PPC 6800 Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-15-2008, 12:24 PM
renreq renreq is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul (Sprint)
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View renreq's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View renreq's Photo Album Add renreq's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Adding and Changing Notification Sounds

Changing or adding new ring tones for the HTC Mogul is very easy, especially as their is a special folder within the phone called Ringers, but is there a way to add different sounds to notification events? I'd like to program better sounds to alert me of new text messages, new email, etc. The available sounds that come with the phone are extremely short and barely audible. Thanks!

Ren

Old 10-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Adding and Changing Notification Sounds

“ Originally Posted by renreq View Post

Changing or adding new ring tones for the HTC Mogul is very easy, especially as their is a special folder within the phone called Ringers, but is there a way to add different sounds to notification events? I'd like to program better sounds to alert me of new text messages, new email, etc. The available sounds that come with the phone are extremely short and barely audible. Thanks!

Ren
yes all you have to do is drop them in the windows folder.... .but be aware it will play until it is done so you are not going to want one too long....

EDIT: also it will have to be a wav file.... you can find many wav files at www.nextpimp.com
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2008, 12:44 PM

View renreq's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View renreq's Photo Album Add renreq's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yes all you have to do is drop them in the windows folder.... .but be aware it will play until it is done so you are not going to want one too long....

EDIT: also it will have to be a wav file.... you can find many wav files at www.nextpimp.com
Thanks for the great response, Matt! The site you mentioned is good too, although I'll probably just use Goldwave to create my own little WAV files that run between 3 to 5 seconds. I can probably even use the WAV files that come with Yahoo or MSN Messenger, making them a little longer if I have to using Goldwave.

While I'm on the subject of customizing, can the same thing be done to the background of the Today screen? For example, can I create an image, make its dimensions 240x320, and throw it into the Windows folder? If so, what is the file format?

Thanks!
Ren

Old 10-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View daniel1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View daniel1's Photo Album Add daniel1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks for the great response, Matt! The site you mentioned is good too, although I'll probably just use Goldwave to create my own little WAV files that run between 3 to 5 seconds. I can probably even use the WAV files that come with Yahoo or MSN Messenger, making them a little longer if I have to using Goldwave.

While I'm on the subject of customizing, can the same thing be done to the background of the Today screen? For example, can I create an image, make its dimensions 240x320, and throw it into the Windows folder? If so, what is the file format?

Thanks!
Ren
you don't necessarily need to go through all that. if you want a specific picture on the bg, resize it to QVGA if needed, and then find that pic in Picture Viewer and go under Menu and select "Make Background Image" or something like that. It doesn't need to be in a Windows folder. The Mogul automatically resizes the pic to fit the bg BUT some pics are so out of wack that you might want to experiment a bit to see if you need to resize it yourself or not.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daniel1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2008, 09:21 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by daniel1 View Post

you don't necessarily need to go through all that. if you want a specific picture on the bg, resize it to QVGA if needed, and then find that pic in Picture Viewer and go under Menu and select "Make Background Image" or something like that. It doesn't need to be in a Windows folder. The Mogul automatically resizes the pic to fit the bg BUT some pics are so out of wack that you might want to experiment a bit to see if you need to resize it yourself or not.
yup and when you go to set as background make sure you set the transperancy to 0%
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2008, 11:17 AM

“ Originally Posted by daniel1 View Post

I really appreciate your help. I'll be trying it out today. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to renreq For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2008, 02:50 PM

I really appreciate your help. I'll be trying it out today. Thanks!
let us know how that works out for you :>
Old 10-20-2008, 11:15 AM

It worked really great, Matt, especially since my photos were already sized to the appropriate resolution of my screen. What I usually do is take photos with my Canon SD950IS 12.1 mega pixel camera, touch up the photos using PhotoShop, resize them to my phones resolution to save storage space on my 4GB storage card, and then use SPB Time's screen saver feature and have my photos randomly transition on the display as my phone is docked and charging on my Sedio USB cradle, which, by the way, I bought at your recommendation and am loving it!

With regards to using SPB Time's screen savor feature, I can't get it to activate when I've got SPB Mobile Shell's Now screen running. I have to close the Now screen, which takes me back to the HTC Today screen, for the screen savor function to activate. Am I missing something? This seems retarded when you consider that SPB Mobile Shell and SPB Time are made by the same company and should therefore work seamlessly together. Also, when I get text messages and the screen saver is running, the screen saver doesn't automatically end like it should to let you see who wrote.

With regards to using the Sedio USB cradle, I find it disappointing that it won't answer incoming calls through my BlueTooth ear piece even with BlueTooth enabled on my phone. I'm physically disabled, so having my phone connected to the Sedio is somewhat counter productive. And when I'm not using the BlueTooth ear piece and someone calls me, my phone automatically answers but I can't hear anything through the phones earpiece but they can hear either me or sounds produced by my computer. This raises the question: Is my phone capable of interfacing with my computer's sound system through the Sedio cradle?

Finally, going back to changing the Today screen background, the only draw back was that the title bar on top and the menu bar on the bottom of the background picture retained the theme color I selected for SPB Mobile Shell. The text also didn't change color. Is it likely I could use ThemeGenCE to effectively make these adjustments?

Also, is there a maximum size for storage card capacity that will work with the Mogul? I have a 4GB card, but I'd like an 8GB or greater!

Thank you so much for all your support!

Yours,
Rene

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to renreq For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2008, 12:32 PM

It worked really great, Matt, especially since my photos were already sized to the appropriate resolution of my screen. What I usually do is take photos with my Canon SD950IS 12.1 mega pixel camera, touch up the photos using PhotoShop, resize them to my phones resolution to save storage space on my 4GB storage card, and then use SPB Time's screen saver feature and have my photos randomly transition on the display as my phone is docked and charging on my Sedio USB cradle, which, by the way, I bought at your recommendation and am loving it!

With regards to using SPB Time's screen savor feature, I can't get it to activate when I've got SPB Mobile Shell's Now screen running. I have to close the Now screen, which takes me back to the HTC Today screen, for the screen savor function to activate. Am I missing something? This seems retarded when you consider that SPB Mobile Shell and SPB Time are made by the same company and should therefore work seamlessly together. Also, when I get text messages and the screen saver is running, the screen saver doesn't automatically end like it should to let you see who wrote.

With regards to using the Sedio USB cradle, I find it disappointing that it won't answer incoming calls through my BlueTooth ear piece even with BlueTooth enabled on my phone. I'm physically disabled, so having my phone connected to the Sedio is somewhat counter productive. And when I'm not using the BlueTooth ear piece and someone calls me, my phone automatically answers but I can't hear anything through the phones earpiece but they can hear either me or sounds produced by my computer. This raises the question: Is my phone capable of interfacing with my computer's sound system through the Sedio cradle?

Finally, going back to changing the Today screen background, the only draw back was that the title bar on top and the menu bar on the bottom of the background picture retained the theme color I selected for SPB Mobile Shell. The text also didn't change color. Is it likely I could use ThemeGenCE to effectively make these adjustments?

Also, is there a maximum size for storage card capacity that will work with the Mogul? I have a 4GB card, but I'd like an 8GB or greater!

Thank you so much for all your support!

Yours,
Rene
for spb i would check out their forums or their site because i have rarely for short periods of time used their products.... and for the seidio im not sure since i dont have one anymore so i cnat test.... we will have to wait for someone else to respond or you could go through their email tech support and they would be able to tell you. and yes the 8bg storage card will work fine on the mogul :>
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Mobile Model: ToMOFOPro

View xxdbkxx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View xxdbkxx's Photo Album Add xxdbkxx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

And yes, you can use ThemeGenCE to make themes with custom colors, bars, test, etc...

Or you can just post a couple of what you want on your theme in the theme request area and tell us what colors you would like.....and we'll knock it out for ya!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxdbkxx For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2008, 01:44 PM

for spb i would check out their forums or their site because i have rarely for short periods of time used their products.... and for the seidio im not sure since i dont have one anymore so i cnat test.... we will have to wait for someone else to respond or you could go through their email tech support and they would be able to tell you. and yes the 8bg storage card will work fine on the mogul :>
Thanks, Matt, I'll check their support forum as soon as I can find it. I'm glad to hear the 8GB cards work. Do you know if higher capacity cards work too? I'm thinking a 16GB card would be great for my mp3 collection. Why buy an iPod when the Mogul can do the same thing?

Speaking of music, if I create a nested folder of mp3 music, will Media Player be able to shuffle through all the folders? Or do I have to place all my music in one folder?

Thanks,
Ren

--------- New Post Merged on 20/10/2008 at 0315 --------

“ Originally Posted by xxdbkxx View Post

And yes, you can use ThemeGenCE to make themes with custom colors, bars, test, etc...

Or you can just post a couple of what you want on your theme in the theme request area and tell us what colors you would like.....and we'll knock it out for ya!
Thanks for your quick reply and good answer. I'm looking forward to trying ThemeGenCE.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:33 AM

Thanks, Matt, I'll check their support forum as soon as I can find it. I'm glad to hear the 8GB cards work. Do you know if higher capacity cards work too? I'm thinking a 16GB card would be great for my mp3 collection. Why buy an iPod when the Mogul can do the same thing?

Speaking of music, if I create a nested folder of mp3 music, will Media Player be able to shuffle through all the folders? Or do I have to place all my music in one folder?

Thanks,
Ren

--------- New Post Merged on 20/10/2008 at 0315 --------

Thanks for your quick reply and good answer. I'm looking forward to trying ThemeGenCE.
yes the 16 gig will work, and also to get it to read from the casrd all you have to do is make a My Documents folder on your storage card and than make a folder inside that called My Music and place all your songs in there.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2008, 10:02 AM

yes the 16 gig will work, and also to get it to read from the casrd all you have to do is make a My Documents folder on your storage card and than make a folder inside that called My Music and place all your songs in there.
It's great to know that the 16GB cards work with the Mogul; I'll have to go buy one.

I'm afraid I didn't understand what you meant when you wrote "and also to get it to read from the casrd" . Did you mean card? That was actually a follow up question I had. If I create a My Documents folder on my storage card and then make a folder inside that called My Music and place all your songs in there, will my phone automatically search inside that folder when I launch Media Player? I use SPB Mobile Shell for launching most of my applications, and whenever I select the Multimedia option and then My Music, I always have to point to the directory on my storage card. Same is true for pictures.

Thanks,
Ren

Old 10-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Mobile Model: T.O.U.C.H P.R.O
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT SPEED
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Fatal_Error's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Fatal_Error's Photo Album Add Fatal_Error's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

My folder is just called music and yes it picks it up. I know it was the same on my mogul too

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fatal_Error For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
adding, changing, notification, sounds