View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 06:31 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View enigmatic's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View enigmatic's Photo Album Add enigmatic's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint Touch Pro Release

weeeeel....
I've got a brand new touch with a 30 day return window from Sprint. Now here's what I'd like some comments on. Issues with 'touch' are as follows. Battery life, yes I can put a new ROM in it but only if I am gonna keep it cuz I am pretty sure Sprint won't like taking back a modified phone. Battery life is less of an issue if I disable BT but what's with that, I like BT and don't especially like having to fiddle with this since I am used to putting a fricking phone in my pocket and doing my thing which includes driving my car and in that wonderful beastie I NEED BT. I have little fingers but they aren't little enough to use the touch screen with great accuracy so I have to use the stylus which I'm also not so keen on. 4 G internal memory no expansion.

Touch Pro has a slide out QWERTY kb, finger issue resolved! Memory expandable to 16 G. Battery issues the same (from what I have read on this site) but if I like it I can mod the ROM and resolve that one.

So do I get a Touch Pro, (free exchange plus nominal price difference) or just live with the Touch and upgrade the ROM and live with the stylus? How much bigger, heavier is the Pro and would I care?

Advice welcome, especially which ROM to use (Dash's uber mod) plus install NAV and TV cabs which I haven't figured out how to do since it's not been something I could do if I were to exchange the Touch.

You guys are great, at my Sprint store they don't have a soul there who knows dick about Touch or Pro. Talk about clueless. If I didn't find you guys I would have already given them back their phone with explicit instructions about what to do with it. I mean, having kewl technology is one thing, knowing how to harness it is quite another matter. Sprint should be paying you folks huge buck-a-dingdongs for the public service you provide.

--------- New Post Merged on 26/10/2008 at 0849 --------

ack!
I should have been clearer. I currently have a HTC Diamond Touch, not a mere Touch, haha. As for Moguls, I ski on/over em, I never talk to them. I even used to do a lot of biz with them even. Talking into a Mogul...what's the world coming to?
The Following User Says Thank You to enigmatic For This Useful Post: