View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint Touch Pro Release

“ Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post

Thanks for the advice. With BT disabled my Diamond Touch won't make it anywhere close to 24 hours without a charge, maybe 8 hours!!! The phone gets VERY hot when I am simply talking on it. Disabling BT, and most everything else isn't what I expect for $250 or $600 depending on how you look at things. Maybe this is the way it is with PDA's but it's not the way I expect a phone to work. Talk time and standby time are so out of touch (pun intended) with my real world experience I'm wondering if I have a lemon or someone is shoveling a ton of B.S.? I will exchange my little gem for a Pro version and see what happens. If I can't resolve the battery life I'm going back to a straight forward phone, not a PDA that won't hold any sort of reasonable charge. Yesterday, I talked for less than 1 hour total time. I checked weather maybe twice. I retrieved email messages (maybe a couple of dozen) and then got a message that my phone was at a critical battery level. AND.....when I was talking on it the last time it actually got uncomfortably warm (hot). I can't belive this is how the HTC Diamond Touch is supposed to work right out of the box but if it is, it's gonna be history!
thats why you have to do a search.... your talking about your diamond in a touch pro area... and no, not all are like that.... as said in many threads on battery life for the diamond that we have here use the juicy rom and that will fix all the problems..... for a tutorial on flashing look below this post in my signature.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post: