Good Times Old Times Archived Community

Good Times Old Times Archived Community (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/index.php)
-   General Questions (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/forumdisplay.php?f=434)
-   -   Ask your Blackberry questions here (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=188755)

austinator 07-13-2009 08:20 PM

Ask your Blackberry questions here

Ok, so I'm no genius, but I am certianly decent with blackberries. I know most of the users on here are WM fanatics, but i understand there are a few of you with questions about your blackberry as well.

Let's try to use this as a type of chat thread. Feel free to enter in to ask any totally random blackberry question you could have. I will do whatever I can to help and provide any useful info that i can for you all. I do not expect this to be a huge thread but just wanted to put it out there incase you have questions or concerns regarding your blackberry.

I will stay subscribed to this thread and will make sure to recieve an email on my bb right away whenever somebody responds, so please be sure only to use this for your immediate questions about blackberry. I'd like to keep this focused around issues concerning RIM devices so please no questions regarding your carrier just because you have a blackberry, unless it should so happen to revolve around your phone.

Thanks in advance and feel free to ask away.

iamdasht19 07-13-2009 08:22 PM

Re: Ask your Blackberry questions here

got you all stickied up soldier.

MikeyD 07-13-2009 09:42 PM

nice to see bb users steppin up.......we are starting to get competitive for real thanks bro, i know i will have some questions. i have buddies with bb that dont know nothing

ON3/\L 07-14-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinator (Post 390684)
Ok, so I'm no genius, but I am certianly decent with blackberries. I know most of the users on here are WM fanatics, but i understand there are a few of you with questions about your blackberry as well.

Let's try to use this as a type of chat thread. Feel free to enter in to ask any totally random blackberry question you could have. I will do whatever I can to help and provide any useful info that i can for you all. I do not expect this to be a huge thread but just wanted to put it out there incase you have questions or concerns regarding your blackberry.

I will stay subscribed to this thread and will make sure to recieve an email on my bb right away whenever somebody responds, so please be sure only to use this for your immediate questions about blackberry. I'd like to keep this focused around issues concerning RIM devices so please no questions regarding your carrier just because you have a blackberry, unless it should so happen to revolve around your phone.

Thanks in advance and feel free to ask away.

Hey how do I set up my active sync? Also, I Office Mobile icon is missing?? File explorer...Idk what happened! Pleeeaaaassee help me bro.... I at least need my Live Search... thanks in advance..!

PHE-NOM 07-14-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ON3/\L (Post 390866)
Hey how do I set up my active sync? Also, I Office Mobile icon is missing?? File explorer...Idk what happened! Pleeeaaaassee help me bro.... I at least need my Live Search... thanks in advance..!

lol, silly rabit, why not ask him in person, hahaha. glad to see you found your way austinetor....

austinator 07-14-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ON3/\L (Post 390866)

Well Mr. ON3/\L it seems you have a terrible and horrible issue. Just about the worst thing that could happen. You seem to have accidentally purchased a windows mobile phone instead of a bb. I can assure you that you would never have such issues with a RIM device. My professional suggestion would be that you immediately run to your nearest 5 star cellular Sprint Dealer and purchase either a blackberry curve or tour. This will most definately solve all your problems.

PS: techiemomma80 says get your ass to work.

PSS: active sync? I do believe there is an app for that in the blackberry app thread

A file explorer you need, just see the app thread again and check out the bbfilescout app.

Live search, thanks for that one bro. I forgot to add that into the bb app thread, I will definately do so on the second update to the app thread.

--------- New Post Merged on 14/7/2009 at 12:11:23 --------

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyD (Post 390742)
nice to see bb users steppin up.......we are starting to get competitive for real thanks bro, i know i will have some questions. i have buddies with bb that dont know nothing

Tomorrow I will be posting my pin so people can actually PIN me directly from their phones. Just please, no adding me to your bbm without first asking.

techiemomma80 07-14-2009 11:39 AM

You go bro....Stick it to him!!! Although I am really torn between the Windows mobile handsets and RIM devices. I really love the two... Keep the info comin'.

P.S. I lost my Diamond =(

ON3/\L 07-14-2009 12:58 PM

Lmfao....yeah I just thought that was kinda funny. I thought you might like that.... solid response though I like that, lol.... see you in the threads bro... or back at work. Peace.

To anyone out there who may not know.... me and ol Austin boy have a lot of fun at work with customers since he is the BB Guru and I am WinMo. So we go back and forth and when a customer ask what the best device is WE BOTH give em an ear full, lol.... it works out though because some things a customer may ask me about a BB i may not know and same for him with Winmo... it's all good. So when I sen his post I had to mess with him... just incase anyone gave a damn... Late

austinator 07-14-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techiemomma80 (Post 391000)
You go bro....Stick it to him!!! Although I am really torn between the Windows mobile handsets and RIM devices. I really love the two... Keep the info comin'.

P.S. I lost my Diamond =(

uh oh... time for a tour perhaps? ;)

I must admit, while I am a complete blackberry whore, if RIM never made blackberry, I'd be all over an HTC Touch Pro like a bachelor on a hooker the night before his wedding. The WM are beautiful devices, and as Mr. Oneal said, at work he is our WM guru, and I am our bb guru. Just personal preferences i suppose.

thebabilonias 08-25-2009 09:13 AM

Hey Im think of getting a Blackberry Storm soon is there any way of flashing it to Sprint from Verizon? Thanks a lot.

austinator 08-25-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebabilonias (Post 406535)
Hey Im think of getting a Blackberry Storm soon is there any way of flashing it to Sprint from Verizon? Thanks a lot.

Hello thebabilonias,
It is indeed possible to unlock the blackberry storm however once it's unlocked it generally is only used on GSM networks being as that it's a world phone. I suppose that it is somehow possible to have it reprogrammed to use sprint however I do not know how.

Honestly, I think it'd be more trouble than worth but that's your decision. For something like the blackberry, it going to need unlocked and reprogrammed, then you are going to have to get approval from sprint to put it on their network.

That said, it is my personal opinion that the storm is not worth it. Yes I wil admit that it's a fun phone, but the defects are not worth it, bad touch screen, too easy to pop the touch screen out, slow processor, freezing, restarting, and more. I used to work at verizon and was exceedingly happy when the storm came out, however that quickly turned.

If you want a cool and hip blackberry on sprint, I'd stick with a Tour.

Hope this is helpful to you.

thebabilonias 08-25-2009 12:03 PM

Thanks for your input that really helps a lot I think the tour is going to be my best bet good lookin out.

thebabilonias 08-30-2009 05:33 PM

I know there used to be a Blackberry applications section is is still available or is it shut down?

iamdasht19 08-30-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebabilonias (Post 408473)
I know there used to be a Blackberry applications section is is still available or is it shut down?

still available from the resource dropdown and iceman just got a blackberry and has been adding to it as well.

austinator 08-30-2009 06:27 PM

It's still there. Might want to ask d/\sh about it if you don't have access. It's called the "massive blackberry app thread" and I'm going to be updating it a lot very soon.

Sorry I haven't been around much to take care of that stuff guys. Do to some work situations I only log in from my bb when I get an email to this thread but I'll soon remedy that.

thebabilonias 08-30-2009 07:15 PM

I clicked on resources is it under freeware or mobile customization?

iamdasht19 08-30-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebabilonias (Post 408507)
I clicked on resources is it under freeware or mobile customization?

its under the premium section... take a look at #10 for your options.

Code:

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/how-2-getting-t170281.html?t=170281

thebabilonias 08-30-2009 07:47 PM

first the link for #10 is down second to what Im reading i have to pay something in order to access the blackberry section?

iamdasht19 08-30-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebabilonias (Post 408525)
first the link for #10 is down second to what Im reading i have to pay something in order to access the blackberry section?

well you didnt read very good now did you...... it mentions that or 80 posts... you were told that above in this thread too and you still odnt get it.... what more can we say to make this straight forward i dont understand..... 80 posts or pay that is your option..... says it clear as day in that link i just gave to you....... read carefully in the future or read the full thing at least.

thebabilonias 08-30-2009 07:57 PM

lol my mistake have a good one........

--------- New Post Merged on 30/8/2009 at 09:05:39 --------

what kind of movie player can be used on the bb curve? tcmp? Smartmovie?

austinator 08-31-2009 09:49 AM

Massive Blackberry App Thread

There you go

--------- New Post Merged on 31/8/2009 at 10:51:13 --------

and apparently dash already told you about this, my mistake. Carry on everyone.

m260gt 09-02-2009 10:52 AM

are there any free pdf viewers for the blackberry? i have the trial version of pdf to go. any way to get an activaation code like for windows mobile?? :) or do i have to pay for these? lol

thebabilonias 09-02-2009 09:26 PM

hey I thought after youve had over 80 posts I thought I would have access to the blackberry apps section? Am i looking at the wrong place its under resource right? Please help.

--------- New Post Merged on 2/9/2009 at 10:37:57 --------

Im sorry please disregard I found it lol thanks!!

m260gt 09-03-2009 10:56 AM

another problem ive found on my tour from verizon is when im listening to music. if i get a text or email while im listening to a song, the music will stop, then skip to the next song even if its in the middle of the song. its very annoying and strange. any help would be awesome.

thebabilonias 09-03-2009 08:57 PM

Just got a Blackberry Curve titanium pretty stoked about it, I was wondering if there was an app that you can call someone and have the caller id on their phone say someone else?

--------- New Post Merged on 4/9/2009 at 10:44:45 --------

is there a way smartmovie or coreplayer can work on the blackberry curve?

Trunks 09-05-2009 11:07 PM

hi i really dont know much about black berries but can they use internet sharing like the windows mobile phones?

--------- New Post Merged on 6/9/2009 at 12:09:44 --------

and for the massive blackberry app thread i get the 404 error :/

sdwyz74 09-12-2009 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinator (Post 390980)
Well Mr. ON3/\L it seems you have a terrible and horrible issue. Just about the worst thing that could happen. You seem to have accidentally purchased a windows mobile phone instead of a bb. I can assure you that you would never have such issues with a RIM device. My professional suggestion would be that you immediately run to your nearest 5 star cellular Sprint Dealer and purchase either a blackberry curve or tour. This will most definately solve all your problems.

PS: techiemomma80 says get your ass to work.

PSS: active sync? I do believe there is an app for that in the blackberry app thread

A file explorer you need, just see the app thread again and check out the bbfilescout app.

Live search, thanks for that one bro. I forgot to add that into the bb app thread, I will definately do so on the second update to the app thread.

--------- New Post Merged on 14/7/2009 at 12:11:23 --------

Tomorrow I will be posting my pin so people can actually PIN me directly from their phones. Just please, no adding me to your bbm without first asking.

first this is my first BB that i will stick with for Awhile so with that said can i add you and also what is PIN as i keep seeing it in my STORM

thebabilonias 09-13-2009 10:55 PM

how do i download a jad or jar file when my bb dm manager only supports alx files?

deadheart 10-08-2009 08:11 PM

Hey, My daughter bought a Backwardsberry Curve 8330, and we put it on my plan about may... she hasnt had internet since. When I contacted sprint, they say the phone HAS TO have a Blackberry plan, which is another $30 a month, and I already am paying for unlimeted internet!!!.... She is a kid of 15, and has no use for that blackberry mail and all the other Blackberry tools that are availalbe, but we cant go on the internet using the regular sprint network. Is there a way to use the regular sprint network for internet, which I am already paying for, and not get this plan? a rom something... any help would be appreciated

deadheart 10-10-2009 09:29 PM

Does nobody know what im talking about with sprint?

Trunks 10-13-2009 01:38 PM

Ok i need help with my bb. When someone calls me i cant hear them and they can hear me sometimes i just hear and echo of my voice. but it works well sometimes. but not all the time. is the bb mess up or some programs is preventing it from working well? (its a bb 8310 at&t)

ICEM/\N 10-13-2009 01:56 PM

Re Ask your Blackberry questions here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trunks (Post 420151)
Ok i need help with my bb. When someone calls me i cant hear them and they can hear me sometimes i just hear and echo of my voice. but it works well sometimes. but not all the time. is the bb mess up or some programs is preventing it from working well? (its a bb 8310 at&t)

have you tried a memory reset by taking out the battery and waiting 60 seconds and popping it back in and turning device on....if you have my last option before taking it in to a carrier store if you are still within your 1 year warranty...would be to hard reset device, which would wipe phone clean, so make sure you back up device to your computer!

austinator 10-28-2009 04:52 PM

My deepest apologies everyone. I had not seen an email about this thread in soooo long, I did not know anyone was posting in it. Not sure why I stopped recieving emails about it but I will definately look into it. Give me until the end of today and I will answer all of your questions.

--------- New Post Merged on 28/10/2009 at 05:55:29 --------

Quote:

Originally Posted by m260gt (Post 409463)
are there any free pdf viewers for the blackberry? i have the trial version of pdf to go. any way to get an activaation code like for windows mobile?? :) or do i have to pay for these? lol

First of all, I love your avatar. Secondly, I am not aware of any hacked ones yet, though I am about to post a link in the bb apps thread with a bunch of hacked stuff so keep your eyes peeled. I will indeed search for this for you though.

I am no hacker, so i'd only be finding somebody else's work for you. But I will certianly try my best and I'll report back within the week.

--------- New Post Merged on 28/10/2009 at 05:58:07 --------

Quote:

Originally Posted by m260gt (Post 409842)
another problem ive found on my tour from verizon is when im listening to music. if i get a text or email while im listening to a song, the music will stop, then skip to the next song even if its in the middle of the song. its very annoying and strange. any help would be awesome.

I have yet to run into this issue though I've dealt very little with the Tour. My suggestion would be to use the desktop manager to reload the software onto it. Make sure to back up your device first so as not to lose all of your contact info, etc.

I can see as to where that would be very annoying. Let me know how that works out.

--------- New Post Merged on 28/10/2009 at 05:59:55 --------

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebabilonias (Post 410024)
Just got a Blackberry Curve titanium pretty stoked about it, I was wondering if there was an app that you can call someone and have the caller id on their phone say someone else?

--------- New Post Merged on 4/9/2009 at 10:44:45 --------

is there a way smartmovie or coreplayer can work on the blackberry curve?

The app is called "bluff my call" and there is a version of it available for download in the blackberry app world. Thanks for mentioning that because if it isn't already in my blackberry apps thread, I'll be putting it there.

--------- New Post Merged on 28/10/2009 at 06:00:38 --------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trunks (Post 410680)
hi i really dont know much about black berries but can they use internet sharing like the windows mobile phones?

--------- New Post Merged on 6/9/2009 at 12:09:44 --------

and for the massive blackberry app thread i get the 404 error :/

Define... "internet sharing" ???

--------- New Post Merged on 28/10/2009 at 06:04:07 --------

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdwyz74 (Post 412433)
first this is my first BB that i will stick with for Awhile so with that said can i add you and also what is PIN as i keep seeing it in my STORM

The PIN for your blackberry is basically like your blackberries soial security number. Every blackberry has a PIN. It's what identifies your blackberry.

A PIN message is a message that is delivered straight from my blackberry to your blackberry almost like an email except that it never hits a real server, just straight from my blackberry through the network to yours. Similiar to walkie talkie's you used as a child if you will.

A PIN is more commonly used for blackberry messenger. Please don't ask me what blackberry messenger is without first reading my blackberry messenger thread.

Yes you can have mine, it's 3036BA45

--------- New Post Merged on 28/10/2009 at 06:05:28 --------

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebabilonias (Post 412868)
how do i download a jad or jar file when my bb dm manager only supports alx files?

Must be converted to an ALX file 9 times out of ten. That's getting into computer stuff there and I am not good with computer stuff. I'll look into this a little more and let you know about my findings though.

--------- New Post Merged on 28/10/2009 at 06:08:35 --------

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadheart (Post 419013)
Hey, My daughter bought a Backwardsberry Curve 8330, and we put it on my plan about may... she hasnt had internet since. When I contacted sprint, they say the phone HAS TO have a Blackberry plan, which is another $30 a month, and I already am paying for unlimeted internet!!!.... She is a kid of 15, and has no use for that blackberry mail and all the other Blackberry tools that are availalbe, but we cant go on the internet using the regular sprint network. Is there a way to use the regular sprint network for internet, which I am already paying for, and not get this plan? a rom something... any help would be appreciated

If you are on an everything data plan, you should have the internet available. Send a PM to ON3/\L about it. He works for sprint and can take a look at your plan and help you out. He's very knowledable about sprint's PDA devices and would have more access to that than myself, but yes with most PDA devices now, it is mandatory to have an internet package.

The blackberry has no cheats that I am aware of to avoid paying for the internet. The drawback to being CIA certified? If the CIA can't crack it I probably can't either.

--------- New Post Merged on 28/10/2009 at 06:12:23 --------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trunks (Post 420151)

First back up your device with the desktop manager. Then totally wipe the device. Try a call. Assuming it works correctly, reload your backup file and see if it still works properly.

If it doesn't work properly after installing that file, you have a bug that was downloaded and you need to figure out what app is giving you issues.

Also, you'd be amazed but a software update can fix this. It was an issue with the 8310 and the 8350i that was fixed by a mere software update. Otherwise, PM me your info and I'll see if you are still under warranty and what your options are.

bill 10-28-2009 08:29 PM

is there a way to save programs to the sd card instead of the device

austinator 10-29-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill (Post 423791)
is there a way to save programs to the sd card instead of the device

Not right now but rest assured if I find one I will be letting you all know.

m260gt 10-30-2009 04:43 PM

haah thanks i love my avatar too. took me forever to find the Mustang GT engine. i could only find the cobra. but yeah ive since got a new tour and the problem hasnt come back yet. the problem im getting is it says my sim card is not valid. lol. so idk whats going on there.

bill 10-30-2009 10:27 PM

alright cool thanks that would be great when u can save programs to the sd it would free up so much space and run much faster

--------- New Post Merged on 31/10/2009 at 03:57:56 --------

hey is there any one who makes themes for the 8330

austinator 10-31-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m260gt (Post 424397)
haah thanks i love my avatar too. took me forever to find the Mustang GT engine. i could only find the cobra. but yeah ive since got a new tour and the problem hasnt come back yet. the problem im getting is it says my sim card is not valid. lol. so idk whats going on there.

Sim not valid means either a new sim card or a new phone. The prongs are not making good contact with the sim car or it's getting knocked out of place.

mickbali123 11-06-2009 04:56 AM

Hi everyone.
I am confuse in buying black berry phones, So help me in finding cool stuff in this?

austinator 11-06-2009 11:40 AM

Re Re Ask your Blackberry questions here

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickbali123 (Post 426177)
Hi everyone.
I am confuse in buying black berry phones, So help me in finding cool stuff in this?

What? English please.

DARKSTAR21 01-06-2010 12:59 AM

Quick question Austinator, just as Trunks is asking. Well at least what I think he is asking is there a tethering app or hack that allows you to tether your phone like on the winmo phones? I am considering getting a BB and am torn between my tethering that I have for my Touch Pro so I have yet to make a move.

broSki 01-06-2010 06:35 PM

well my question here is this, im getting a BB Tour for sprint in a few days, I kno OS 5.0 isnt out for sprint bb tour, but I do kno that RIM has released 5.0 to the carriers, I went to crackberry.com to check it out and they have roms/image/or w/e they call it for BB's lol....question is how do I get 5.0 on the tour? Guide me someone haha

iamdasht19 01-07-2010 09:45 PM

Re: Re Ask your Blackberry questions here

Quote:

Originally Posted by broSki (Post 437644)
well my question here is this, im getting a BB Tour for sprint in a few days, I kno OS 5.0 isnt out for sprint bb tour, but I do kno that RIM has released 5.0 to the carriers, I went to crackberry.com to check it out and they have roms/image/or w/e they call it for BB's lol....question is how do I get 5.0 on the tour? Guide me someone haha

Code:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105106
thats what your talking about and just need a tutorial? they didnt have that at crackberry?

broSki 01-08-2010 04:55 AM

Re Re Ask your Blackberry questions here

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 437852)
Code:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105106
thats what your talking about and just need a tutorial? they didnt have that at crackberry?

thanks dashy, I dunno bro, im walking into this shit blind sided man, in that link I see hybrid and leak. WTF those mean lol...and yea im looking for a tutorial on how to get v5.0 on the sprint tour...let me try 2 google this out, u kno whats funny, even tho im lost as hell, im happy as hell lmaooo. WHY? b/c I know im about to learn something new..."knowledge is power" lmaoo

iamdasht19 01-08-2010 12:59 PM

Re: Re Re Ask your Blackberry questions here

Quote:

Originally Posted by broSki (Post 437875)
thanks dashy, I dunno bro, im walking into this shit blind sided man, in that link I see hybrid and leak. WTF those mean lol...and yea im looking for a tutorial on how to get v5.0 on the sprint tour...let me try 2 google this out, u kno whats funny, even tho im lost as hell, im happy as hell lmaooo. WHY? b/c I know im about to learn something new..."knowledge is power" lmaoo

for sure but there isnt much out there for them trust me... but anyways you drop your wm powered device and the iphone now? or you still got them?

sdwyz74 01-08-2010 01:15 PM

hey whats up does anyone know how to get the icons back cause i am working on a BB curve at&t and the icons are gone when you hit the menu theres the icon for all the apps but mine wont pop-up ??? someone please help thanks