View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sometimes you just have to ask for help :(

“ Originally Posted by thermus View Post

So where to start.

I am not one to ask for help which is why I am in the situation I am in.

Lets start from the beginning. (2 years ago)

2 Years ago I move down from Washington to help my mom out. Was living life large. Bring home $800-$900 a week. Living in a 3 bedroom 2.5 bathroom 2 story house on a lake with my brother. LIFE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!! She was getting ready to go through a divorce (abusive drunk) so I knew she was going to need help. It was just her and my brother and she couldnt afford the house by herself. He moves out and everything is going well for the first 3 weeks. Then we get a call saying he had passed away from a brain anurism (had one a couple years back so it was just a matter of time).

FAST FORWARD (8 months)

Mom quit drinking and we are doing ok. I started my new job and had been therer for about 7 months. Not a ton of money but enough to get by.

Fast forward (7 months)

Mom is still not drinking which is amazing cause this is a person I seen growing up give up so much for alcohol. Then her ex, Steve, comes around. ANOTHER ABUSIVE ASSHOLE. Yeah my mom knows how to pick them.

Going kind of fast, he moves in, gets her drunk (he knows she is weak), takes over the house and either I go to jail or move. I move out and get an aprtment with a friend.

Apartment is awesome living good. Come home from work about 2 months ago and he is like, "Dude, i am going to be moving in like 2-3 months so you are going to have to find a roommate or something to help you." Sure no problem. 3 weeks later he is like dude. I am moving next weekend.

WHAT THE F(*#@$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am screwed. Browse my options. Nothing. No one trust worthy enough.
I am fighting with my mom verbally, fighting with her boyfriend physically. COPS getting involed and all this. What else could go wrong. I am like f*#( this and move my little brother in with me cause he doesn't need to be around that.

His dad (not my dad, half brother) is like yeah I can send you a couple hundred each month to help out with expenses. Going well for another month or so and BAM!!!!!!!!!!

He can't send me any more money. Now I barely have food (enough though), no money, bank acct is getting worse as I am having to borrow and slowly getting behind.

So all that to get to this. I dont ask for help but have no where to turn to that my junkies. I am not asking for alot but I asking if my graphics designing would be enough to maybe get some small donations to help me get by till I can figure out what I am doing.

I will make more sigs, myspace logos, backgrounds (pc and phone) ANYTHING REALLY!!!!!!! I just really could use some help. I am also asking if you know people online from gaming sites or anything to ask them if they need anything graphically either. I will make anything for anyone. I just need help. I hate asking for it but I have no other option to see if my services can make me a little cash.

If not, I fully understand as times are tight for everyone.

Maybe just a prayer or two will help.

*SIGH* Thanks for reading guys.

Love you all,

Thermus aka Devin (my real name)

wow thanks for sharing this with us and feeling comfortable with sharing on top of that..... i get paid tomorrow and will make a request for ya and will send ya some cash for your hard work...... you will be in my prayers hoping all goes well for you and that you will make it through these times.... i cant do too much since im a little behind with the hospital bills and all even though i have insurance..... not much jsut a couple hundred and gonna pay it back slowly since i dont want to take any cash from my account since they are in cds and have penalties if i withdrawl early.... but when i cash my check i will throw some into my paypal and get it out for you...... but yeah will make the request tomorrow and jsut be sure to add your paypal to your profile if you havent andi will gladly donate to you....... once again prayers are with you for these tough times and prayers are with your mother that she can overcome her addiction sicne i know they are hard and fighting the cigarette one sicne i cant smoke anymore.......
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked