Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-24-2009, 03:38 AM
cookz123z cookz123z is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: palm pre
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: WebOS

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View cookz123z's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cookz123z's Photo Album Add cookz123z's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Should i leave my palm pre and get an iphone 3gs

Hey,haven't posted on here in a LONG time. I know have a palm pre,its a good phone just got kind of bored with it already. Im thinking about going to at&t and getting the iphone 3gs but i want some opinions on what i should do so i came here. What should i do and why? thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cookz123z For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2009, 09:27 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Should i leave my palm pre and get an iphone 3gs

I had a palm pre and was really disappointed due to the lack of basically everything. Imo what it has over the iphone is the keyboard and multitasking. If thats not important to you, get an iphone by all means. WeboS needs a lot of time till it becomes a true contender, i blame the sdk mostly.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Should i leave my palm pre and get an iphone 3gs

“ Originally Posted by cookz123z View Post

Hey,haven't posted on here in a LONG time. I know have a palm pre,its a good phone just got kind of bored with it already. Im thinking about going to at&t and getting the iphone 3gs but i want some opinions on what i should do so i came here. What should i do and why? thanks
coming from someone that owned and used both phones heavily i would say that in my opinion you would get bored with the iphone just as fast if not faster than the pre.... in my opinion you are a wm user if you like hacking, flashing, etc and should stay there... the iphone is a great phone but no multitasking and the same ole interface gets old to me.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Mobile Model: Mogul, Pro, Iphone
Mobile Carrier: Sprint, At&t

View nadcicle's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nadcicle's Photo Album Add nadcicle's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I keep hearing no multitasking, but I downloaded a program that allows you to minimize stuff without closing it down completely on the iphone and open something else up ... To me that sounds like multitasking.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,017 Times in 393 Posts

View ronaldsdv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ronaldsdv's Photo Album Add ronaldsdv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

OK ... so here is the deal I have heard the Palm Pre has a lot to offer and with Sprint is the perfect match in my opinion with the proper plan .. is a great deal .... In contrast to that, you have the iphone that they charge you for txt messages, data, and the plans are way up there .... my friend has a iphone and he complains all the time hahaha
Old 10-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by nadcicle View Post

I keep hearing no multitasking, but I downloaded a program that allows you to minimize stuff without closing it down completely on the iphone and open something else up ... To me that sounds like multitasking.
yes, the iphone has multitasking as of now, and there is even a sweeter multitasking app coming out that my boy broski showed me, so yeah, the iphone will be better than the pre.......

this is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p_-rPAiuOs

Old 10-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Mobile Model: iphone 3gs
Mobile Carrier: at&t
Mobile OS: Iphone

View claudius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View claudius's Photo Album Add claudius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well i had the iphone for a month now first 2 weeks i was bored but after i jailbroke it i been having the best fun in the world from playing scrable with my friends you play your moves when u want to doing the the day the different themes is pretty cool basically jailbreaking it change my life i got an app for everything that commercial was not lyin
Old 10-25-2009, 12:26 AM
Mobile Model: TP One

View ppopper78's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ppopper78's Photo Album Add ppopper78's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I would not leave now with the mobile to mobile sprint plans out and the iphone is too main stream.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View CrAshTaH's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CrAshTaH's Photo Album Add CrAshTaH's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

The iphone is a better phone for the casual user than anything on any other carrier to me. The windows mobile phones just don't have a snappy feel to them. The capacitive screen is nice too, but the pre already has that.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:14 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by CrAshTaH View Post

The iphone is a better phone for the casual user than anything on any other carrier to me. The windows mobile phones just don't have a snappy feel to them. The capacitive screen is nice too, but the pre already has that.
as do android phones as well on the capacitive screen part goes and android is getting the users from simplicity of use too
Old 12-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View CrAshTaH's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CrAshTaH's Photo Album Add CrAshTaH's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

The Hero was still a resistive touch screen though right? I really wonder why they even make resistive touch screens anymore?
Old 12-01-2009, 02:10 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

coming from someone that owned and used both phones heavily i would say that in my opinion you would get bored with the iphone just as fast if not faster than the pre.... in my opinion you are a wm user if you like hacking, flashing, etc and should stay there... the iphone is a great phone but no multitasking and the same ole interface gets old to me.

if you jailbreak your iPhone then there is no need for the same old interface....just so you know

Old 12-01-2009, 02:11 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

oh and you you can also multitask when its jailbroken with an a specific app...I know it not ready for this out of the box...but the wm phone are not always to our liking out of the box either thats why we flash new and better roms onto them!

Old 12-01-2009, 04:43 PM

Re: Re Should i leave my palm pre and get an iphone 3gs

“ Originally Posted by ICEM/\N View Post

oh and you you can also multitask when its jailbroken with an a specific app...I know it not ready for this out of the box...but the wm phone are not always to our liking out of the box either thats why we flash new and better roms onto them!
well i should say the multi tasking is out of date and not really changeable... skinnable yes but what other user interfaces does the iphone possess? anything besides shortcuts only?
Old 12-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Should i leave my palm pre and get an iphone 3gs

well i should say the multi tasking is out of date and not really changeable... skinnable yes but what other user interfaces does the iphone possess? anything besides shortcuts only?
it aint all about UI all the time, its what the phone can do...and right now everyone knows the iphone basically can do it all in 1 or 2 ez steps, from ordering pizza, ordering ur coffee, paying your bils, buying from ebay, paying other ppl thru the paypal app, buying from amazon, craigslist, the twitter apps are a million times better, the facebook app destroys wm facebook app, soon you can swipe ur credit card or bank card from the iphone with a small little magnet reader using an app, unlock, lock, open the trunk, remote start ur car using the iphone viper app, several multi tasking apps that work better then any of wm multi tasking apps like kirikae and multiflow, and cydget, if u dont want to take ur iphone out ur pockets while listening to the music theres an app to swipe gesture using the screen...social network uploading is superior to that of wm and pre's...and for UI theres cydget, for widgets, and another for thats similiar to that of a sidekick... and 100 thousand more apps plus more that exists in the jailbreak community...
Yea no KB or cant change battery but who cares those are small little weenie things, lets not 4get iphone has 800MB CPU, 256 RAM, and 16 or 32gb storage, with multitouch and capacitive, light sensor and proximity sensor aswell...anymore info u need let me know...the only thing u have to worry about is ATT'S crappy 3G service
Old 12-01-2009, 09:35 PM

Re: Re Re Should i leave my palm pre and get an iphone 3gs

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

it aint all about UI all the time, its what the phone can do...and right now everyone knows the iphone basically can do it all in 1 or 2 ez steps, from ordering pizza, ordering ur coffee, paying your bils, buying from ebay, paying other ppl thru the paypal app, buying from amazon, craigslist, the twitter apps are a million times better, the facebook app destroys wm facebook app, soon you can swipe ur credit card or bank card from the iphone with a small little magnet reader using an app, unlock, lock, open the trunk, remote start ur car using the iphone viper app, several multi tasking apps that work better then any of wm multi tasking apps like kirikae and multiflow, and cydget, if u dont want to take ur iphone out ur pockets while listening to the music theres an app to swipe gesture using the screen...social network uploading is superior to that of wm and pre's...and for UI theres cydget, for widgets, and another for thats similiar to that of a sidekick... and 100 thousand more apps plus more that exists in the jailbreak community...
Yea no KB or cant change battery but who cares those are small little weenie things, lets not 4get iphone has 800MB CPU, 256 RAM, and 16 or 32gb storage, with multitouch and capacitive, light sensor and proximity sensor aswell...anymore info u need let me know...the only thing u have to worry about is ATT'S crappy 3G service
tell me this though broski, sure the iphone HAS those capabilities and your dissing wm and android in some instances cause they dont. but is it because developers havent made it yet or because they arent compatible.... if wm devices can do it but not have it made yet whats better about the iphone than?
Old 12-01-2009, 09:44 PM

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Should i leave my palm pre and get an iphone 3gs

tell me this though broski, sure the iphone HAS those capabilities and your dissing wm and android in some instances cause they dont. but is it because developers havent made it yet or because they arent compatible.... if wm devices can do it but not have it made yet whats better about the iphone than?
no im not dissin wm i own a sprint tp2 aswell... its been 5-7 odd years since wm been out, they didnt have to wait for the iphone to set the trend in the future of smartphones...wm is dope with its unique and diverse phones but iphone is by itself right now man...u every try having 10 apps open in a wm? I have and I have on an iphone and iphone rocked my tp2 out man...and u answered ur own question, wm dont have it made now,iphone does and droid is following with the apps, its apps and use ability what people want.not about what it will do in a year from now, u get my drift.... but for the hardcore tech like us we prefer wm b/c its sumtin we can take and make it better then what it comes out the box..iphone is already great out the box very fast, stable, efficient, no memory leak lol...
Old 12-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Oh, dear. I couldn't even read that post you quoted, D/\SH. Browski, is punctuation and basic grammar really that much of a challenge? It made my head hurt trying to decipher that nonsense.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:59 PM

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

Oh, dear. I couldn't even read that post you quoted, D/\SH. Browski, is punctuation and basic grammar really that much of a challenge? It made my head hurt trying to decipher that nonsense.
huh? almost all the words are spelled out right, i just cut some words short...this aint grammar school homie, I graduated from college already and with honors at that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! read again and spell my name right teach.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
3gs, iphone, iphone 3gs, leave, palm, pre