Good Times Old Times Archived Community

Good Times Old Times Archived Community (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/index.php)
-   Random Community Topics (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/forumdisplay.php?f=465)
-   -   [MUST-READ] DASHT To Open Cell Shop (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=192086)

iamdasht19 09-29-2009 07:31 PM

DASHT To Open Cell Shop

hey guys as the title states i will be opening a cellphone shop that will carry multiple service providers such as verizon, sprint, alltel, etc... i dont want it to be like any average cell shack so i need a snappy name and some ideas.... im not going to tell you what i and goku (thanks for some ideas already buddy) have came up with so i can see where you guys take it..... any comment is welcome as long as it is helpful and or an idea... thanks for the help guys and a name for this place would be great too since i can only come up with Rap|d Dash Cellular aka RDC for short.

DJCaSpER 09-29-2009 07:35 PM

Re: DASHT To Open Cell Shop

how about "D/\SH'S free style cellular shop"..

iamdasht19 09-29-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJCaSpER (Post 416639)
how about "D/\SH'S free style cellular shop"..

nice thought and doesnt have to have my name in it..... gonna have to writ all these down.. keep the ideas coming guys :)

PsyChoTk 09-29-2009 07:37 PM

How about, "I'm not giving away free $&*t!! Especially to my friends!"

iamdasht19 09-29-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsyChoTk (Post 416641)
How about, "I'm not giving away free $&*t!! Especially to my friends!"

now that name is the king shit hahahhahah i love the creativity and such :smile: only problem is i would need to buy only large bags and font on the sign may have to be pretty small.

MikeyD 09-29-2009 08:30 PM

since you gonna carry a few sevices how about "One Stop Wireless"

jr5416 09-29-2009 08:32 PM

How about Best cells in town !

MikeyD 09-29-2009 08:37 PM

wait i know your favorite word "Golden" Wireless

iamdasht19 09-29-2009 08:49 PM

thanks guys but what about the services to set it apart..... thats the most important part since if no that no shop so no name haha

puertoblack2003 09-29-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 416637)
hey guys as the title states i will be opening a cellphone shop that will carry multiple service providers such as verizon, sprint, alltel, etc... i dont want it to be like any average cell shack so i need a snappy name and some ideas.... im not going to tell you what i and goku (thanks for some ideas already buddy) have came up with so i can see where you guys take it..... any comment is welcome as long as it is helpful and or an idea... thanks for the help guys and a name for this place would be great too since i can only come up with Rap|d Dash Cellular aka RDC for short.

good luck bro...i seen alot like these little shop opening in the malls

MikeyD 09-29-2009 09:06 PM

Ok how about Golden Mod Wireless

iamdasht19 09-29-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 (Post 416685)
good luck bro...i seen alot like these little shop opening in the malls

yeah im going for bigger and with the publicity i will bring to spj sinc we are going off that too will be insane and help us out like mad for the mere fact that you can only teach so much in the shop and all.... and not looking at a little kiosk we are going with a full fledged store and such... thanks for the wishes pb and dont worry nothing around here is going to change, you cant take me away from spj that easily.

puertoblack2003 09-29-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 416695)
yeah im going for bigger and with the publicity i will bring to spj sinc we are going off that too will be insane and help us out like mad for the mere fact that you can only teach so much in the shop and all.... and not looking at a little kiosk we are going with a full fledged store and such... thanks for the wishes pb and dont worry nothing around here is going to change, you cant take me away from spj that easily.

hahahah i hear ya i'm sure you'll have your lappy with ya..

NINE'SICKS 09-29-2009 10:04 PM

ok so heres my idea..:soldier: 'CELL PHONE JUNKIE', that way ur not limited to the types of phones ur gunna sell or the service providers ur gunna carrie. im sure ull have all the basic things u would in a cell store (ie: chargers,head sets) and some bcuz not only will u be able to flash most phones over to metro pcs but u can go futher and mod them so they get full internet/mms!! so its like having a cell shop plus u can provide all the modding we do here in spj only IN STORE :computer:!!

well this is just one man opinion..:highfive:

fanaticny 09-29-2009 10:16 PM

you guys know nothing about business, sex sells so call it "Dash's Kinky Cell Shop" :rofl:

ps. I'd make me wanna step inside if i was a girl lol

NINE'SICKS 09-29-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanaticny (Post 416705)
you guys know nothing about business, sex sells so call it "Dash's Kinky Cell Shop" :rofl:

ps. I'd make me wanna step inside if i was a girl lol

SPRINT, VERIZON WIRELESS, T-MOBILE, AT&T nothing sexxy about those names but i do see where ur going with the whole sex sells idea. now, if dash's window display was a GIANT photo of some sexy girl in a bikini holding a modded tp2 THAT would get my attention..or even if she was talking a pic of her self :highfive: :highfive:

mzlady26 09-29-2009 10:47 PM

Hmmmmm.......Cell Junkie

Metalmayhem 09-30-2009 12:04 AM

"Cellphone Guru Mobile Services"

http://images.art.com/images/product...0/12351609.jpg

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/1012/...2_by_Sitic.jpg

tlpalmer01 09-30-2009 07:02 AM

where are u opening it......what about "dashs house of phones".....

CYBER WEESJE 09-30-2009 07:14 AM

he bro just whant to say good luck whit the shop cellphone factory owned by dash lol whil give it some more thinker

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ

ronaldsdv 09-30-2009 07:17 AM

Hey how about ....

"The Cellphone Brief Stop"
The one stop for your cell stuff

Just an idea ...

kaos 09-30-2009 09:44 AM

how about swc long version Simply Wireless communications.

wentzeric 09-30-2009 11:15 AM

"Cell Phone Junkie" is a great one.
or
"Cell Phone Expertt"
or
"Everything Cellularr"

iamdasht19 09-30-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 (Post 416703)
hahahah i hear ya i'm sure you'll have your lappy with ya..

hahahahha prolly will since i have everything i need on it but im sure over time i wont have to because the desktops will slowly get what i need and i have my external :smile: hahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos (Post 416773)
how about swc long version Simply Wireless communications.

i like that kaos :smile: going to have to write that one down

GokuSS3 09-30-2009 01:21 PM

LIke a lot of the idea here , I already gave all mine to Dash yesterday haha cant wait to see what people come up wit tho !!!!

VenumX 09-30-2009 01:39 PM

nice dashy, i like cellphone junkie like nine said... or like "Paramount Cellular" paramount as in like ultimate...haha orr "WE CELL PHONES" lol

iamdasht19 09-30-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VenumX (Post 416855)
nice dashy, i like cellphone junkie like nine said... or like "Paramount Cellular" paramount as in like ultimate...haha orr "WE CELL PHONES" lol

hey timmy work for me hahhaha come to michigan lmao

kaos 09-30-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 416856)
hey timmy work for me hahhaha come to michigan lmao

how about you come to ny and work with us. me and venum doing work son!!!

VenumX 09-30-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos (Post 416873)

agree with kaos, your cell phone shop will get plenty of business around here!!

hctr68 09-30-2009 07:09 PM

this is pretty plane but whatever i can throw in to help
"Cell Stop"
"Dash's Cell Stop"----"DCS"
try combining the ones u already have and see what u can come up with

Ketil 09-30-2009 08:17 PM

Extra Cellular Perception

PsyChoTk 09-30-2009 08:24 PM

Not that this will make sence to others, but my post from a few weeks ago about everything dash touchs turns to gold, so:

"Water Walker Wireless"

iamdasht19 09-30-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VenumX (Post 416881)
agree with kaos, your cell phone shop will get plenty of business around here!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos (Post 416873)

i would but i woudlnt have the cash to open a shop down there sicne the cost of living is so high otherwise i would be there on a heart beat

kaos 10-01-2009 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 416936)
i would but i woudlnt have the cash to open a shop down there sicne the cost of living is so high otherwise i would be there on a heart beat

lol you can crash on my couch till its open. In return i would only want free upgrades to the latest and greatest phones. lool

y0himba 10-01-2009 08:09 AM

My vote is for keeping it simple. "Dash Mobile". Has that on-the-go feel to it, quick. All the yuppies will like it, just feels right.

benmiller 10-01-2009 10:18 AM

hmmIm not sure about a name but I think you should carry a product that we sell here in Iowa, we have this little outfit called Iowa Wireless they are a T-Mobile affiliate there plans are gay really gay but get this they offer a Unlimited data Internet only plan that you use with them little USB aircards. I dont think I have seen anythign cheaper than that for any other carriers though the only problem I could think of would be how would you get them set up and make payments unless you know someone here that is willing to set up the acounts and then send you the required stuff.

Oh and on a side note can I please work for you PLEASEEEE I just wanna sell phones.......

brooklyn 10-01-2009 10:56 AM

Im not good at making names but for some reason i though of DASH-TEC ... So when you open i have a request can you please sell some damn TP2 phone cases and screen protectors hahha... so we can buy from some one we can trust . but gud luck dash i hope it goes well for you .. im a year and a half away from openin a restaurant ... i can imagine how gud of a feelin it is to have yur own business

make-ya-kri 10-01-2009 01:09 PM

Congradulations!

iamdasht19 10-01-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos (Post 417025)
lol you can crash on my couch till its open. In return i would only want free upgrades to the latest and greatest phones. lool

hhahahaha i would get the couch very tempting but the whole venum thing might be awkward if we are living together

slumdog1 10-01-2009 11:51 PM

SPJ Dash Wireless

only1penny 10-02-2009 05:53 AM

one thing u should do is offer anything that all the other corner cell phone shops don't. i was looking for a sedio case and went into about 7 different shops. none of them had it and they all had the same stuff. same generic this, same generic that. try to figure out what people want that no one else has. like mods, for example, no one will do that in a store( i'm not sure about contracts with cell companies and offering unlocks and such). but try to be the store that the other stores send people to. "no we don't carry that, try exciting cell down the street. they do everything there." i think that will be a winner for ya!

crazaytalent 10-02-2009 11:08 AM

Hey Dash... I think it's awesome, you opening your own shop... playing to your stregnths... thats awesome bro...

well dont have to many ideas for a name... besides something like SPCC (smartphone cell center or something)... but personally... it htink itll be awesome... if you did something, like a high end cell shop... carrying the latest and great in smartphones and such from all the different carriers... for resonable prices... then maybe in the shop, you can offer, specialized, modding, & themeing services on the side (something that will be all profit for you because you can cut out the carriers and such and offer those services on the side) then as word of mouth spreads, for certain select and returning customer you develop comrodery with you can also offer, additional program add on and what not... and use the store as a place to realy help promote spj... for people who buy the phones,... but may not want to buy like the modding or themeing package...or even for those that do, you can give out like spj buissness cards along w/ your cell shop buisness cards... so when they get home... with there cool new toy, theyll be all about longgin on to spj to learn more and such....

I dunno just a few random ideas off the top, but i think a place like that, would get a lot of return buissness beccause... people will always want to come to you to get new tech and accessories... and if you can incorporate a repair section or something... people will always come back to you for more buissness just because itll be a cool ass space, they know u know what your doing, and itll be a great way to work around having to deal w/ like the corporate CS or going to corporate store that give u the non stop run around.

That ish would be hott!!

iamdasht19 10-02-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by only1penny (Post 417304)
one thing u should do is offer anything that all the other corner cell phone shops don't. i was looking for a sedio case and went into about 7 different shops. none of them had it and they all had the same stuff. same generic this, same generic that. try to figure out what people want that no one else has. like mods, for example, no one will do that in a store( i'm not sure about contracts with cell companies and offering unlocks and such). but try to be the store that the other stores send people to. "no we don't carry that, try exciting cell down the street. they do everything there." i think that will be a winner for ya!

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazaytalent (Post 417337)
Hey Dash... I think it's awesome, you opening your own shop... playing to your stregnths... thats awesome bro...

well dont have to many ideas for a name... besides something like SPCC (smartphone cell center or something)... but personally... it htink itll be awesome... if you did something, like a high end cell shop... carrying the latest and great in smartphones and such from all the different carriers... for resonable prices... then maybe in the shop, you can offer, specialized, modding, & themeing services on the side (something that will be all profit for you because you can cut out the carriers and such and offer those services on the side) then as word of mouth spreads, for certain select and returning customer you develop comrodery with you can also offer, additional program add on and what not... and use the store as a place to realy help promote spj... for people who buy the phones,... but may not want to buy like the modding or themeing package...or even for those that do, you can give out like spj buissness cards along w/ your cell shop buisness cards... so when they get home... with there cool new toy, theyll be all about longgin on to spj to learn more and such....

I dunno just a few random ideas off the top, but i think a place like that, would get a lot of return buissness beccause... people will always want to come to you to get new tech and accessories... and if you can incorporate a repair section or something... people will always come back to you for more buissness just because itll be a cool ass space, they know u know what your doing, and itll be a great way to work around having to deal w/ like the corporate CS or going to corporate store that give u the non stop run around.

That ish would be hott!!

hahaha thanks guys now this is what im talking about..... everyone was focusing on te name which isnt that big of a deal until the rest is ironed out... i had these on my lists already i will tell you that and glad to see that others are thinking the same way which makes me feel more comfortable about the thoughts being something that many would like to see.... keep em coming guys, nothing is too crazy if it can be done! :computer:

thanks again guys.

slumdog1 10-04-2009 01:38 AM

store name DashTech

iamdasht19 10-19-2009 08:00 PM

no other ideas? dont need names need out of the ordinary and cool concepts to bring the people in and have them leave happy.

mzlady26 10-19-2009 09:03 PM

Hey Dash PM me when you do open the shop and give me the address so when I come home I can check it out.

XESSIVEMINDS 10-19-2009 09:45 PM

XESSIVECELLS that SALE

--------- New Post Merged on 19/10/2009 at 10:50:09 --------

Cells that sales

iamdasht19 10-19-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzlady26 (Post 421673)
Hey Dash PM me when you do open the shop and give me the address so when I come home I can check it out.

hahaha aight for sure i will do that... ill let everyone know what the address is so if they are in the area they can see the dash live and in color hahaha

mzlady26 10-19-2009 10:10 PM

Re DASHT To Open Cell Shop

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 421689)
hahaha aight for sure i will do that... ill let everyone know what the address is so if they are in the area they can see the dash live and in color hahaha

Sweet deal man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

parna1973 10-19-2009 10:58 PM

JUst an idea Dash...first of all congrats on the new project...this just came to mind how about Wireless Communication Depot....just my thought good luck again..