Old 06-25-2009, 06:18 PM
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: need advice thank you

Regardless of whether or not it is lost or stolen, if you "find" it later, you won't be able to use it. When you file the claim with Asurion, you will be told that if it does resurface later, you will have to send it in. If you don't, you won't be able to use it since it's in the system as stolen. And Asurion will be alerted to the fact that someone tried to activate it. Been there, done that. However, if a significant amount of time (months, not days) passes and then you "find" it, you might get away with it if you have a local store that knows you. Had a similar issue with daughter's phone. When we reported it, we had no idea of where it was. After receiving the replacement, a couple of months passed, and she found it in her room. A few months later, I needed a backup and tried to use it, they said I couldn't, explained to them at the store that it was me that reported it, and they said yeah, and they were able to remove the block and let me use it. Not saying this will work for you, but it might. Bear in mind that it will take some time to do though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post: