ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Replacement Touch Pros with Yellowish screens

So the Sprint lady called me today and told me that there was nothing she could do but that she had researched the issue and said that Sprint is now aware of the issue and claims that almost all the phones will have this issue because HTC was experimenting on making the phones screens even better and that the result produced a side effect with models having yellowish tinted screens.....well she said that now when a customer calls about issue they can send 1 replacement and if the customer has same issue they have to refer customers directly to HTC...so she gave me their numbers and this below is what I found out and emailed back to her my findings while talking to a HTC technical associate....

“ Quote ”

well just reporting back to you from HTC...the first number you the SPRINT GIRL gave me was closed on weekends but the second number off the website was open and I got on the phone with a technical support rep. from HTC and I explained to him my whole 2 replacement Touch Pros dilemma and the issues I have been having with the yellow screens on the last 2. Well when I was done he said he had not heard of this issue with the Sprint Touch Pros yet, but he is aware of it for the Sprint Touch Dimaonds, He explained that there was nothing he could do but refer me to another HTC number which was closed on the weekends which was the same number that I told him the Sprint Advanced Technical representative had given me. He told me to call tomorrow during their business hours on that number and they should be able to explain the issue better to me and further assist me with the matter. He had no idea of what they would be able to do for me though. I asked him, Touch Pros aside, since he know this was an issue with the Touch Diamond; then what was the resolution for the Diamonds. The HTC associate said that he, in fact, had a "printout," from his company stating that when they initially had the Touch Diamonds manufactured, that the company who produced the LCD screen for the Touch Diamond could not produce the quantity needed by HTC within their needed deadlines so HTC sought to have these LCD screens produced by different vendors and some of those LCD screens had yellowish screens and this was a problem that HTC is aware of..so according to what the HTC associate had to say about the Diamond I can only assume that HTC has done the same thing with the Touch Pro. So I will call that number either tomorrow or Tuesday morning and see what they can do or I will see if they can disappoint me like I expect them to do.

I will let you guys now about progress within this thread...keep me and my phone in your prayers...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post: