Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-30-2009, 08:46 AM
fanaticny fanaticny is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
buying an HDTV

Im currently looking for a tv and Im a little undecided on what to buy, basically im looking at these 2 32" sets; Vizio VL320M and Toshiba RV525R. So which one do you think has an edge over the other? will use it as a monitor too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fanaticny For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re buying an HDTV

“ Originally Posted by fanaticny View Post

Im currently looking for a tv and Im a little undecided on what to buy, basically im looking at these 2 32" sets; Vizio VL320M and Toshiba RV525R. So which one do you think has an edge over the other? will use it as a monitor too.
Wow congrats bro , i really think you should go with Vizio my girls dad has a 32 inch and boy the screen is amazing especially

Old 11-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: buying an HDTV

toshiba will a have a little clearer picture but i own a vizio myself and i love it. i got a 42 inch and look beautiful!
Old 11-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

If you have kids in the house, just make sure that what ever you buy has a glass front covering the screen... The ones with glass typically last longer as they don't get twisted as easily.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re buying an HDTV

hi whel none of the 2 lol i have samsung hd tv one of the best brands there new oled screen are amazing but if you whant to choos from these thosiba is good

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
SENIOR ADMIIN@SPJ

Old 11-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hahaha yup them are nice but i still feel that mitzubishi and samsung are the best... we have both at work and hot damn makes you cream when you look at them
Old 11-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re buying an HDTV

well according to my buddies at bestbuy, my specialty in Information technology, and being that I am a home theater enthusiast id go with the Toshiba Regza line, Vizios are ok and sell for one b/c they are not pricey and being we all kno about technology YOU always get what you pay for...I myself have a Toshiba Regza 1080p LCD TV from 3 years ago and its running stronnger then the the alot of the new stuff made by other companies. Of course in my living room I also got the Samsung LED 46 240HTZ hehehehehe....

So in other words go with the toshiba regza u wont disappoint and here are some pics of my toshiba in my bedroom:

And a shot of my growing blu ray collection, just noticed im missin about 6 more lol
Old 11-30-2009, 06:52 PM
fanaticny fanaticny is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re buying an HDTV

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

well according to my buddies at bestbuy, my specialty in Information technology, and being that I am a home theater enthusiast id go with the Toshiba Regza line, Vizios are ok and sell for one b/c they are not pricey and being we all kno about technology YOU always get what you pay for...I myself have a Toshiba Regza 1080p LCD TV from 3 years ago and its running stronnger then the the alot of the new stuff made by other companies. Of course in my living room I also got the Samsung LED 46 240HTZ hehehehehe....

So in other words go with the toshiba regza u wont disappoint and here are some pics of my toshiba in my bedroom:

And a shot of my growing blu ray collection, just noticed im missin about 6 more lol
wow nice TV you have there!!
I'll be honest for some reason i found it funny to see in you dvd collection "Sex and the City" so I laughed ...........ok back to topic, I was off from work and my cousin called to hang out, we ended up going to stores looking for tv's, since he works at walmart it made sense to go there and see what's available, to cut the story short I bought a Vizio 37" V0370M since they didn't have the 32" i wanted. This 37" was priced at $597, so I asked if they had more in stock, they did!, then I asked about the price( I knew the price, but my instincts said: "ask her to go find out in the warehouse"), she came back and said: $559(or so) + tax, so I went for it, add my cousin's employee discount and with tax included I paid $537(or so) . The worst part was to take it home, I drove my Eclipse spyder and it was a rainy day here in NY, got the top down to get the box in, tried to get it back up and the box would not let it lol, i drove home with my top down, a brand new tv in the back seat and rain + rain +rain + my cousin was embarrased hahahaha, i was laughing the whole time, and ppl looked at us in disbelief.......hahahahha.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re buying an HDTV

“ Originally Posted by fanaticny View Post

wow nice TV you have there!!
I'll be honest for some reason i found it funny to see in you dvd collection "Sex and the City" so I laughed ...........ok back to topic, I was off from work and my cousin called to hang out, we ended up going to stores looking for tv's, since he works at walmart it made sense to go there and see what's available, to cut the story short I bought a Vizio 37" V0370M since they didn't have the 32" i wanted. This 37" was priced at $597, so I asked if they had more in stock, they did!, then I asked about the price( I knew the price, but my instincts said: "ask her to go find out in the warehouse"), she came back and said: $559(or so) + tax, so I went for it, add my cousin's employee discount and with tax included I paid $537(or so) . The worst part was to take it home, I drove my Eclipse spyder and it was a rainy day here in NY, got the top down to get the box in, tried to get it back up and the box would not let it lol, i drove home with my top down, a brand new tv in the back seat and rain + rain +rain + my cousin was embarrased hahahaha, i was laughing the whole time, and ppl looked at us in disbelief.......hahahahha.
eh I wouldve never bit the dust on the vizios..when it comes to stuff like that u wanna stay with the Top of the line products...but hey to each is own...and about the sex and the city, I have a wife lol...not all movies can be about action
Old 11-30-2009, 11:11 PM
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2
Mobile OS: 6.1

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re buying an HDTV

Code

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A3139066&dgc=SS&cid=27530&lid=627063
just bought this for my son for christmas.... 50,000: 1 contrast ratio

very nice 1080p tv for 395.00 plus tax and free shipping

Old 12-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re buying an HDTV

“ Originally Posted by spivey8 View Post

Code

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A3139066&dgc=SS&cid=27530&lid=627063
just bought this for my son for christmas.... 50,000: 1 contrast ratio

very nice 1080p tv for 395.00 plus tax and free shipping
Wow thats a very nice price for that tv , good pick bro

Old 12-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View CrAshTaH's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CrAshTaH's Photo Album Add CrAshTaH's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I would say buy whatever you get the most bang for the buck. The most expensive thing this year will cost half that in a couple years. It just not worth it.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
buying, hdtv