PPC 6800 Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-22-2008, 03:35 PM
dragonzkin dragonzkin is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul PPC-6800
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View dragonzkin's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dragonzkin's Photo Album Add dragonzkin's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Mogul TouchScreen Sensitivity Issue

Hey All,

Hope I can snag some help with an issue or maybe just some feedback. Basically this is my issue:

I had a mogul for a year and over the course of the year I usually kept it in its holster in my pocket. I installed a screen protector on it. Despite this, keys and change seemed to damage the screen a bit. Pressure points appeared that were a bit lighter than their surrounding area.

Luckily, the phone ate itself. The LED gave out, keys on the keyboard failed, and it started crashing daily, so it was replaced for me free of charge.

I didn't want to go through that again so I bought the BodyGaurdz skin for it. I'm fairly happy with it except for 1 issue. The screen protector is SOLID, and I LIKE this feature but it has cause many of my touches to go unrecognized by the screen.

Can I crank up the sensitivity of the touch screen? I did some research and found the reg key to address it but it doesn't exist on my mogul.

This app has a screen shot where it is adjustable: http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2008/01/...tool-2020.html

but the option does not appear in my mogul (probly due to lack of touchflo).

If I install TouchFlo2D will it appear?

Or is there a better easier work around?

Is it possibly my touchscreen is just dying (I know replacement devices are refurbs not original new retail devices)?

Anyone else run into this with InvisibleShield or BodyGuardz device protection?

TIA!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Mogul TouchScreen Sensitivity Issue

“ Originally Posted by dragonzkin View Post

Hey All,

Hope I can snag some help with an issue or maybe just some feedback. Basically this is my issue:

I had a mogul for a year and over the course of the year I usually kept it in its holster in my pocket. I installed a screen protector on it. Despite this, keys and change seemed to damage the screen a bit. Pressure points appeared that were a bit lighter than their surrounding area.

Luckily, the phone ate itself. The LED gave out, keys on the keyboard failed, and it started crashing daily, so it was replaced for me free of charge.

I didn't want to go through that again so I bought the BodyGaurdz skin for it. I'm fairly happy with it except for 1 issue. The screen protector is SOLID, and I LIKE this feature but it has cause many of my touches to go unrecognized by the screen.

Can I crank up the sensitivity of the touch screen? I did some research and found the reg key to address it but it doesn't exist on my mogul.

This app has a screen shot where it is adjustable: http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2008/01/...tool-2020.html

but the option does not appear in my mogul (probly due to lack of touchflo).

If I install TouchFlo2D will it appear?

Or is there a better easier work around?

Is it possibly my touchscreen is just dying (I know replacement devices are refurbs not original new retail devices)?

Anyone else run into this with InvisibleShield or BodyGuardz device protection?

TIA!!!
both those brands you mentioned are notorious for this..... in a couple threads here i mentioned that they made them wayyyyy to thick.... i woukd say take it off if you cant live with it.... i havenever used a screen protector on my stuff after the first 2 months into my first ppc.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:38 AM
dragonzkin dragonzkin is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul PPC-6800
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View dragonzkin's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dragonzkin's Photo Album Add dragonzkin's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks for the reply. I think that may be what I end up doing, but I'm going to try some reg hacks first.

Basically this is what I've done so far:

Installed touchflo 2d (this installs drivers that give more of an ability to adjust pressure threshholds on the device's touchscreen.)

Adjusted registry settings recommended here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=232871&postcount=283

Here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29525

and Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=360564

But it is sort of strange, the screen seems to get a BIT more responsive, but not as much as some of those users proclaim.

Currently I have my values set at around 65,000 to 75,000. This is after the default being around 8-10 thousand.

Anyone know if there is a MAX value?

Thanks and I hope this helps anyone else that may be having this issue. I noticed this thread is now ranking #1 in google search results for both ppc 6800 touchscreen sensitivity and Mogul Touchscreen Sensitivity.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:08 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by dragonzkin View Post

Thanks for the reply. I think that may be what I end up doing, but I'm going to try some reg hacks first.

Basically this is what I've done so far:

Installed touchflo 2d (this installs drivers that give more of an ability to adjust pressure threshholds on the device's touchscreen.)

Adjusted registry settings recommended here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=232871&postcount=283

Here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29525

and Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=360564

But it is sort of strange, the screen seems to get a BIT more responsive, but not as much as some of those users proclaim.

Currently I have my values set at around 65,000 to 75,000. This is after the default being around 8-10 thousand.

Anyone know if there is a MAX value?

Thanks and I hope this helps anyone else that may be having this issue. I noticed this thread is now ranking #1 in google search results for both ppc 6800 touchscreen sensitivity and Mogul Touchscreen Sensitivity.
naw you will be straight i had mine set at 86,000
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
issue, mogul, sensitivity, touchscreen