HTC Touch Pro Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-27-2009, 09:26 PM
hPeOaTd hPeOaTd is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Alltel

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View hPeOaTd's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View hPeOaTd's Photo Album Add hPeOaTd's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
The Touch Pros hardware buttons and my beef with them

Here's my issue:
The Pro is an awesome phone in a lot of ways (leaps and bounds over the mogul in speed, looks, ect.). But one thing I loved about the 6800 was the surplus of hardware buttons. I was one button away from internet, gps, messaging, contacts, comm manager, and more. And now with the Pro it seems like I have 3 buttons that do the same exact thing and a call button. I dont really mind using the touchscreen apps to get to all of my shortcuts, but I feel like I never press the 'home' or 'back' buttons... at all....ever....
I had a program called aebutton on my mogul which I used to change a few things, but unfortunately its an older version and dosent work worth a crap on my Pro. So does anyone know of a program I can get in order to completely change the function of these friggin useless buttons.
Ive tried searching the forums but cant really find anything like this.
Thanks for any help.
The Following User Says Thank You to hPeOaTd For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: The Touch Pros hardware buttons and my beef with them

“ Originally Posted by wMeAeNd View Post

Here's my issue:
The Pro is an awesome phone in a lot of ways (leaps and bounds over the mogul in speed, looks, ect.). But one thing I loved about the 6800 was the surplus of hardware buttons. I was one button away from internet, gps, messaging, contacts, comm manager, and more. And now with the Pro it seems like I have 3 buttons that do the same exact thing and a call button. I dont really mind using the touchscreen apps to get to all of my shortcuts, but I feel like I never press the 'home' or 'back' buttons... at all....ever....
I had a program called aebutton on my mogul which I used to change a few things, but unfortunately its an older version and dosent work worth a crap on my Pro. So does anyone know of a program I can get in order to completely change the function of these friggin useless buttons.
Ive tried searching the forums but cant really find anything like this.
Thanks for any help.

try aebuttonplus to change your buttons and for the other issue on less ahrd buttons get used to it many of the phones coming out soon arent going to have much more than a power button and maby one or two others......
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2009, 09:46 PM

View hPeOaTd's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View hPeOaTd's Photo Album Add hPeOaTd's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

try aebuttonplus to change your buttons and for the other issue on less ahrd buttons get used to it many of the phones coming out soon arent going to have much more than a power button and maby one or two others......
Yeah thats the only thing drawing me away from the PRO2. But then again im getting used to using the screen for everything. And about aebutton I dont see it in the freeware section so I wanna be sure that Its gonna work without problems before I try to find/buy it from the developer. Do you use it on your pro dash? And if so do it completely override the button or does it just double up like the older version of aebutton did (for me at least). When I would hit the home button to open opera for example, it would open and then quickly goto my home screen, and the same for back button.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:48 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah thats the only thing drawing me away from the PRO2. But then again im getting used to using the screen for everything. And about aebutton I dont see it in the freeware section so I wanna be sure that Its gonna work without problems before I try to find/buy it from the developer. Do you use it on your pro dash? And if so do it completely override the button or does it just double up like the older version of aebutton did (for me at least). When I would hit the home button to open opera for example, it would open and then quickly goto my home screen, and the same for back button.
maby you should look at #10 of this thread:

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/how-2-getting-t170281.html?t=170281
Old 08-27-2009, 09:54 PM

maby you should look at #10 of this thread:]
I have and I totally understand why you guys did that, but I was mostly asking for yours or someones opinion on the program so I can decide whether or not it would make sense for me to try to get it from the developer.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:58 PM

I have and I totally understand why you guys did that, but I was mostly asking for yours or someones opinion on the program so I can decide whether or not it would make sense for me to try to get it from the developer.

yes i have and i know and have seen many using and there is much good on this app and most importantly it is straight forward and easy to use.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:21 PM

yes i have and i know and have seen many using and there is much good on this app and most importantly it is straight forward and easy to use.
Thanks man Ive got it going now and am very happy with it. I can finally close programs again!
Old 08-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i think its a very good program and easy to use on my pro......
The Following User Says Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2009, 10:57 AM

Thanks man Ive got it going now and am very happy with it. I can finally close programs again!
hahahhahaha cool and no troubles here to help
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
beef, buttons, hardware, pros, touch