Good Times Old Times Archived Community

Good Times Old Times Archived Community (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/index.php)
-   Random Community Topics (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/forumdisplay.php?f=465)
-   -   SD Card Problems (https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=144869)

iamdasht19 12-30-2007 08:36 AM

SD Card Problems

alright decided to type this out before i go to bed for a couple hours. but all of a sudden my 2gb sd card real thing by the way decided to stop working. it wouldnt read in my touch and other ones would. the computer wouldnt even read it. is there any ideas on how to get this to work again since i have never had these problems beofore... jsut curious no big deal or anything since i have a backup 2 gig just curious..... hit me up with some ideas if you guyz have any.

puertoblack2003 12-30-2007 08:47 AM

Re: SD Card Problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 187262)
alright decided to type this out before i go to bed for a couple hours. but all of a sudden my 2gb sd card real thing by the way decided to stop working. it wouldnt read in my touch and other ones would. the computer wouldnt even read it. is there any ideas on how to get this to work again since i have never had these problems beofore... jsut curious no big deal or anything since i have a backup 2 gig just curious..... hit me up with some ideas if you guyz have any.

lol..this remind me of iden when the guys had problem running the carrier program and it won't read the phone..try the usb driver to make sure its there when you connect.but then you said that your phone won't read it! just some idea's bro take it out to a soft reset reboot and out the card back in...let me know how you made out.

kaos 12-30-2007 09:31 AM

if you have the adapter for it to fit in your pc.You could always go under devices then find it .then force a reformat.

Tigerz 12-30-2007 01:40 PM

i was gunna say do a refomat, but keep inmond the thing are fradgile so make sureu didnt damage it, mine last through water damager which was a shocker lolz

iamdasht19 12-30-2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 (Post 187263)
lol..this remind me of iden when the guys had problem running the carrier program and it won't read the phone..try the usb driver to make sure its there when you connect.but then you said that your phone won't read it! just some idea's bro take it out to a soft reset reboot and out the card back in...let me know how you made out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos (Post 187267)
if you have the adapter for it to fit in your pc.You could always go under devices then find it .then force a reformat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerz (Post 187300)
i was gunna say do a refomat, but keep inmond the thing are fradgile so make sureu didnt damage it, mine last through water damager which was a shocker lolz

tried that like 10 times pb lol.... reads the other 2gb fine.

have the adapter but the computer wont even recognize it to be able to reformat the card.

lol yeah it was working fine than all of a sudden it popped out a lil and didnt notice right away so i have a feeling that it is fried. ill just put it in the package that i got from when i got my card for christmas and exchange it for a new one lol.

Tigerz 12-30-2007 03:17 PM

nice

Mandingo 12-30-2007 03:25 PM

Sounds like you poped that thing out without safely removing it.... that's the only reason i could think of why that happen. there's no recovery as far as i know.

Tigerz 12-30-2007 03:28 PM

i like the new sig mandingo alot bttr thx

iamdasht19 12-30-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandingo (Post 187351)
Sounds like you poped that thing out without safely removing it.... that's the only reason i could think of why that happen. there's no recovery as far as i know.

right but than why wouldnt it be reading the card at all on the phone or through the computer when i use the adapter.

Tigerz 12-30-2007 03:39 PM

casue its probaly fried lol like you said

sl8dogg 04-17-2008 04:13 PM

Dash,

I know this thread is old, but I found this when searching for my problem. Identical to yours. The real deal San Disk 2gb card, all of a sudden my Touch won't recognize it as even being in teh phone like what happened to you. My stand alone card reader can read it on my pc, so it doesn't seem to be the card. My touch still does read other cards though fine, and this happened out of the blue. I've tried all the obvious fixes and trouble shooting things...

Did you ever find a remedy? I know, you took it back to the store right? lol....

iamdasht19 04-17-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sl8dogg (Post 222938)
Dash,

I know this thread is old, but I found this when searching for my problem. Identical to yours. The real deal San Disk 2gb card, all of a sudden my Touch won't recognize it as even being in teh phone like what happened to you. My stand alone card reader can read it on my pc, so it doesn't seem to be the card. My touch still does read other cards though fine, and this happened out of the blue. I've tried all the obvious fixes and trouble shooting things...

Did you ever find a remedy? I know, you took it back to the store right? lol....

naw i just brought back to the store...... its the missing drivers on the touch that can casue this every once in a while.

sl8dogg 04-17-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 222942)
naw i just brought back to the store...... its the missing drivers on the touch that can casue this every once in a while.

Right on. I'm gonna try it in my GF's Wing later on to see if it will read it. Weird it worked fine for so long and then crapped..... Don't really care about the data, just the $ for the card...... Oh Well, I needed a bigger one anyways.....

iamdasht19 04-17-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sl8dogg (Post 222946)
Right on. I'm gonna try it in my GF's Wing later on to see if it will read it. Weird it worked fine for so long and then crapped..... Don't really care about the data, just the $ for the card...... Oh Well, I needed a bigger one anyways.....

same happened with mine had it for like a year than just crapped but read on the computer at the end.

sl8dogg 04-18-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 222965)
same happened with mine had it for like a year than just crapped but read on the computer at the end.

Forced a re-format through my card reader on my PC, and Voila! It worked. Touch now recognizes it again. For future reference!!!!! Thx.....

lilkrazzie 05-12-2008 12:31 AM

Since we are on the topic of sd cards. Is there a way to reformat the card while its in the phone because I don't have a card reader. Thanks.

iamdasht19 05-12-2008 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilkrazzie (Post 234386)
Since we are on the topic of sd cards. Is there a way to reformat the card while its in the phone because I don't have a card reader. Thanks.

ummmmmm not sure i dont think that there is you can get a usb card adapter from best buy for like 10 bucks they are really cheap and work great... or you could even get one of ebay....... make sure you get SD though dont get an off brand.