View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch
Mobile Carrier: Bell

Thanked 1,491 Times in 532 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View raybond25's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View raybond25's Photo Album Add raybond25's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Pull text messages off daughters cell

“ Originally Posted by gadget945 View Post

Well, here's the issue with the "talking" - she's been in therapy, at the suggestion of the DA and the Detective involved in the other boyfriend case. She's been going for over a year now.

I don't necessarily blame the therapist, but the whole thing of trying to "talk" to her and giving her a little more freedom was based mostly on what the therapist suggested we do.

I'm really at a loss right now as to what to do. I've been thinking about it a lot, and part of me wants to lock her in a room til she's 18, and the other part wants me to just let her do what she wants. NOT.

Anyway, I'll go to Sprint in a week or so, and see if they can get me the texts. My local store knows me well, after the years of going to see them, and we shall see.

I thank everyone for their input. I really do. I guess I mainly posted this because of the wonderful community feeling here. Partially too, internet anonymity is a wonderful thing. Very freeing!

Hubby and I are going to decide on things tomorrow, for now, no phone and internet, and we shall see from there.
The "no phone and internet" thing...This isn't really directed at you more general, but taking stuff away like this really just makes most kids more bitter and less likely to listen to their parents than making them realize they've done something "wrong" so to speak. I'm a kid, I like to think I'm a pretty good kid to be honest, my parents have never had to ground me or anything like that (took me so long to find that smily) anyways, being around kids my age all the time I see that kids just tend to rebel even more when grounded and punished like that... I dunno, I'm pretty angelic (lol tooting my own horn) and this is just my third party impartial view on the whole issue. Sorry if I've offended you or anything...

I can't judge whether or not this applies in your case anyways *shrugs*
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to raybond25 For This Useful Post: