Thread: [NEWS] Verizon: Pay Up Or Die
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Mobile Model: XV-6800 (Flashed)
Mobile Carrier: Cricket
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Verizon: Pay Up Or Die

“ Quote ”

and my question is how did they know he was through verizon?
it really isnt difficult to determine who the original provider was for a cellular phone. Number portability has made it more difficult, but I can usually look at a cell phone number and tell who the provider mostly like is or at least who the provider was when the number was assigned (If it was assigned in the general Denver/Metro area....I dont see nearly the same number of phone numbers from Ft. Collins or Greely or Colorado Springs etc)...

For instance, if i see a 303-909-xxxx or 303-912-xxxx (which are the prefixes that immediately come to mind) I know that VZW was the original carrier who issued the number. Not too difficult when you read alot of phone numbers and who they have as a carrier...After that, a quick phone call to determine if it is still a valid number with that carrier or who they ported it to....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post: