View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 04:01 PM
DenverDev DenverDev is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: XV-6800 (Flashed)
Mobile Carrier: Cricket
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Basic Guide for Flashing Mogul to Cricket

Ok....here it is........THIS IS FOR THE XV680/MOGUL ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Neither I, nor SPJ, takes responsibility if you brick your device. So far I have flashed this and have no problems, but things do go wrong!

I have to give credit over to the guys at PPCKitchen (no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill- bepe - tadzio - mamaich) and to JustPCTech.....without their incredible work, I never could have created this....Also thanks to all the people who worked with the MMS/WAP (RyanMogul over at xda in particular)...

It is not fancy, and is WM 6.1 based (base 21042)....Pretty simple ROM...Nothing overly fancy at this point (especially since I prefer simple ROMs and then customizing them myself)...

D/\SH---If your friend's already have a fully flashed ppc6800 with OTA then they should be fine with this....if they have an xv-6800 with functioning GPS they should be fine after unlocking.....if they have a Mogul that is still on Sprint, it is a bit more complicated to reset the MSL/SPC to 000000 (for ota programming) and ideally they should already have a Cricket account....call to switch the ESN...ota update and VOILA it should be good!

The one little glitch i have found is that when exiting Settings->Today->Themes or Items that it will open the dial pad....beats me why, but it does....may try a different build...

here's the link......New and improved versions will come as people let me know what is going on....call this a Beta i guess...

Code

http://www.4shared.com/file/114329889/c5319d8e/Cricket_Mogul_xv6800_CDMA_ROM.html
--------- New Post Merged on 26/6/2009 at 0555 --------

Addition: This link in post 13 will also provide the epst settings that should optimize for cricket.......follow all the instructions......if you are *not* already a cricket customer, become one first or the *228 will not do anything for you....

--------- New Post Merged on 26/6/2009 at 0525 --------

ALSO: there are two PRL codes...if you are not already on Cricket with your current ROM....covered in the thread from xda....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post: