Good Times Old Times Archived Community

Good Times Old Times Archived Community (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/index.php)
-   Random Community Topics (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/forumdisplay.php?f=465)
-   -   Touch Pro or Diamond (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=182283)

njkid32 03-07-2009 07:09 PM

Touch Pro or Diamond

I am sorry if there are 10000 threads about this but I couldnt even find one.

Anyway, I've been using the TP for about 2 weeks now and am not sure if I like it all that much. This is my second one btw cuz my first one had screen separation issues. So I have a Diamond on its way to me to compare. I just thought I'd ask ahead and get some insight between the 2 phones.

I came from a Touch so I am used to not having the keyboard. In fact I find myself using the onscreen keyboard more than the slide out one. If the keyboard is the only difference between the 2 phones then maybe I should go with the Diamond.

So please share your thoughts on this. Which phone would you prefer if given the option.

Thanks!

iamdasht19 03-07-2009 07:28 PM

Re: Touch Pro or Diamond

Quote:

Originally Posted by njkid32 (Post 346996)
I am sorry if there are 10000 threads about this but I couldnt even find one.

Anyway, I've been using the TP for about 2 weeks now and am not sure if I like it all that much. This is my second one btw cuz my first one had screen separation issues. So I have a Diamond on its way to me to compare. I just thought I'd ask ahead and get some insight between the 2 phones.

I came from a Touch so I am used to not having the keyboard. In fact I find myself using the onscreen keyboard more than the slide out one. If the keyboard is the only difference between the 2 phones then maybe I should go with the Diamond.

So please share your thoughts on this. Which phone would you prefer if given the option.

Thanks!

there are more difference, the touch pro comes out of the box with the capability for av out to your tv (nice for car tv if you have) , the diamond doesnt have a sd card slot and only has 4 gigs of internal memory, the keyboard as you said, dont get landscape mode in touchflo 3d.... i myslef would stay with the touch pro, i have both and wouldnt go back to the diamond unless it was an emergency, but im a big keyboard person too.

njkid32 03-07-2009 07:35 PM

Explained perfectly! Thanks D/\SH..

I just wasnt to sure of all the differences between the 2. So I'll have an extra Diamond to sell off or give to my cousin lol..

I put the clear hard case on my TP the other day which has now made it a little bulkier but, overall this is a great phone. Other than the battery not lasting more than a day for me. I've never had a phone that I had to charge twice in one day lol.

iamdasht19 03-07-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njkid32 (Post 347001)
Explained perfectly! Thanks D/\SH..

I just wasnt to sure of all the differences between the 2. So I'll have an extra Diamond to sell off or give to my cousin lol..

I put the clear hard case on my TP the other day which has now made it a little bulkier but, overall this is a great phone. Other than the battery not lasting more than a day for me. I've never had a phone that I had to charge twice in one day lol.

go to a custom rom, i get through 18 hours plus easy under moderate to heavy everyday use.

njkid32 03-07-2009 07:44 PM

I'm running Conflippers TP rom right now. But have tried a few others. Its still new so I'm trying different rom's till I find the one I like.

The one thing that kept me on this rom is the picture mail actually works. On most of the other TP rom's I was unable to send pics at all. But, still playing around..

iamdasht19 03-07-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njkid32 (Post 347008)
I'm running Conflippers TP rom right now. But have tried a few others. Its still new so I'm trying different rom's till I find the one I like.

The one thing that kept me on this rom is the picture mail actually works. On most of the other TP rom's I was unable to send pics at all. But, still playing around..

try the mightyrom... works fine....

Sh0wNuF 03-08-2009 12:54 AM

and definitely take a look at taylorspj's tweaks/hacks thread cause his battery tweaks significantly increase the battery life on any rom

tlpalmer01 03-08-2009 10:15 AM

i went from touch to a pro, i had debated about the diamond but wanted an external sd slot and a keyboard..........

PROBEX 03-08-2009 11:33 AM

I still get 2 full days of use out of Juicy's 4.7 rom on normal usage. I wont be changing anytime soon.