Good Times Old Times Archived Community

Good Times Old Times Archived Community (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/index.php)
-   Random Community Topics (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/forumdisplay.php?f=465)
-   -   This makes me sick (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=187838)

ICEM/\N 06-24-2009 12:41 PM

This makes me sick

How dare Apple charge full retail for these devices at $599 and $699...I mean even with research and developments costs they could have helped society out with a better price tag...that is a big cost difference....they are not making a profit...they are raping people's pockets....look at this

http://www.benm.at/wp-content/upload...phone-3g-s.jpg

puertoblack2003 06-24-2009 12:50 PM

Re: This makes me sick

that is common from most company's just like M.S they have to charge for what the cost that went into the development.In time it will go down.That's when i take advantage...lol

jdep1 06-24-2009 12:51 PM

Yea what a bummer! one of my friend is an iphone addict and even he was suprise about the price that even he decided no to buy it..

iamdasht19 06-24-2009 01:37 PM

thats a crazy amount of cash that they will be making off of each device and i dont think that wm makes that much of a profit from the last that i have seen.....

ronaldsdv 06-24-2009 02:26 PM

WOW what a steal .... such A.. Holes those guys ...

TheSignor 06-24-2009 09:29 PM

Apple makes it so hard to get behind them. Between outrages prices and locking down their stuff to the point that it actually makes their product less appealing is just 2 sticking points that have always kept me from getting a taste for their products.

iamdasht19 06-24-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSignor (Post 383543)
Apple makes it so hard to get behind them. Between outrages prices and locking down their stuff to the point that it actually makes their product less appealing is just 2 sticking points that have always kept me from getting a taste for their products.

i have to agree but windows locks down a lot of things also like gps and all..... its not apple thats locking the stuff down it is the provider just as verizon locks the gps to just verizon navigation on their devices...... i feel it is more att than apple........ wm also locks down their devices from custom roms and we unlcok to get it like iphone is jailbroke to get it. just my outlook on the matter :connie_mykilroy:

TheSignor 06-24-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 383544)
i have to agree but windows locks down a lot of things also like gps and all..... its not apple thats locking the stuff down it is the provider just as verizon locks the gps to just verizon navigation on their devices...... i feel it is more att than apple........ wm also locks down their devices from custom roms and we unlcok to get it like iphone is jailbroke to get it. just my outlook on the matter :connie_mykilroy:

Yes you're right. It is more the provider. Case in point ATT taking away the use of Slingplayer mobile over their network. I would have flipped out over that. I guess my point about Apple was that IMO they go to great lengths to stop people from getting into their products whiile Microsoft of course doesn't like it but they aren't willing to cut their nose off to spite their face.
Apple's threat of keeping the Pre from syncing with Itunes all the while knowing that it will hurt some of their very loyal Itunes users and customers is in this vain.

iamdasht19 06-24-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSignor (Post 383554)
Yes you're right. It is more the provider. Case in point ATT taking away the use of Slingplayer mobile over their network. I would have flipped out over that. I guess my point about Apple was that IMO they go to great lengths to stop people from getting into their products whiile Microsoft of course doesn't like it but they aren't willing to cut their nose off to spite their face.
Apple's threat of keeping the Pre from syncing with Itunes all the while knowing that it will hurt some of their very loyal Itunes users and customers is in this vain.

right but as palm said they will be playing cat and mouse on the issue since when apple changes and patches itunes palm will come right back and make it work again by making changes.

fanaticny 06-24-2009 10:23 PM

I'm not defending apple or microsoft but, that's not really all the money they spend on making 1 phone, where are the ad's expenses, promotions, employee expenses?, im pretty sure they still make a ton of money but that picture is kinda showing just part of the expenses but not everything, and things like that is what i don't like. Anybody complains about HTC pricing they're phones at $700?, nope lol

TheSignor 06-24-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 383557)
right but as palm said they will be playing cat and mouse on the issue since when apple changes and patches itunes palm will come right back and make it work again by making changes.

Yeah that is whats going to happen, but I just don't see why Apple just doesn't make a snide statement like "We are honored that Palm has decided to emulate our Ipods so that it can use OUR software. Since Palm is so very attracted by our software and products, perhaps they should consider advising their customers to buy real Ipods and Iphones to go with our Itunes software."
Ya know what I mean, that corporate slam talk instead of this ultra defensive posturing that will end up probably causing more Ipod users to experience syncing errors than Pre users. For a company like Apple who truly prides itself in being the "coolest" tech company, they sure do come off like a spaz in these scenarios.
I don't even use Itunes, I personally can't stand the software, but then again I really can't stand anyone's music syncing software. None of them do playlists right except for WMP as far as I'm concerned.

BiG JeW 06-25-2009 01:09 AM

:06: the iPhone... and the horse it rode in on!

iamdasht19 06-25-2009 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSignor (Post 383568)
Yeah that is whats going to happen, but I just don't see why Apple just doesn't make a snide statement like "We are honored that Palm has decided to emulate our Ipods so that it can use OUR software. Since Palm is so very attracted by our software and products, perhaps they should consider advising their customers to buy real Ipods and Iphones to go with our Itunes software."
Ya know what I mean, that corporate slam talk instead of this ultra defensive posturing that will end up probably causing more Ipod users to experience syncing errors than Pre users. For a company like Apple who truly prides itself in being the "coolest" tech company, they sure do come off like a spaz in these scenarios.
I don't even use Itunes, I personally can't stand the software, but then again I really can't stand anyone's music syncing software. None of them do playlists right except for WMP as far as I'm concerned.

hahahha word i hear you i dont have itunes either since it always messed things up too :) i like the basic wmp and the playlists and it never errors out or gives me troubles syncing with certain devices or anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13iG Je\/\/ (Post 383616)
:06: the iPhone... and the horse it rode in on!

hahahah thanks for the laugh of the day :)