Old 09-24-2009, 11:54 PM
y0himba y0himba is offline   Thread Starter  
HTC Phones Own
Mobile Model: HTC Imagioâ„¢
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View y0himba's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View y0himba's Photo Album Add y0himba's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Omnia Issues

I have the Samsung Omnia i910.

Bear in mind I have done nothing other than install HTC X Button, Skyfire, Palringo, and a few games. Other that that it is exactly as it came from Verizon.

I have two issues I cannot seem to resolve.

Question One: When I set the phone to Auto Answer (I drive a lot and use the Bluetooth headset) there is this persistent notification I cannot get rid of. If I restart the phone it returns. It takes over my left soft key which I have customized to "Contacts". It simply will not go away.

I tried the registry key trick found here, and I am sure I have gotten rid of the charged notification, which also would not go away without a reset. However, it doesn't work for the Auto Answer notification.

How can I get rid of this notification? I don't want or need to see it, but the ability to dismiss it would be wonderful.

Question Two: The Weatherbug widget just suddenly stopped working. If I drag it to the "desktop" of the phone, the loading icon just stays, and it does not appear, nor can it be clicked on. It was working when I went to bed last night, this morning, it just sits there loading. No changed to the phone, no restarts. I then tried disabling/enabling it, nothing. Tried restarting the phone, nothing. Tried shutting the phone off and on, nothing. Network settings are correct, the defaults. Has this happened to anyone else?
Attached Thumbnails
Screen01.jpg   Screen02.jpg   Screen03.jpg  
The Following User Says Thank You to y0himba For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2009, 12:11 AM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Omnia Issues

i may help you with the first issue..i don't know what brand or earpiece you using. but i know you can configure it to go away it has nothing to do with your mobile device..check your earpiece Manuel first.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:20 AM
HTC Phones Own

View y0himba's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View y0himba's Photo Album Add y0himba's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Jabra BT8040. I have never had that problem on my Touch Pro or any Windows device until this one...
Old 09-25-2009, 12:31 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by y0himba View Post

Jabra BT8040. I have never had that problem on my Touch Pro or any Windows device until this one...

how long have you been on the rom for? have you hard reset lately? maby just be a bug that needs to be cleaned out..... also have you tried to see what happens if you reformat the card and drag just what oyu need back over... i know if you install stuff to the card after a while it can get bad and cause the phone to act sluggish and do some funky things.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:35 AM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

not sure on the settings on the omina i know one of our staff has one and may help you once he see this post

Old 09-25-2009, 12:35 AM
HTC Phones Own

I formatted the card when I got the phone yesterday. everything I have installed is listed above. It did that right out of the box. When it is done charging, same thing, a notification that takes over the left soft key and will not go away until reset. I cannot even find anything in the registry related to the notification.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:00 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I formatted the card when I got the phone yesterday. everything I have installed is listed above. It did that right out of the box. When it is done charging, same thing, a notification that takes over the left soft key and will not go away until reset. I cannot even find anything in the registry related to the notification.

mmmm i would bring it in almost sounds like a faulty unit......
Old 09-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

that does sound like some weierd issues.....i may not be able to help since i dont use a stock rom.......the batter charge complete usually goes away for my.....as far as auto answer ill have to enable it and try it out myself. I did find that there is alot of bugs with updated rom that vzw put on the omnia, let me try this stuff out......

Old 09-25-2009, 01:25 PM
HTC Phones Own

I fixed the problems.

I am returning the headset and ordered a Touch Pro.

I was on the phone with Samsung's ALLEGED support for an hour listening to some gum chewing, nail filing moron read to me off a screen. You need to hard reset the phone. Did that. Ok, we need your phone for 10-14 days so we can hard reset the phone.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:50 PM

I fixed the problems.

I am returning the headset and ordered a Touch Pro.

I was on the phone with Samsung's ALLEGED support for an hour listening to some gum chewing, nail filing moron read to me off a screen. You need to hard reset the phone. Did that. Ok, we need your phone for 10-14 days so we can hard reset the phone.

10-14 days to hard reset the phone? i would have told him to suck a fat one and than hung up and got someone that could help me......thast just ridiculous..... so you got the touch pro ordered now? why not the tp2?
Old 09-25-2009, 02:51 PM

[quote=D/\SH;415838]10-14 days to hard reset the phone? i would have told him to suck a fat one and than hung up and got someone that could help me......thats just ridiculous..... so you got the touch pro ordered now? why not the tp2 with more memory.... the touch pro is crippled and has the memory that the mogul does...... but what are you doing with your omnia? curious to mess around with one and if the price is right i would gladly buy it from you.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:19 AM
HTC Phones Own

Meh. I am poor and can't afford the TP2. I decided to stay with the Omnia after reading reviews and customer opinions on the phones they have. Out of all of them the Omnia is the best that I can see.

But, I have 2 LG Xenons (AT&T), 1 black, 1 blue, I also have an AT&T Fuze which is like a Touch Pro with a Touch Diamond case. It is seriously nice and powerful I LOVE that phone. Since I am no longer with AT&T I can't use them. I have a Moto EM330, which is a surprisingly nice clamshell phone with touch controls for music on the outside display. They are all around a month old in the original boxes. NONE are unlocked.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Meh. I am poor and can't afford the TP2. I decided to stay with the Omnia after reading reviews and customer opinions on the phones they have. Out of all of them the Omnia is the best that I can see.

But, I have 2 LG Xenons (AT&T), 1 black, 1 blue, I also have an AT&T Fuze which is like a Touch Pro with a Touch Diamond case. It is seriously nice and powerful I LOVE that phone. Since I am no longer with AT&T I can't use them. I have a Moto EM330, which is a surprisingly nice clamshell phone with touch controls for music on the outside display. They are all around a month old in the original boxes. NONE are unlocked.
you can always try a custom rom for the omnia there are some good ones out there....if you need help just let me know

Old 10-04-2009, 09:40 AM
HTC Phones Own

Ok first, I need help with choosing a custom ROM. I have questions:

Can I dump the current original ROM to a file for restoring to the phone later?
Will I be able to install my own programs(cabs)?

I need the following in a ROM:
Voice Command (VERY important) I drive a lot and like the phone to auto answer on Bluetooth and I need to be able to voice dial while on Bluetooth. I also control a few things with voice command.
I play music/movies from my home computer using Orb, so I need to be able to stream. I also play a lot of music off my storage card through my Bluetooth headset.
I use Shozu and Qik to stream and upload live stuff.
I need to be able to use Google as my exchange server.
Oh yeah, and no flashy or cheesy startup logos and shutdown logos. I have seen marijuana and Capcom characters and um, NO.

I will pay someone $20 if they can fix the auto answer issue above. I will give someone an unopened copy of MS Office 2007, or pay them if they can fix all the issues above...
Old 10-04-2009, 12:41 PM

Voice Command (VERY important) I drive a lot and like the phone to auto answer on Bluetooth and I need to be able to voice dial while on Bluetooth. I also control a few things with voice command.
I play music/movies from my home computer using Orb, so I need to be able to stream. I also play a lot of music off my storage card through my Bluetooth headset.
Oh yeah, and no flashy or cheesy startup logos and shutdown logos. I have seen marijuana and Capcom characters and um, NO.

I will pay someone $20 if they can fix the auto answer issue above. I will give someone an unopened copy of MS Office 2007, or pay them if they can fix all the issues above...

gonna hit up milkeyd for you via text... he has the omnia and knows that thing like the back of his hand and has flashed many many roms already on the beast.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

for the original rom you can get that from vzw website or samsung and you can flash back to it at any time.
Ok the current rom im using has Voice Command
I have not used Orb in awhile but i am pretty sure you should be able to use it just fine
I know the rom DOES NOT have Shozu but i am looking for a cab file for ya
I have never use google as an exchange sever so i cant answer that question but i will ask around.
Let hit this hard tommorow since i work tonight and have to go to bed

Old 10-04-2009, 05:57 PM
HTC Phones Own

I would prefer not to flash a ROM if possible. I am a chickenshit LOL. I just need to get rid of those damn notifications really bad. I have Shozu here as well as quite a few others...

There has to be a registry setting or something to allow me to dismiss that auto answer notification.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

Re Omnia Issues

“ Originally Posted by y0himba;417[RIGHT

[/RIGHT]838]I would prefer not to flash a ROM if possible. I am a chickenshit LOL. I just need to get rid of those damn notifications really bad. I have Shozu here as well as quite a few others...

There has to be a registry setting or something to allow me to dismiss that auto answer notification.
i dont know why i didnt think of this befor but you should try to flash the omnia stock rom CF03 it might help and it is a very simple process plus if you do mess up vzw cant give you crap since its there rom. just search under the stock rom section or if someones to link him to it thats cool. im still at work or i would do it

Old 10-05-2009, 07:56 AM
HTC Phones Own

That was the first thing I did. I am running CF03 29061. What controls the notifications? I did a search for the text of the notification and also for "notification" in the registry. I found the section that has them, but they are not labeled. I found a registry hack for the charging notification, but it didn't work after reset.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:29 PM

That was the first thing I did. I am running CF03 29061. What controls the notifications? I did a search for the text of the notification and also for "notification" in the registry. I found the section that has them, but they are not labeled. I found a registry hack for the charging notification, but it didn't work after reset.
are you sure you saved the changes to the registry than closed out of the program and than soft reset?
Old 10-05-2009, 01:00 PM
HTC Phones Own

Yes. I am using the Resco Registry plugin. I am pretty damn good with the Windows registry, that's why I prefer Windows phones, same basic principles. Is the link posted to the Samsung CF03 update Verizon/CDMA specific? If not, then maybe flashing to it would work, I just need to be sure it will work on Verizon and CDMA.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/f490/official-samsung-omnia-i910-firmware-188962/
yea this update is only for the Verizon Omnia i910 i would say try another flash and see if that works and if not I will guide you through step by step on how to flash a custom rom....I know your scared but its not that bad and its very very very easy I do it at least 3 times a week to test all the new rom that come out.....plus youll get wm6.5....let me know bro

Old 10-05-2009, 06:31 PM
HTC Phones Own

Ok, I flashed it again, same issue. WTF. I have searched the registry, I wish there were a GREP for finding text strings in files. I found a few strings in the registry with the term "Answer" in them. The exact text is "Auto Answer Is Enabled". Memmaid cannot even find the damn notification, but it is there and will not go away. Where else can notifiers be on the device? Registry? Files? Anything?

As for flashing a ROM, I am ready to put a custom ROM on it as long as I can install and use MS Voice Command for dialing, and I am able to tether without paying the extra money that Verizon wants from me, and as long as I can install the custom programs I like such as Skyfire browser, Resco Explorer, and so forth.

EDIY: Holy Shit! My user title changed again!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

Re Omnia Issues

Ok, I flashed it again, same issue. WTF. I have searched the registry, I wish there were a GREP for finding text strings in files. I found a few strings in the registry with the term "Answer" in them. The exact text is "Auto Answer Is Enabled". Memmaid cannot even find the damn notification, but it is there and will not go away. Where else can notifiers be on the device? Registry? Files? Anything?

As for flashing a ROM, I am ready to put a custom ROM on it as long as I can install and use MS Voice Command for dialing, and I am able to tether without paying the extra money that Verizon wants from me, and as long as I can install the custom programs I like such as Skyfire browser, Resco Explorer, and so forth.

EDIY: Holy Shit! My user title changed again!

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/f491/techmasters-cf03-wm-65-carbon-189962/#post418108
follw me here and we'll get started

Old 10-05-2009, 07:06 PM
HTC Phones Own

Does that ROM include the default messaging application that I can set up to sync with Google? Also, can I change the background? (I am old an like it plain) Can I change the theme? The red is a bit much for me. I like the HTC black style stuff...
Old 10-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

Re Omnia Issues

Does that ROM include the default messaging application that I can set up to sync with Google? Also, can I change the background? (I am old an like it plain) Can I change the theme? The red is a bit much for me. I like the HTC black style stuff...
i will check on the color thng and i know you can change the background

Old 10-05-2009, 07:20 PM
HTC Phones Own

Will VZ Navigator work? I use that as a part of my job...
Old 10-05-2009, 09:07 PM

Will VZ Navigator work? I use that as a part of my job...
yes there are cabs for that you can install if ou still want and the custom rom doesnt have it included... if you need it ask me i got many verizon cabs i have found sicne i too am now verizon wirless
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
issues, omnia