View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: whys it still alive

“ Originally Posted by nadcicle View Post

LAST night!!

I was waiting on a phone call from a potential buyer for my iphone and was sitting here at the computer. I look over as the light turned on and started to vibrate. Little did I know I forgot I had a cup of Dr pepper cherry about 2 feet away on the ground....

The little shit aka "touch pro" decided to vibrate its happy ass right off the desk and drop 2 feet into the cup of dr pepper cherry while the phones still ringing I can hear it gargling under dr pepper lol. My custom ringer is off of charlie the unicorn 3 where the unicorns are saying " ring ring,... hello? ,,, ring ring ... Hello!!!!"

Anyways after not being able to make or receive phone calls I dash back to the computer to hop on sprint and hurry and change my touch pro to my old samsung a920 just to get locked out for putting in the wrong password like 20 times .. I was angry at this point, but i wasn't giving up making 300 for the iphone. While I HAD to wait im sitting there drying the phone off the best I can. Boy oh boy when it gets liquid inside it likes to stay in there. Everytime I opened and closed the keyboard more liquid kept coming out.

So after 20 minutes of waiting I finally get my phone switched out to the a920 and get the phone call I was hoping for. I took the battery out of my touch pro and opened the keyboard and left it on top of my antec 900 computer case's giant fan in the back. I went and sold the iphone then come back home to a NOW working touch pro .. just gotta let it dry off is all i guess lol.
thats what usually happens and leave it air drying like that for at least 18 hours.... you are going to get corrosion starting so most likely you wont ever be able to go to sprint for repairs sicne they will notice the water damage... but hell use it as long as you can and than make the claim as lost or stolen and you will now have parts as well. the best part about stories like that is no matter how many times that you may actually try to do that again it will never go in the damn glass or even close haha. and i remember the vibrate feature on the touch pros, the thing would go crazy and wake you up if laid on a hard surface