Old 11-15-2007, 11:00 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: GPS Enabled Sprint Touch

Yes, to the best of my knowledge upon the upgrade to Rev A, not only will the data be able to transfer fast enough to get a approximation of your position, but your data speeds should significantly increase! What is Rev A? Currently Sprints EVDO network is running at what is referred to as Rev 0, which is sprints fastest internet speeds to date. Upon the upgrade to Rev A, download speeds will increase 25%, but the key here is that the upload speeds increase a whopping 800% over current, thus allowing faster uploading of information creating more opportunity for a GPS feature. This is all great, but I still recommend using a bluetooth GPS receiver which you can find now on ebay, moderately priced (I see one for $35 USD right now). Bluetooth GPS receivers are cool because they use satellites, so you lose coverage...you still have your GPS coverage. These receivers can be used in conjunction with many different free applications for turn by turn directions as well, I know for sure Google Maps and Windows Live work with these set up as a com port. Maybe I will make a tutorial on how to set up a bluetooth gps receiver as a com port and use it for turn by turn directions in Google Maps.