Good Times Old Times Archived Community

Good Times Old Times Archived Community (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/index.php)
-   Random Community Topics (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/forumdisplay.php?f=465)
-   -   [ANNOUNCEMENT] Schedule Site Maintenance and Program Upgrades (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=189183)

puertoblack2003 07-22-2009 01:35 PM

Schedule Site Maintenance and Program Upgrades

Plans are in the works to upgrade few 3rd party software that are due for an upgrade.And to accomplish that.I have to close the board to successfully complete the task.

1.cms system mod
2.youtube mod
3.Front Page Slideshow

This will occur later tonight at about 11:30pm eastern time

pb

iamdasht19 07-22-2009 01:38 PM

Re: Schedule Site Maintenance and Program Upgrades

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 (Post 393941)
Plans are in the works to upgrade few 3rd party software that are due for an upgrade.And to accomplish that.I have to close the board to successfully complete the task.

1.cms system mod
2.youtube mod
3.Front Page Slideshow

This will occur later tonight at about 11:30pm eastern time

pb

thanks for the heads up and the hard work that you constantly do on the boards keeping them up to date and looking good..... how long does a process like that normally take if all goes well?

CYBER WEESJE 07-22-2009 01:38 PM

He bro thanks for the update and the work you always do pb 3 new cool mods great and ill be on palringo then lol

grtz cyber weesje
moderator@spj

puertoblack2003 07-22-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 393942)
thanks for the heads up and the hard work that you constantly do on the boards keeping them up to date and looking good..... how long does a process like that normally take if all goes well?

probably like 30 mins to an hour depending on the upgrade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CYBER WEESJE (Post 393943)
He bro thanks for the update and the work you always do pb 3 new cool mods great and ill be on palringo then lol
grtz cyber weesje
moderator@spj

lol..not server weesj just forum mods...Server is up to date with the latest...

jr5416 07-22-2009 02:03 PM

Thanks for the heads up bro ill be sleeping lol or studying for an exam ,great job with everything u do around here spj has great speeds

BiG JeW 07-22-2009 05:20 PM

thanks you sir... it least now i wont be surprised when i see page cannot be displayed or spj home page looks different... good to know PB is keeping this bad boy runnin with the latest stuff so the site can be smooth... thanks PB

ronaldsdv 07-23-2009 06:18 AM

Thank you for the heads up PB!

iamdasht19 07-23-2009 12:29 PM

did you end up doing this last night pb? wasnt home at the time to check.... all seeems good right now on my side... only thing i noticed is it looks like the whole site is stretched thus giving the not as sharp look and more stretched look to the site.

puertoblack2003 07-23-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 394275)
did you end up doing this last night pb? wasn't home at the time to check.... all seems good right now on my side... only thing i noticed is it looks like the whole site is stretched thus giving the not as sharp look and more stretched look to the site.

yea, i got it done with in 45 min...I didn't do anything with vb, it was only youtube mod they change the designed and changed the code and the cms mod too.I don't know why the site looks stretch out..hmm I'll look into later

puertoblack2003 12-05-2009 05:37 PM

hey guys, there's a nasty bug that i have to exterminate...lol actually from the last upgrade kinda thru everything off so i have to revert the mod back, but i have to shut down the site for like at least 10 to 15 mins....This will be done at about 8:00pm eastern time.

thanks guys

iamdasht19 12-05-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 (Post 432456)
hey guys, there's a nasty bug that i have to exterminate...lol actually from the last upgrade kinda thru everything off so i have to revert the mod back, but i have to shut down the site for like at least 10 to 15 mins....This will be done at about 8:00pm eastern time.

thanks guys

cool thanks for the heads up and at least we wont be down for long otherwise i would go insane here at work with nothing to do hahaa

thanks for always keeping us running good and smooth :)

puertoblack2003 12-05-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 432457)
cool thanks for the heads up and at least we wont be down for long otherwise i would go insane here at work with nothing to do hahaa

thanks for always keeping us running good and smooth :)

this been going on for a while now and i had a script to restart the server...but my log is at about 4 gig of the same error so its driving me crazy...lol

CYBER WEESJE 12-05-2009 05:41 PM

Re Schedule Site Maintenance and Program Upgrades

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 (Post 432456)

thanks guys

he bro oke notice there whas some isseus thanks for the update and the work and 15mins thats not long LOL

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
SENIOR ADMIN@SPJ

iamdasht19 12-05-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 (Post 432459)
this been going on for a while now and i had a script to restart the server...but my log is at about 4 gig of the same error so its driving me crazy...lol

damn thats insane and yup better to get done with now before he keeps piling up and getting longer and longer....

puertoblack2003 12-06-2009 05:46 PM

I've ordered a new and better cpu cooler, i should receive it either late Monday or early Tuesday morning.. i did some ghetto fix to get us by..Once i have everything that i need then again the site will be shut down to install new hardware..sorry for any inconvenience ..issues like this is out of my hands and control.But we have the resource to fix it.thanks to the donators...

pb

iamdasht19 12-06-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 (Post 432519)
I've ordered a new and better cpu cooler, i should receive it either late Monday or early Tuesday morning.. i did some ghetto fix to get us by..Once i have everything that i need then again the site will be shut down to install new hardware..sorry for any inconvenience ..issues like this is out of my hands and control.But we have the resource to fix it.thanks to the donators...

pb

cool thanks pb :) glad to hear that we are gonna keep on ticking and damn what you do get he overnight shipping hahaha

puertoblack2003 12-06-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 432522)
cool thanks pb :) glad to hear that we are gonna keep on ticking and damn what you do get he overnight shipping hahaha

hahaha i got too i got to get this thing out of the way...xmas is my busy month moving around with wifey and family...i would hate messing around with the server while under the influence ahahahaha

PsyChoTk 12-06-2009 06:07 PM

Re Schedule Site Maintenance and Program Upgrades

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003
i would hate messing around with the server while under the influence

i don't know dude, you could get some milage out of that.

puertoblack2003 12-06-2009 06:17 PM

Re: Re Schedule Site Maintenance and Program Upgrades

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsyChoTk (Post 432527)
i don't know dude, you could get some milage out of that.

lol..yep you right...:smile-big:

iamdasht19 12-06-2009 06:41 PM

hahaha thats for sure because i dont think you would be able to walk your wifey through what you needed her to do hahaha i remember the one year when you couldnt make it up without her help hahaha ive had some of those days myself... that night they are fun but the next morning they suck :beer:

puertoblack2003 12-06-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 432529)
hahaha thats for sure because i dont think you would be able to walk your wifey through what you needed her to do hahaha i remember the one year when you couldnt make it up without her help hahaha ive had some of those days myself... that night they are fun but the next morning they suck :beer:

hahahah yep, but I'm not going crazy this year...lol :rolleyes:

iamdasht19 12-06-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 (Post 432536)
hahahah yep, but I'm not going crazy this year...lol :rolleyes:

cmon now pb why not ? its soooo much fun and all the cool kids are doing it lmao

puertoblack2003 12-06-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 432540)
cmon now pb why not ? its soooo much fun and all the cool kids are doing it lmao

hahaha wifey already warn me this year i have to be a good boy and drink moderate.hahahah:smile-big:

puertoblack2003 12-08-2009 01:49 PM

Re: Schedule Site Maintenance Hardware 12.08.2009

ok guys, as i previously mentioned i need to close the site down again,The hardware has arrive and i need to installed this..catch us on the maintenance blog page or on palringo.You can check on the progress report on twitter too.

see ya soon

iamdasht19 12-08-2009 09:11 PM

thanks and as you can see we are back up for a lil bit now, they shipped pb the fan and was missing parts so we have to wait for it to come in again in full and than close down and install again from what i understand.... correct me if im wrong pb.

forty01 12-08-2009 11:31 PM

Sounds good and thanks for all the time and continuous strides to make this up and running... the internet home away from home ;)

puertoblack2003 12-09-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 432930)
thanks and as you can see we are back up for a lil bit now, they shipped pb the fan and was missing parts so we have to wait for it to come in again in full and than close down and install again from what i understand.... correct me if im wrong pb.

yep dashy,,sorry caught a bug and i wasn't feelin to well.

iamdasht19 12-09-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 (Post 433014)
yep dashy,,sorry caught a bug and i wasn't feelin to well.

hopefully you feeling better and i had a feeling thus why i threw that on there.....