Notices

Deutsche Telekom eyeing Sprint Nextel for acquisition?

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-13-2009, 08:58 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

With T-Mobile UK and Orange now having to (potentially) learn to play nice, Deutsche Telekom is already looking ahead to its next big target: Sprint Nextel. According to a Telegraph report, the telecom giant, with an estimated value of $60.45 billion, has called in advisers from Deutsche Bank as it reportedly prepares to submit an offer to the $10.6 billion-valued Now Network within the next three weeks. The assimilation of Sprint and Deutsche Telekom subsidiary T-Mobile US under the same umbrella could give second-place AT&T a fight with a 78.2 million-strong customer base... but that said, we wouldn't anticipate any quick or smooth merger given the US carriers rely on substantially different bands (CDMA vs. GSM) for service. Hey, there's always WiMAX might come into play. Obviously there's a lot of unanswered questions here, but at this point it's all speculation given no actual offer has been thrown on the table -- and we bet Hesse will have some choice words on the matter. Keep an eye out on this one, things could very quickly get very, very interesting here.

original thread can be found here:

Code

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/13/deutsche-telekom-eyeing-sprint-nextel-for-acquisition/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Deutsche Telekom eyeing Sprint Nextel for acquisition

My only hope for this would be Deutsche Telekom raising the standard for customer service and work ethic. I really don't think the current staff at Sprint could handle it.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:07 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Deutsche Telekom eyeing Sprint Nextel for acquisition?

that would be some shit.Now i bet if this goes thru...the price will increase.That's how the monopoly of the business is. and being that it's in the European world the business laws wont effect them at all.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:44 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

My only hope for this would be Deutsche Telekom raising the standard for customer service and work ethic. I really don't think the current staff at Sprint could handle it.

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

that would be some shit.Now i bet if this goes thru...the price will increase.That's how the monopoly of the business is. and being that it's in the European world the business laws wont effect them at all.

ha dont you love how the world centers around business ethics
Old 09-13-2009, 09:54 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

ha dont you love how the world centers around business ethics
well if that happens well hello verizon

Old 09-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Trying to Catch UP
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View b727pilot's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View b727pilot's Photo Album Add b727pilot's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

I actually think this would help Sprint. They really seem to be in a funk and have been for a while. I actually think there CS has improved quite a bit from the early days, but it still has a way to go. If this goes thru does this mean I can call Sprint to Sprint (or Deutsche Telekom to Deutsche Telekom) for free/????? hahaha

Would love to talk to friends in Europe for free.

-T
Old 09-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by b727pilot View Post

I actually think this would help Sprint. They really seem to be in a funk and have been for a while. I actually think there CS has improved quite a bit from the early days, but it still has a way to go. If this goes thru does this mean I can call Sprint to Sprint (or Deutsche Telekom to Deutsche Telekom) for free/????? hahaha

Would love to talk to friends in Europe for free.

-T
that would rock. but none of my friends are still there, which means the merger will happen.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:20 AM
Mobile Model: TP/MOG/950
Mobile Carrier: sprint/boost CDMA

View sdwyz74's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sdwyz74's Photo Album Add sdwyz74's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this would suck as i think we should keep as much of AMERICA AS POSSIBLE we have already SOLD OR PAWNED SO MUCH in a minute WE WILL BE OWNED BY EVERYONE BUT AMERICANS and this is not a racial statement at all i LOVE WOMAN OF ALL SHAPES,SIZES,FORMS AND FASHIONS
Old 09-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View benmiller's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View benmiller's Photo Album Add benmiller's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well the only thing I could think of being a plus would be that it may be a step closer to the US being all GSM that would be nice it is so much easier to deal with that CDMA finally be able to get them cool European phones on Sprint.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:22 AM

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

well if that happens well hello verizon
hahahaha pb would be following in my steps

“ Originally Posted by benmiller View Post

Well the only thing I could think of being a plus would be that it may be a step closer to the US being all GSM that would be nice it is so much easier to deal with that CDMA finally be able to get them cool European phones on Sprint.

you can do that with the tp2 it is a world phone that is cdma and has a sim card slot...... its preperation for this to happen in my opinion....
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
acquisition, deutsche, eyeing, nextel, sprint, telekom