Old 12-28-2009, 12:13 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
At&t Online Stops Selling iPhones In New York

At&t Online Stops Selling iPhones In New York

It appears as though At&t’s next step in preventing network overload may be to temporarily (or permanently) stop selling the iPhone online in those areas that have been experiencing problems. If you go to At&t’s website and enter any New York zip code, you will get a message that says “Sorry this Package is not available in your area”, but all other smartphones are still available.
An At&t online support rep claimed that it was taken off the website due to “fraudulent activity”, but couldn’t provide anymore details. An AT&T spokesperson, Fletcher Cook told Consumerist that “We periodically modify our promotions and distribution channels.”
If you really want the iPhone, you can still purchase the iPhone through the Apple Store or corporate At&t stores with an AT&T contract.
Source: Neowin
Old 12-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Att Online Stops Selling iPhones In New York

DUDE, verizon is so gonna hop on this chance to make more commercials man...like WTF are they really doing? Stop selling iphones b/c of congestion? that is the dumbest thing ever bro. I guess that 850mhz spectrum they released in the summer was for shit!!!! My iphones speeds are so slow right now it aint even funny, and i got like 20 people with iphones walkin up to me asking me if im getting good signals n shit. Like wtf, did they forget they r the 2nd biggest carrier b.c of the iphone
Old 12-29-2009, 12:23 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re Att Online Stops Selling iPhones In New York

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

DUDE, verizon is so gonna hop on this chance to make more commercials man...like WTF are they really doing? Stop selling iphones b/c of congestion? that is the dumbest thing ever bro. I guess that 850mhz spectrum they released in the summer was for shit!!!! My iphones speeds are so slow right now it aint even funny, and i got like 20 people with iphones walkin up to me asking me if im getting good signals n shit. Like wtf, did they forget they r the 2nd biggest carrier b.c of the iphone
hahahaha word and only going to get worse from there.... this will def mean wayyyy less sales for sure. bad choice at&t instead of suing build tours make it false than sue when they do again
Old 01-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View ActionPlyr's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ActionPlyr's Photo Album Add ActionPlyr's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: At&t Online Stops Selling iPhones In New York

ahhh this would be a great reason for the iphone to come to sprint!
Old 01-01-2010, 03:26 PM

“ Originally Posted by ActionPlyr View Post

ahhh this would be a great reason for the iphone to come to sprint!
or even verizon with the network to back up all the members... why go to sprint the 3rd largest when they could go to the largest and get more sales without having to worry about the network... but if they are going to expand i see them going with whoever will carry their product as well... hell they didnt care when they went with at&t even though we all knew there coverage was horrible.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View ActionPlyr's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ActionPlyr's Photo Album Add ActionPlyr's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

found this article online, they resumed online sales in new york

AppleInsider | AT&T resumes online iPhone sales to New York City residents
Old 01-01-2010, 04:12 PM

“ Originally Posted by ActionPlyr View Post

found this article online, they resumed online sales in new york

AppleInsider | AT&T resumes online iPhone sales to New York City residents

but not in stores still is a huge crunch on the sales and such of the device....... maby they should improve the network instead of limiting the network ion the largest most influential area arguably.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
atandt, iphones, online, selling, stops, york