View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

“ Originally Posted by ActionPlyr View Post

So I went into Sprint today to try and see if I can get my Touch Pro replaced with the Touch Pro 2. I turned my phone into Sprint and said that sometimes the battery wont charge when plugged in, when it DOES charge it overheats, sometimes I can't answer calls when I have an application running (like GPS), and I have to always wait for the words that I type on screen to catch up and finish typing so that I can finally press send. All of these things are true. The technician looked at it and after 45 minutes he told me point blank that this phone is a piece of junk. He said that it's one of the worst phones that Sprint has ever released and I have a few options at this point. He told me that I could either A) Send away for another Touch Pro, or B) Replace my Touch Pro with either a Palm Pre, HTC Snap, or the Blackberry Curve. I didn't want to do either option because I wanted a full slide out keyboard with Windows Mobile and I didn't want to send away for another piece of junk Touch Pro.

I asked the Technician if I could trade it in for a Touch Pro 2 and he told me that there aren't any Touch Pro 2's in the warehouse and that he couldn't do that for me. I said well what if they come in, can I just come in and swap it out? He said he couldn't answer that question because he wasn't allowed.

I walked out of the store with my same crappy Touch Pro and I just figured I'd wait to ask you guys what I should do from this point on. I later learned that in trying to fix my phone, they broke the Vibrate on my phone as well as the Soft Reset button doesn't work anymore. WHAT DO I DO?! Should I call Sprint Customer Service and tell them about how they messed my phone up and see what they can do? I just can't believe they broke my phone even MORE than it already was.

On the bright side, I was THIS | | close to getting a Touch Pro 2.
if they broke additional stuff walk back into the store and have them look the ticket up and show them this wasnt mentioned on the ticket as what was wrong and now broke.. all should be documented and at that point you should have some leveridge over them for breaking your device further instead of repairing. and go today if that dude is still there and call him out on it... he may do whatever it takes to save his ass.