Good Times Old Times Archived Community

Good Times Old Times Archived Community (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/index.php)
-   Random Community Topics (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/forumdisplay.php?f=465)
-   -   Poor Mans Touch Pro Cradle (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=179980)

Sh0wNuF 01-23-2009 12:37 AM

Poor Mans Touch Pro Cradle

2 Attachment(s)
Found this over at xda and had to share. This is funny as hell, pretty functional but it might cause some problems with your usb connection down the line.
Code:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=473140
I'm still laughing at myself...check it out...a large binder clip makes a great display stand with charging functionality. Just pull off the squeezing clips after you clamp down on the USB plug. It's actually pretty stable too. I'm sure you could even velcro it to your desk for more stability
https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/att...8&d=1232692593
https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/att...9&d=1232692593

iamdasht19 01-23-2009 05:49 PM

Re: Poor Mans Touch Pro Cradle

hahahah very nice little thinking there...... im going to try to make my touch pro tilt like the tilt..... got the hinges just need the nerve to void the warranty :>

cookz123z 01-23-2009 05:54 PM

that would be sick...if you do it be sure to take pics or video:camera:
Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 332955)
hahahah very nice little thinking there...... im going to try to make my touch pro tilt like the tilt..... got the hinges just need the nerve to void the warranty :>

iamdasht19 01-23-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookz123z (Post 332958)

oh for sure..... might have to o it on my backup since that has bad numbers already..... i will post em up when i get the time to do it sicne i dont want to lose any screws or get pissed and throw it or even run out of time to work on it if i dont give myself enough clearence.

Sh0wNuF 01-23-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

wow that's pretty ballsy....you definitely gotta post your results...my girlfriend has the tilt and i love the tilt function....what hinges did you get? I wanna try and do it on my old mogul before i try it on my pro

cookz123z 01-23-2009 06:02 PM

wait dont mess up that mogul..lol..i will buy it off of you
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0wNuF (Post 332960)
wow that's pretty ballsy....you definitely gotta post your results...my girlfriend has the tilt and i love the tilt function....what hinges did you get? I wanna try and do it on my old mogul before i try it on my pro

iamdasht19 01-23-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0wNuF (Post 332960)

i used the tilts hinges :> you can find anything on ebay :viannen_08:

Sh0wNuF 01-23-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 332984)

aight, i'm gonna have to look into that, or try and convince my girl to get a new phone and let me rip her tilt apart :glasses1:

1mrlcb 01-23-2009 09:34 PM

I tried this ghetto junk and the usb kept falling out when i put the phone in there lol

Sh0wNuF 03-25-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 332984)

hey d/\sh did you ever "void" your warranty and try and install those hinges?

crazaytalent 03-25-2009 03:18 PM

Lmao... funny post Shownuff, I needed that good laugh, Im glad you bumped this post! Kinna funny how a good hearty laugh can get you out of your funk...thanks guys, great thread...

Quote:

Now thatll be crazy... keep us posted on that
Quote:

Originally Posted by cookz123z (Post 332958)

SHoot if he makes it work, I'd luv to see a tutorial posted to do it myself... who needs a tp2, only that itd have over my pro would then be a larger screen which I dont need anywayz
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1mrlcb (Post 333047)
I tried this ghetto junk and the usb kept falling out when i put the phone in there lol

LOL... "ghetto Junk"...lol...classic...

I think ima try this at my day job...put those office supplies to good use, since i keeps a charger/usb chord there anywayz

Sh0wNuF 03-25-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazaytalent (Post 352364)
Lmao... funny post Shownuff, I needed that good laugh, Im glad you bumped this post! Kinna funny how a good hearty laugh can get you out of your funk...thanks guys, great thread...

SHoot if he makes it work, I'd luv to see a tutorial posted to do it myself... who needs a tp2, only that itd have over my pro would then be a larger screen which I dont need anywayz

I think ima try this at my day job...put those office supplies to good use, since i keeps a charger/usb chord there anywayz

haha yeah I laughed my ass off when I saw this...

I'm definitely hopin dash was able to pull off puttin the hinges on we could basically have the new tp2 minus the larger screen without droppin the money for a new device

iamdasht19 03-25-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazaytalent (Post 352364)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0wNuF (Post 352394)
haha yeah I laughed my ass off when I saw this...

I'm definitely hopin dash was able to pull off puttin the hinges on we could basically have the new tp2 minus the larger screen without droppin the money for a new device

the hinges are a little too long for the pro so i have to think of a way that i can trim them up neatly as well as take some thickness off from them since they are a little to thick.

Sh0wNuF 03-25-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 352428)
the hinges are a little too long for the pro so i have to think of a way that i can trim them up neatly as well as take some thickness off from them since they are a little to thick.

yeah i was thinkin that same thing after I looked at my girls tilt and realized that there wasn't enough room between the pro's keyboard and the edge of the phone for the hinges to fit properly...damn I gotta try and convince my girl to let me break her phone so I can steal them