Good Times Old Times Archived Community

Good Times Old Times Archived Community (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/index.php)
-   Random Community Topics (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/forumdisplay.php?f=465)
-   -   A tale of the lost mogul! (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=152621)

Psycho 03-15-2008 10:56 PM

A tale of the lost mogul!

You guys remember the problems that I had with the vogue? The fact that It had 0 Signal everywhere? well, I emailed the corporate office about my problems hoping that they would send me a mogul, and they didn't respond for 2 days, so I decided to do an insurance claim. Well I got an email a few days after the claim from sprint that they were sending me a mogul, and the next day, I received 2 moguls! Well, I was happy that I got 2 moguls, but I had a bad feeling that I would have to send one back :( Well I decided to send the touch back and see what happens... Yesterday my bill came, and it said that I owed 625$. I'm thinking man, gotta send the other one back. Well I called sprint asking what had happened, and they said that it looked like I bought the phone outright, so I explained that the mogul was a replacement phone, and that I sent the touch back. They looked in their computers and seen that they did receive the touch back. Well they never mentioned anything about the insurance claim, and the 50$ deductible that I was supposed to be charged disappeared! So now I am the proud owner of 2 moguls for 300$ (price I paid for the vogue on ebay)... well they also are making me pay the taxes on the mogul... a whopping 30$.... (atleast its better than the 50$ deductible :) )

My question is, should my conscience be bothering me about this? Cause it sure ain't :) The magical mogul that was lost by sprint! (please don't ask for this phone to be sold, I have a friend that already wants to buy it...)

kaos 03-15-2008 11:00 PM

Re: A tale of the lost mogul!

lol and i was going to ask you if you wanted to sell or trade for a 360 and some cash.being to me..lol
cool cool be careful thought...i had it happen and got hit 933 dollars......after 1 hr on the phone got it dropped thankfully.....it might slip through for now....but when he activates esn can come back and bite you....

Psycho 03-15-2008 11:02 PM

how long should I wait to activate it? I just went to phonehistoryreport.com and got a report back on it. Clear esn... if that makes a difference, oh yeah, and I already have a 360 elite that I don't play much (christmas present...) and a ps3 that I use to watch blu-ray movies... I mainly use my pc to play games, such as crisis

kaos 03-15-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho (Post 208893)
how long should I wait to activate it? I just went to phonehistoryreport.com and got a report back on it. Clear esn... if that makes a difference, oh yeah, and I already have a 360 elite that I don't play much (christmas present...) and a ps3 that I use to watch blu-ray movies... I mainly use my pc to play games, such as crisis

lol i don't know...mines a halo3 elite as well.....but i know i got 2 as well..got nervous sent 2nd back...they gave me basically 2 free month of service for both my lines....so i basically saved like close to 300 bucks...

Psycho 03-15-2008 11:18 PM

wow, thats awsome that they did that for you! 300$ would cover me for 7 months, with 20$ to spare! (i love my plan!)

kaos 03-15-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho (Post 208898)
wow, thats awsome that they did that for you! 300$ would cover me for 7 months, with 20$ to spare! (i love my plan!)

ya i have a few lines with everything on them. under one account....I honestly think the lady screwed up...i told her my bill was on there and that the reset was a over charge for the replacement mogul and the accidental 2nd they sent.....she said please hold came back and said i adjusted your balance to 0...thank you for being honest and choosing sprint...guess honest cause they didn't know about the second mogul....lol.. so i kept quit...they wanna give me free months ill take it...i know when to shut up...lmao

iamdasht19 03-15-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos (Post 208899)
ya i have a few lines with everything on them. under one account....I honestly think the lady screwed up...i told her my bill was on there and that the reset was a over charge for the replacement mogul and the accidental 2nd they sent.....she said please hold came back and said i adjusted your balance to 0...thank you for being honest and choosing sprint...guess honest cause they didn't know about the second mogul....lol.. so i kept quit...they wanna give me free months ill take it...i know when to shut up...lmao

lol as kaos said though be careful since it could bite you in the ass.

Psycho 03-15-2008 11:51 PM

are you sure that it would bite me in the ass, and my friend?

kaos 03-16-2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho (Post 208917)
are you sure that it would bite me in the ass, and my friend?

consider this....when they sent both to me ...both had tracking numbers....even though they didn't know about second...I am sure sooner or later it would have flagged a pc some where in there offices...then most likely charged to me...especially if they seen it activated...

Psycho 03-16-2008 12:05 AM

ok i will be careful then, thanks for the tips