Old 05-27-2008, 09:27 PM
blazingfate blazingfate is offline   Thread Starter  
The One
Mobile Model: HTC Hero/ Palm Pre
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: Android

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View blazingfate's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blazingfate's Photo Album Add blazingfate's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
DVD Burning

Ok I downloaded DVD Fab Platinum 4. I got all happy because I was ripping movies using the xvid.mp3 setting. Well my issue now is that the files cant be burnt to dvd through the programs I have on my computer. Also I cant seem to convert them into anything that will work. My questions are...1. is there a better way to doing this process....2. is there a way to convert these files into something that can be burnt to dvd (i dont wanna lose these movies) If anybody can help me it will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: DVD Burning

“ Originally Posted by blazingfate View Post

Ok I downloaded DVD Fab Platinum 4. I got all happy because I was ripping movies using the xvid.mp3 setting. Well my issue now is that the files cant be burnt to dvd through the programs I have on my computer. Also I cant seem to convert them into anything that will work. My questions are...1. is there a better way to doing this process....2. is there a way to convert these files into something that can be burnt to dvd (i dont wanna lose these movies) If anybody can help me it will be greatly appreciated.
do a search for DVD* Burner and you will find mad apps here bro...
Old 05-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO

View spidermonkey21's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spidermonkey21's Photo Album Add spidermonkey21's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i run a cracked version of a program called "anydvd". it runs in the background and removes the copyrights. then i use a program called "dvdshrink" to copy the movies.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:49 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by spidermonkey21 View Post

i run a cracked version of a program called "anydvd". it runs in the background and removes the copyrights. then i use a program called "dvdshrink" to copy the movies.
then you use nero to burn them! LoL.. just felt like adding!

Old 05-28-2008, 09:21 PM
The One

View blazingfate's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blazingfate's Photo Album Add blazingfate's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thank you all for your help!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO

View spidermonkey21's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spidermonkey21's Photo Album Add spidermonkey21's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

then you use nero to burn them! LoL.. just felt like adding!
actually, you just need to have nero installed. you don't have to change programs or anything, dvdshrink does it for you as long as you have it installed on your pc

Old 05-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul

View Mandingo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mandingo's Photo Album Add Mandingo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...d.php?t=159318

Old 05-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Tilt/HTC TyTN II
Mobile Carrier: At&t

View Andy65OU's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Andy65OU's Photo Album Add Andy65OU's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I use a combination of programs that work perfect with each other.. As a team, so to speak.. This will burn any dvd, anywhere, even the ones that not only have encryption, but also have the different spacing in between some of the chapters (another form of encryption)..
(1.) RipIt4Me, (2.)DVDDecrypter (which runs (3.)FixVTS), (4.)DVDShrink, then DVDDecrypter, again, to burn the .iso onto a blank dvd...

Old 05-29-2008, 01:02 PM
The One

Dvd Fab would rip the movies...but I couldnt burn them to disc and they play on a dvd player. I thought that maybe Windows DVD maker would do it...but it says that the files are corrupted. That cant be so considering they play on my computer. So I used DivX converter to convert them to Divx. My DVD player plays Divx but not the DivX files from this conversion. What format do I need to convert my current movie collection to and what do I need to use to burn them to a DVD? I figured I would elaborate on my new findings.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Tilt/HTC TyTN II
Mobile Carrier: At&t

View Andy65OU's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Andy65OU's Photo Album Add Andy65OU's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by blazingfate View Post

Dvd Fab would rip the movies...but I couldnt burn them to disc and they play on a dvd player. I thought that maybe Windows DVD maker would do it...but it says that the files are corrupted. That cant be so considering they play on my computer. So I used DivX converter to convert them to Divx. My DVD player plays Divx but not the DivX files from this conversion. What format do I need to convert my current movie collection to and what do I need to use to burn them to a DVD? I figured I would elaborate on my new findings.
After DVDDecrypter and FixVTS (which are all ran by "RipIt4Me") are finished running, you make an ".iso" image of the movie with DVDShrink, then you use your favorite burning software that will write the ".iso" to a blank dvd... I use DVDDecrypter, but you can use Nero or others...

Old 08-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Mobile Model: htc mogul

View sweetgurly21's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sweetgurly21's Photo Album Add sweetgurly21's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

question, i converted an .avi movie into DVD format the movie was 5gb i only have 4.7gb dvd cd. is there anyway i can split it or do you no a program that will let you split. do i have to get a 10gb dvd cd or something.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:27 PM
The One

Yes there are a few. If you search on this site for HJ Split you should find what you need. I use it occassionally.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:27 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by sweetgurly21 View Post

question, i converted an .avi movie into DVD format the movie was 5gb i only have 4.7gb dvd cd. is there anyway i can split it or do you no a program that will let you split. do i have to get a 10gb dvd cd or something.
naw you dont have to and why split up one movie into 2 parts on 2 discs? you can just convert to another format and than burn... for a dvd it doesnt have to be in dvd format......
Old 08-10-2008, 04:28 PM

View sweetgurly21's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sweetgurly21's Photo Album Add sweetgurly21's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

sorry i no i am double posting but i have another question how do we make the movie smaller. some of the movies that i cloned are 5629mb. don't think i would be able to play that in my ppc.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:32 PM

sorry i no i am double posting but i have another question how do we make the movie smaller. some of the movies that i cloned are 5629mb. don't think i would be able to play that in my ppc.
you would have to use a program like spb movie converter.... we have a lot of them in the pctools area........ they will convert to screensize of your phone and keep quality while diminishing the size of the file.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:08 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

naw you dont have to and why split up one movie into 2 parts on 2 discs? you can just convert to another format and than burn... for a dvd it doesnt have to be in dvd format......
what other format can i use. i saw someone say they couldn't play the dvd in the dvd player because they didn't convert it to an ISO format or something.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:20 PM

what other format can i use. i saw someone say they couldn't play the dvd in the dvd player because they didn't convert it to an ISO format or something.
no thats for computers with the iso format.......... thats for like vista, photoshop, and other big files from a disc............. but for dvd's any video format will work as long as the burner supports it.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2008, 06:20 PM

oh okay thanks dash for helping. i just wanted to make sure i was doing it right. hopefully when i burn movies to the dvds the quality is good. lol
Old 08-10-2008, 06:28 PM

oh okay thanks dash for helping. i just wanted to make sure i was doing it right. hopefully when i burn movies to the dvds the quality is good. lol
just look at the file size and all if its not too much lower than what you have now (just small enough to fit on the disc.)
Old 08-10-2008, 06:34 PM

uhhh. if what is not too small. the .avi movies i have are about 300mb my dvd disc is 4.7gb. can i put more than i movie in one disc since.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:47 PM

uhhh. if what is not too small. the .avi movies i have are about 300mb my dvd disc is 4.7gb. can i put more than i movie in one disc since.
yes you would be able to but i would watch one first on your pc to make sure the quality of picture and sound are ok
Old 08-10-2008, 08:40 PM

ran in to some problems my dvd player is not playingthe disc. is saying 'disc error please eject the disc. playback feature may not be available on this disc"
does that mean my tower didn't burn it because it played on the computer. does cd/dvdW mean that it reads it but doesn't burn. i am so confused.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:48 PM

ran in to some problems my dvd player is not playingthe disc. is saying 'disc error please eject the disc. playback feature may not be available on this disc"
does that mean my tower didn't burn it because it played on the computer. does cd/dvdW mean that it reads it but doesn't burn. i am so confused.
naw its just that your dvd player doesnt recognize the file type you converted it too.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:24 PM

so what do i do now. convert to another format or buy new blank dvds
Old 08-10-2008, 09:38 PM

so what do i do now. convert to another format or buy new blank dvds
convert to another format.... if the movie is lets say 3 gigs when you convert the movie you will want it to come out no less than 2.0-2.5 gigs otherwise you will be losing quality in sound and the picture....
Old 08-10-2008, 09:58 PM
The One

Dash is right. One thing that I have found to work is that I use DVD Fab. It allows me to convert to various formats with one click. I usually convert to the Xbox setting which when burned to a DVD works just fine. (great picture quality and sound) If you are still having issue convert to divx afterwards. You can get a divx converter at no charge to see how you like it on www.divx.com....also dvdfab is on this site in pc tools.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blazingfate For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2008, 09:31 AM

i don't know for some reason divx and dvdfab didn't work for me. but i found another that converts and burns with a click very easy to work with. its called sothink movie dvd maker and the file is a full download and my fav word free. thank you dash and blazingfate for explaining alot to me. it was all so confusing oh and i had to buy a new dvd player. the one i had doesn't recognize dvd cds for some reason.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetgurly21 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2008, 09:47 AM
The One

I'm glad I was able to assist somewhat. For the record I just tried a new part of DVD Fab. If you still the platinum on your computer, open it...click try platinum (it never runs out). Click the DVD Main Movie to copy choice...its blue to green disc..... It takes about 35 min if you are doing the main movie only and works even on my old PS2. I tested it for ya. If you found something that works better I am happy for you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blazingfate For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
burning, dvd