View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Mobile Model: treo 700p

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View mdd770's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mdd770's Photo Album Add mdd770's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: GPS Enabled Sprint Touch

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

wow if you did a quick search you would have found the answer to one of your questions at least. so please do that in the future. Thanks.

1. the REV A upgrade which enables the GPS and the faster speeds for uploading and downloading on the net will be released Early Q1 2008 which for Sprint is either janurary or feburary... thats all the info we have sometime in those months.

2. to flash the rom you will download an exe file to your computer. than all you have to do is just hook your phone up with the usb to activesync for XP users or Windows Mobile Device Center for you Vista users. once connected double click the exe icon on your desktop and follow the steps. really noob friendly just folllow the steps and you are done.

3. and sprint wont give you the real date and dotn know nothing about these phoens besides the little that they are told. for example they are told what the website sasy about the rom upgrade and that is the early Q1 update and thats all they know some dont even know what the REV A updates so i wouldnt recommend sprint rvrn if you were to call and talk to them since all they would do is give you bullshit answers to make you happy and to get off the phone with them.

4. hope this helps you some on the understanding and if not feel free to ask the question in this thread if it pertains to this topic. Thanks

Ok didnt know it was elsewhere on the board.
It looks like you guys run your board more strictly than my work one which is almost identical. Understandable that you dont want to answer the same things all the time.
But a few more on-topic questions now that you have said a few things..
1. how does one know when REV A is out and avail? Your site of course, but how else?
2. where do you get the exe file from/ where is it located?
3. does the file come from sprint, or someone else?
4. i assume active sync or mobile device center comes with windows or the phone right?
sorry, I have never used it.
5. will the gps be an install application program, or where will you find the gps screen?
looking forward to faster download speeds and getting the touch phone and modifying it, especially the keyboard for texting! you guys are amazing and I really have enjoyed seeing the videos. keep up the good work. you all need to go to work for the cell companies to make phones that do what we want, that work better and make sense!
Thanks in advance.