Old 09-05-2009, 07:51 PM
bigchico68 bigchico68 is offline   Thread Starter  
bigchico68
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View bigchico68's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigchico68's Photo Album Add bigchico68's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC Hero Official Release Date (Sprint)

“ Originally Posted by spivey8 View Post

Update 9/3/09 8:30am CST: Sprint has officially announced the Hero will be released on October 11th for $179 with a $100 mail-in rebate and a two-year Simply Everything plan (sorry SERO users). Source: CNET

Code

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10338820-1.html

this is what was on the ppcgeeks site.

--------- New Post Merged on 5/9/2009 at 1008 --------

HTC Hero requires activation on a pricing plan offering unlimited data. Sprint’s Simply EverythingSM plan provides unlimited nationwide calling, texting, e-mail, social networking, Web browsing, GPS navigation, Sprint TV, streaming music, NFL Mobile Live, NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile and much more for only $99.99 per month. That’s a savings of $1,200 over two years vs. a comparable AT&T iPhone® plan2. Sprint Everything Data plans with unlimited messaging and data start at just $69.99 for 450 minutes with unlimited night and weekend calling starting at 7 p.m. (All price plans exclude Sprint surcharges and taxes.)
All that says is that it requires a data plan. Then goes on to promote their simply everything plan. I poste pics of the MIR forms and if you look it it under the same section as the TP 2 and TP, etc... (smartphone section) and the instinct, pre, instinct hd are all under a section that say (these devices require specific plans with data) Hero is not under that section.

--------- New Post Merged on 5/9/2009 at 0800 --------

“ Originally Posted by benmiller View Post

see what I think is that its actually 279 with a 100 mail in rebate making it 179.00 but heck if im wrong then im a whole lot happier right now. The wording is just to generic to be sure in my opinion.
That is right, it will be $299 with a $100 MIR.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post: