View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Mobile Model: Palm Pre
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View TheSignor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TheSignor's Photo Album Add TheSignor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: This makes me sick

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

i have to agree but windows locks down a lot of things also like gps and all..... its not apple thats locking the stuff down it is the provider just as verizon locks the gps to just verizon navigation on their devices...... i feel it is more att than apple........ wm also locks down their devices from custom roms and we unlcok to get it like iphone is jailbroke to get it. just my outlook on the matter
Yes you're right. It is more the provider. Case in point ATT taking away the use of Slingplayer mobile over their network. I would have flipped out over that. I guess my point about Apple was that IMO they go to great lengths to stop people from getting into their products whiile Microsoft of course doesn't like it but they aren't willing to cut their nose off to spite their face.
Apple's threat of keeping the Pre from syncing with Itunes all the while knowing that it will hurt some of their very loyal Itunes users and customers is in this vain.