View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Microsoft starts to take Windows Mobile seriously

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

I think if Msoft actually put some advertising money behind WinMo & used some marketing strategy, they'd do much better than they're doing, now. Seeing how Google is teaming up to push Droid, it makes me wonder why Msoft has never done anything like that in the past... plus, why the heck is it that every carrier's version of a WinMo phone gets its own name? It makes it difficult to market the phones that way. This is one of the reasons General Motors is paring down the number of brands they have. It was simply too difficult and expensive to advertise for five varieties of the same friggin' product. No matter how good your Saturn Astra is, if no one has ever heard of it, it won't sell. So... next time you're out & about, ask a stranger if they know what a Touch Pro is. Better yet, ask if they know the differences between a Touch Pro & a Tilt.

If Msoft were to really take something out of Apple's playbook, it should be brand management. At that, Msoft truly sucks.

very well stated there friend, they really do need to pick up in that aspect for sure.... wm beast out the powerhouse in palm and no one would have ever thought they would do that... than they got comfortable since no one was touching the smartphone game and than came along what we have now if they didnt get comfortable and evolve at a slow pace rather than a swift one they would have been able to advertise and promote... now they have fixing to do and they are going to have to WIN over the wm fans again to get them to come back or stay so i think they will advertise more once they get the name image cleaned up which they have been doing pretty well lately.