Old 12-30-2009, 12:29 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC Confirms that HD2 Gets Windows Mobile 7 on Twitter

HTC Confirms that HD2 Gets Windows Mobile 7 on Twitter

We just got an interesting news tip pointing to the HTC Twitter account from Russia. The tweet mentions that the only HTC device currently on the market to receive a Windows Mobile 7 upgrade will be the HD2. And we've suspected this for a while, considering that the HD2 meets Microsoft's hardware requirements for Windows Mobile 7. Here's what they said:

for Diamond 2 firmware is not planned. Of the existing communicators on the market, only the HD2 firmware to get WM7.

Hopefully what we see here is a true (and considering that this was said by an official HTC rep, it should be), because the HD2 is going to turn out to be one of the most popular smartphones of all time. If it's getting an upgrade to 7, this will make a lot of people happy.

Thanks for the tip, av8612.

(via: HTC Russia Twitter)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2009, 12:33 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re HTC Confirms that HD2 Gets Windows Mobile 7 on Twitter

SWEEET!!! I was hoping it would, man once I get that phone I might be ok for about a yr.... I think that device will keep me happy for a while!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re HTC Confirms that HD2 Gets Windows Mobile 7 on Twitter

“ Originally Posted by ON3/\L View Post

SWEEET!!! I was hoping it would, man once I get that phone I might be ok for about a yr.... I think that device will keep me happy for a while!
Wow that phone would be amazing to have i wouldnt leave it alone lol but damng i love m tp2

Old 12-30-2009, 12:44 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re Re HTC Confirms that HD2 Gets Windows Mobile 7 on Twitter

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

Wow that phone would be amazing to have i wouldnt leave it alone lol but damng i love m tp2
yea you love it now, than it will be sold for the new girl on the block.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re HTC Confirms that HD2 Gets Windows Mobile 7 on Twitter

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yea you love it now, than it will be sold for the new girl on the block.
yea, mine will be placed on a shelf with my 2 TP's.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Mobile Model: iphone 3gs
Mobile Carrier: at&t
Mobile OS: Iphone

View claudius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View claudius's Photo Album Add claudius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC Confirms that HD2 Gets Windows Mobile 7 on Twitter

this sounds to beautiful gonna have to let go of my iphone is tmobile the olny getting the hd2 or am i wrong
Old 12-31-2009, 02:23 AM

Re: HTC Confirms that HD2 Gets Windows Mobile 7 on Twitter

“ Originally Posted by claudius View Post

this sounds to beautiful gonna have to let go of my iphone is tmobile the olny getting the hd2 or am i wrong
thats all we know of for sure as of yet. im sure that sprint will try to pick it up if not pick it up as well as others like verizon and of course at&t.... who gets it though? i could only guess... (i havent heard any others for sure but correct me if im wrong guys)
Old 12-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thats all we know of for sure as of yet. im sure that sprint will try to pick it up if not pick it up as well as others like verizon and of course at&t.... who gets it though? i could only guess... (i havent heard any others for sure but correct me if im wrong guys)
thats all i've heard or found as well. its all speculation right now.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:15 AM
She's BACK
Mobile Model: TP2, Iphone, Cliq
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile, At&t
Mobile OS: 6.1

View simplyput3456's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View simplyput3456's Photo Album Add simplyput3456's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm so excited about this phone. Every report I've read states its only going to be on T-mobile.. but we'll see...I know SOMEBODY is going to be buying this for me!!

Old 12-31-2009, 02:34 PM

Re: Re HTC Confirms that HD2 Gets Windows Mobile 7 on Twitter

“ Originally Posted by simplyput3456 View Post

I'm so excited about this phone. Every report I've read states its only going to be on T-mobile.. but we'll see...I know SOMEBODY is going to be buying this for me!!
hahah dang you are lucky girl! and yeah it will come to t-mobile first but a gsm company seems to always get the phone before cdma since they still need time to be converted....i can see this coming out for other providers but at least 4-6 months after t-mobiles.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:59 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re HTC Confirms that HD2 Gets Windows Mobile 7 on Twitter

hahah dang you are lucky girl! and yeah it will come to t-mobile first but a gsm company seems to always get the phone before cdma since they still need time to be converted....i can see this coming out for other providers but at least 4-6 months after t-mobiles.
That is correct.. although there is no actual fact, I am willing to bet money that Sprint & Verizon will have this along with AT&T. Tmobile is just 1st.. think about it... They have ALL carried every other HTC phone and all other Touch Pro's etc, this one is better than all the rest it would be suicide to not carry it! Bet on this being available for CDMA sometime next year maybe 3rd quarter. YES that is ONLY my opinion... BUT my opinion is based of a lot of FACTS so now only time will tell.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
confirms, hd2, htc, mobile, twitter, windows