View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Mobile Model: Palm Pre
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View TheSignor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TheSignor's Photo Album Add TheSignor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Smart phones could make your ditch your car keys

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

the only thing that worries me is what happens if you iphones battery dies? or for heavens sake in this economy something happened to the iphone after this was made and they couldnt be used or upgraded anymore.... does that make the car useless?
uhhhh...........that's a good point.......haha. I guess sometimes when something cool like this comes upon us we don't see the forest for the trees. I think maybe it should really only be relied upon as a "backup" or at the very least still provide people with key fobs and real keys and such. Also limiting this kind of technology to a lone device is very silly to me to begin with.

Also, I have a bit of an issue with the car locating feature. The car blowing the horn loud enough for you to locate it is so not cool and anyone with a keyfob alarm system to do that trick. I would have preferred the App use a sort of radar that blipped on the screen and showed you where your car was so you could see yourself getting closer and closer to it. I can't believe they didn't think of something like that since the 3GS had that compass put in.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheSignor For This Useful Post: