View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 06:20 AM
Mobile Model: several
Mobile Carrier: quakor
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Longfist's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Longfist's Photo Album Add Longfist's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Pull text messages off daughters cell

“ Originally Posted by gadget945 View Post

That's a lot of ground to cover. This isn't the first time she's gone and done something stupid like this. She's got a 24 year old who is in prison and won't get out for another 4 years. That's how she got started in therapy, CPS suggested it, and they are paying for it. Once a week for the last year. Marriage and family therapist with a specialty in teenagers in "jeopardy"

We hadn't had a "family" session before yesterday. Think things are working themselves out. Not sure yet, don't want to jinx it.

She doesn't have internet access. I'v taken away her cell. she's not in communication with anyone anymore. She's not going to her grandmother's anytime soon.

Being a teenager sucks. I know she's been through some other stuff, her biological father has gone MIA, gets a birthday card every other year, stuff like that. They say it's my fault he doesn't have access his kids. Order says he can come over whenever he wants, literally, whenever. Only catch is that he has to be sober when he shows up. Well, he hasn't seen them in over two years now. He lives like 45 minutes away on the other side of Houston. Can spend money on booze and dope, but can't stay sober long enough to come and see them.

So couple the teenager blues/angst with being literally abandoned by your father, so she's got some issues.

She's got a lot going for her too. All AP classes, active in JROTC, very intelligent kid. So I cut her some slack. Well, apparently I gave her too much. Not anymore.

The saying goes, you give trust away, but once it's lost, it takes forever to get it back.

Whew, that was a lot.
Yes i am starting to get a vision on the situation.
It looks verry familiar to what happend here with us.
Now i need to know a couple things....
What are her interesses?Do u think she wants to go the bad way?
Then i mean is she interested in drugs criminality,hangs alot with people who do this,Lies alot,has for everything a nice story or an excuse,no stabile caracter(then shes happy then sad)acts every day different,when others are around she changes attitude,did she stole things,did she run away from home couple times,do u think she would walk over bodys to get what she wants?

If the things i ask u copy to her caracter,i know what this means.
And yes there is therapy for this,but its hard,not only for her,but sometimes much harder for people who are close to this person like family.

If this comes with women,when groing older and having kids this syndrome takes off.depends on the person.
If therapy,then i mean hospitalisation,couple months.

With us the problem was she could go to her father(who also is in bad mental state)drinking etc.So we was in no position to give her the therapy she needed.now she lives with a dude who has also criminal record and will be convicted soon,for drugs extorsion steeling burglary and on and on.

as far we know shes taking drugs from her 13 (now 18) and lieing steeling hurting people(mentaly)trust me it was a verry hard situation.

Good thing in the situation was,i studied psychology,psychopatholgy etc.
So i could almost read her mind and i knew every step she was up to.

A persons caracter is being completed by age of 15,from on that moment its almost impossible to change the way a person thinks.

U dont have to blame urself in this situation,because like i think u did everything to make the best of this situation.Being good sometimes is bad.
I know being hard to a kid and gets traight lines in what she can and cant do is not easy.When limititing your kid or punishing it,its painfull.
But its also less tollerated thse days,some diccipline and boundrys,but also she needs to see love,so she realy knows what this is.

Maybe the case is not as i discibe,but i think it is.
Best thing is to stand mentaly above this and see in from another angle.
From what i readed in all your posts i know u are intelligent.
So u will work out this situation,and find the perfect solution.

I feel with u.
grtz
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Longfist For This Useful Post: