View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ActionPlyr's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ActionPlyr's Photo Album Add ActionPlyr's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

So I went into Sprint today to try and see if I can get my Touch Pro replaced with the Touch Pro 2. I turned my phone into Sprint and said that sometimes the battery wont charge when plugged in, when it DOES charge it overheats, sometimes I can't answer calls when I have an application running (like GPS), and I have to always wait for the words that I type on screen to catch up and finish typing so that I can finally press send. All of these things are true. The technician looked at it and after 45 minutes he told me point blank that this phone is a piece of junk. He said that it's one of the worst phones that Sprint has ever released and I have a few options at this point. He told me that I could either A) Send away for another Touch Pro, or B) Replace my Touch Pro with either a Palm Pre, HTC Snap, or the Blackberry Curve. I didn't want to do either option because I wanted a full slide out keyboard with Windows Mobile and I didn't want to send away for another piece of junk Touch Pro.

I asked the Technician if I could trade it in for a Touch Pro 2 and he told me that there aren't any Touch Pro 2's in the warehouse and that he couldn't do that for me. I said well what if they come in, can I just come in and swap it out? He said he couldn't answer that question because he wasn't allowed.

I walked out of the store with my same crappy Touch Pro and I just figured I'd wait to ask you guys what I should do from this point on. I later learned that in trying to fix my phone, they broke the Vibrate on my phone as well as the Soft Reset button doesn't work anymore. WHAT DO I DO?! Should I call Sprint Customer Service and tell them about how they messed my phone up and see what they can do? I just can't believe they broke my phone even MORE than it already was.

On the bright side, I was THIS | | close to getting a Touch Pro 2.