View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View aj48198's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View aj48198's Photo Album Add aj48198's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: What the PSP Go needs to whack the DSi

IMO, the DSi (hell the DS in general) Marketing Team was an all star group. They looked at the DS and designed games for one group in mind, 5-12 year olds. PSP didn't go that route. PSP to me went to the middle schoolers and up, thus shooting themselves in the foot. Comparing the two systems is like comparing generations. The young kids want the DSi because of all the kid-friendly games. If you want full on action (G.O.W. just to name one) you pick up something that can deliver, the PSP. Now don't get me wrong, there are some DS games that can bring it (if someone knows of one PLEASE let me know) but as far as gaming goes, the PSP has what it takes, its just the good folks over at Sony doesn't have that marketing team that Nintendo has, nor the developers for those kid-friendly games. The game designers go where the money is, thus why the DS and DSi are doing so well in the market. My daugheter has a DS, and games for that thing come a dime a dozen. I couldve sworn I picked up 3 while ordering burgers at McDonalds!! Overall, if the PSP Go! is to have a chance to survive it has to appeal to the younger kids. Otherwise, the PSP Go! will just Go! away. But thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aj48198 For This Useful Post: