Yahoo Go To Go Bye-Bye

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-18-2009, 05:10 PM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Rss Feed Yahoo Go To Go Bye-Bye

The mobile app portal service that gave users access to Yahoo content across multiple devices will shut down early next year.

Read More From Source
The Following User Says Thank You to phillynewsnow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Mobile Model: mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View Board Admin's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Board Admin's Photo Album Add Board Admin's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Yahoo Go To Go ByeBye

oh well don't use that much anyways...
Old 11-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Yahoo Go To Go Bye-Bye

are they talking yahoo go or whatever they called it? i used that off an on on my mogul back in the day but never found myself using it or finding it that useful since i no longer have an yahoo account that i use as well as it not being my major or favorite search engine which are google and now bing
Old 11-18-2009, 05:41 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

are they talking yahoo go or whatever they called it? i used that off an on on my mogul back in the day but never found myself using it or finding it that useful since i no longer have an yahoo account that i use as well as it not being my major or favorite search engine which are google and now bing

yep being that i have the android device I'm using all of the Google features i like that app for Google voice cause i can track and know where my friends at .lol sprint has that same feature but they charge an extra fee...but there's alot neat feature for google mobile

Old 11-18-2009, 06:31 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

yep being that i have the android device I'm using all of the Google features i like that app for Google voice cause i can track and know where my friends at .lol sprint has that same feature but they charge an extra fee...but there's alot neat feature for google mobile
yeah i need to start using my google voice number again.... i have one but havent used it all but once i think... hell im not sure if i remember how to dial it... is there a dialer for it that you can jsut dial the number and have it automatically use the googlevoice number without having to press in all that code like i had to when i used it on my pre...
Old 11-18-2009, 06:33 PM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah i need to start using my google voice number again.... i have one but havent used it all but once i think... hell im not sure if i remember how to dial it... is there a dialer for it that you can jsut dial the number and have it automatically use the googlevoice number without having to press in all that code like i had to when i used it on my pre...

you can use the voice dialer. Not sure if that what you mean

Old 11-18-2009, 06:42 PM

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

you can use the voice dialer. Not sure if that what you mean
yea will have to get that and look my number up again.... lmao i think i posted it somewhere around here but the question is where lmao, thanks for the guidance and help on these issues that im having... soon i will be a pro and not a noob with android again...... you would be surprised how much has changed in the android world over the past few months since i got rid of my g-1.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:49 PM
OG Member

yea will have to get that and look my number up again.... lmao i think i posted it somewhere around here but the question is where lmao, thanks for the guidance and help on these issues that im having... soon i will be a pro and not a noob with android again...... you would be surprised how much has changed in the android world over the past few months since i got rid of my g-1.

no problem bro.I'm still learning myself...that google number should be on your google account

Old 11-18-2009, 07:32 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I will not shed no tears cause I did not use it anyway so no love loss here.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

What the article fails to mention is the agreement for Yahoo to begin to depend on Bing (Microsoft) for maps & web searches. Yahoo Go competes directly with the fabulous Bing application for WinMo phones & others. Exactly what would be the purpose of having Yahoo Go exist when it would eventually be dependent on Bing anyhow?

I used Yahoo Go when it was in its earlier incarnations. I used it alot. But, when it got to 3.0 (I think) and began to depend on widgets, the app go so slow, it was useless. The double whammy was the fact that Mobile Shell, Touch Flo, Android and others offered much - if not all - of what Go did, but did so right on your homescreen.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:20 PM

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

What the article fails to mention is the agreement for Yahoo to begin to depend on Bing (Microsoft) for maps & web searches. Yahoo Go competes directly with the fabulous Bing application for WinMo phones & others. Exactly what would be the purpose of having Yahoo Go exist when it would eventually be dependent on Bing anyhow?

I used Yahoo Go when it was in its earlier incarnations. I used it alot. But, when it got to 3.0 (I think) and began to depend on widgets, the app go so slow, it was useless. The double whammy was the fact that Mobile Shell, Touch Flo, Android and others offered much - if not all - of what Go did, but did so right on your homescreen.
the last part was the killer for me when i used in the early stages as well... why would i want to open a slow as app that took forever to load when i could do without it... i liked the yahoo news bout went to an rss reader at that time, and for the email i just decided to add it regularly, and for the other stuff as well mobile shell and htc home did the job for me.... it didnt offer much anymore and decided for the yahoo stuff i did need why not just make my homepage yahoo and get rid of the application completely..... good idea but they needed t add the extra pizzazz factor that they never did find.
Post New ThreadReply