Old 11-18-2009, 06:52 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint Hero Firmware Update Released

Sprint Hero Firmware Update Released

If you use a Sprint Hero then you should know that a new OTA (Over-The-Air) Update has been released. The update is 3748377 bytes large and the firmware is updated to 1.56.651.2. PPCGeeks Member Mercado79 reports here that the update deals with
  • SMS
  • DST
  • Calendar shows weather for current week
  • Search button works in the apps menu
  • Mute and speakerphone icon on-screen when on a call
  • Program Names/Icons Bug fixed
To update your device, please follow these steps-
1. Go to your Home screen by pressing home button
2. Click Menu
3. Click Settings
4. Scroll down to bottom and click About Phone
5. Click System updates
6. Click Firmware update
7. Follow instructions

originally found here:

Code

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2009/11/18/sprint-hero-firmware-update-released/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 07:10 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint Hero Firmware Update Released

yep doing that now......

Old 11-18-2009, 07:13 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

yep doing that now......
let us know what ya think of it and if there are any other changes that you noticed that werent mentioned
Old 11-18-2009, 07:31 PM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

let us know what ya think of it and if there are any other changes that you noticed that werent mentioned

honestly dash the only thing that changed was the version number.. i haven't noticed anything that changed, that i noticed i guess i need more time with it.But I'm eager to learn from the other guys that did had issues..

Old 11-18-2009, 08:16 PM

honestly dash the only thing that changed was the version number.. i haven't noticed anything that changed, that i noticed i guess i need more time with it.But I'm eager to learn from the other guys that did had issues..
these are the changes that were made to it

Old 11-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

A question for you Android owners... When you do a firmware update, is it like WinMo & erases all your personal data?

If not, that's yet another HUGE selling point for me. Man... I'm SOOO tempted to jump ship from Sprint & go get me a Droid.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:23 PM

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

A question for you Android owners... When you do a firmware update, is it like WinMo & erases all your personal data?

If not, that's yet another HUGE selling point for me. Man... I'm SOOO tempted to jump ship from Sprint & go get me a Droid.

i havent down one yet sicne not available but there is a slot that you click for OTA updates and the pre didnt erase the data when doing so and the pre and android are both linux based so i dont think that this would either.... but you would ahve to wait for someone like pb to give you final word on that
Old 11-18-2009, 11:32 PM
MurdaROM Creator
Mobile Model: HTC Hero

View trentonmac's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View trentonmac's Photo Album Add trentonmac's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Everything works fine the sms bug is fixed and nothing gets reset. Now the wait for 2.0
Old 11-18-2009, 11:34 PM
The One
Mobile Model: HTC Hero/ Palm Pre

View blazingfate's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blazingfate's Photo Album Add blazingfate's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I just completed my firmware update. Roopull, all of my data is still intact. I'm still looking to see what has changed. First thing I noticed was that my apps that had the wrong name have been fixed. Though using the stock messaging app still seems to give the awake 100% problem. I'll give it a restart or two.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:36 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

i havent down one yet sicne not available but there is a slot that you click for OTA updates and the pre didnt erase the data when doing so and the pre and android are both linux based so i dont think that this would either.... but you would ahve to wait for someone like pb to give you final word on that
na it didn't erase anything,It's only a firmware update.Like ms do with computers...lol...

Old 11-18-2009, 11:39 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by blazingfate View Post

I just completed my firmware update. Roopull, all of my data is still intact. I'm still looking to see what has changed. First thing I noticed was that my apps that had the wrong name have been fixed. Though using the stock messaging app still seems to give the awake 100% problem. I'll give it a restart or two.

you're talking about the text mesage app?

Old 11-18-2009, 11:46 PM
The One
Mobile Model: HTC Hero/ Palm Pre

View blazingfate's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blazingfate's Photo Album Add blazingfate's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah the text message app had a major issue with the awake time of the phone. It appears that this has been corrected as well though now when I receive a text the GPS icon appears. I went ahead and turned off get my location from GPS until I figure out the relation between the text app and that.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:58 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by blazingfate View Post

Yeah the text message app had a major issue with the awake time of the phone. It appears that this has been corrected as well though now when I receive a text the GPS icon appears. I went ahead and turned off get my location from GPS until I figure out the relation between the text app and that.
well try this.use handcent sms and make sure you disable the sms notification for the default app otherwise you'll get two popup notifications..because right now my awake time for my phone is at 21% and i have a shit load of app installed

Old 11-19-2009, 12:11 AM
Mobile Model: touch pro

View chauleyb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View chauleyb's Photo Album Add chauleyb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Sprint Hero Firmware Update Released

i have a custom rom on my hero will the update interfere with the rom? in otha words do i need to go back stock b4 i do the update
Old 11-19-2009, 12:19 AM
OG Member

Re: Re Sprint Hero Firmware Update Released

“ Originally Posted by chauleyb View Post

i have a custom rom on my hero will the update interfere with the rom? in otha words do i need to go back stock b4 i do the update
i think you can't update on a custom rom.Wherever you got the rom has to update it with new files, like they do with wm roms.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Mobile Model: touch pro

View chauleyb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View chauleyb's Photo Album Add chauleyb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Sprint Hero Firmware Update Released

i think you can't update on a custom rom.Wherever you got the rom has to update it with new files, like they do with wm roms.
gotcha thanx!! ill update to the fresh rom then i found at ppcgeeks if n e one wanna post that here!! i would but im not sure if i suppose to ask the creator of the rom for permission to do that or what
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
firmware, hero, released, sprint, update