda of luck ill probably end up with a regular pro....lol

meansixx 10-12-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parna1973 (Post 419819)
THats the thing im on my first..so that might be a promblem...ill just have to suck up really good and hopefully come out with victory, but with my kinda of luck ill probably end up with a regular pro....lol

yeah i think they might just give u another pro but its worth a shot to try.