puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Installing a 64bit OS

why is it so difficult to install a os on a 64bit machine? i never had issue with 32 bits.My C drive locked on me, so i took my hd to a friend of mines so he can check it out,I ended up buying a new hd.
It took me almost 3 hours trying to install the os through my cd drive.But being that windows7 it's about 3 gigs and i had it on a dvd disk and with that it wasn't reading it.I had to use my sons 8 gig stick and put the os in it and finally got it to work.Oh by the way luckily i backup my stuff.

any pointers just in case i run into any issues?

The Following User Says Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Installing a 64bit OS

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

why is it so difficult to install a os on a 64bit machine? i never had issue with 32 bits.My C drive locked on me, so i took my hd to a friend of mines so he can check it out,I ended up buying a new hd.
It took me almost 3 hours trying to install the os through my cd drive.But being that windows7 it's about 3 gigs and i had it on a dvd disk and with that it wasn't reading it.I had to use my sons 8 gig stick and put the os in it and finally got it to work.Oh by the way luckily i backup my stuff.

any pointers just in case i run into any issues?
i dont have any issues and windows 7 took me literalrly 15-20 minutes to put on my x64 bit system. i have had 64 bit in xp, vista ultimate, and seven ultimate asnd never faced the issues and never had the c drive lock up either.....
Old 01-08-2010, 05:49 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Installing a 64bit OS

Same here, hell I have my 64bit system dual booted and I can easily separate partitions, and have no problem installing and os that's compatible on here.. no problems at all. I'm not sure what happened, but it seems as the hardware wasn't compatible with the os...not the fact that it was 64bit... I am no pro but just my opinion. Sorry you had so much trouble good luck and let us know if anything we can do!
Old 01-08-2010, 06:02 PM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re Installing a 64bit OS

“ Originally Posted by ON3/\L View Post

Same here, hell I have my 64bit system dual booted and I can easily separate partitions, and have no problem installing and os that's compatible on here.. no problems at all. I'm not sure what happened, but it seems as the hardware wasn't compatible with the os...not the fact that it was 64bit... I am no pro but just my opinion. Sorry you had so much trouble good luck and let us know if anything we can do!

thanks, I have everything completed and backup, but i just found that the 64bit system is a bit more complicated then the 32.But i gain alot of knowledge on it and I'm better prepared for this system on the next go around.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:07 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Installing a 64bit OS

thanks, I have everything completed and backup, but i just found that the 64bit system is a bit more complicated then the 32.But i gain alot of knowledge on it and I'm better prepared for this system on the next go around.
You're exactly right my friend. It seems frustrating atm, but you gain much wisdom messing with these complex machines, lol.. and gray hairs! They can be your best friend...or your worst nightmare.. all in the same day even. Well glad you got it situated and luckly it's been smooth sailing on my end. I like 64bit though.. I only use 32 at work when I have to. Every now and then you find a compatibility issue, but most all wks on 64 for Windows 7 anyway.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

word and dont you run a 64 bit machine for the server?

“ Originally Posted by ON3/\L View Post

You're exactly right my friend. It seems frustrating atm, but you gain much wisdom messing with these complex machines, lol.. and gray hairs! They can be your best friend...or your worst nightmare.. all in the same day even. Well glad you got it situated and luckly it's been smooth sailing on my end. I like 64bit though.. I only use 32 at work when I have to. Every now and then you find a compatibility issue, but most all wks on 64 for Windows 7 anyway.
hahah aint that for sure and i havent found too many apps but there are some that still have compatibility problems. love the extra security that x64 gives you as well.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:22 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

word and dont you run a 64 bit machine for the server?

hahah aint that for sure and i havent found too many apps but there are some that still have compatibility problems. love the extra security that x64 gives you as well.

na its 32 bit..plus there's not to many compatible software for the server that will work properly...

Old 01-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch wm6.5

Thanked 1,869 Times in 516 Posts

View menikfire's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View menikfire's Photo Album Add menikfire's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Installing a 64bit OS

i personally never had a problem installing any os on a 64bit!!!
i also have my own custom machine dual booted and like my man ON3AL said
I can easily separate partitions create them and delete them, and have no problem installing any windows os!!!
as for the C: drive locking on you Boss i actually came across a problem like that on my wifes lappy.
it actually locked on her!!!
and some friend of mine 2!!!!
at first i did not know how to fix it but in my A+ class they told me how to do some real sick format to work around this problem!!!
and hey it saved me money because i to was about to buy a new one lol!!!
and as for the compatibility problems on a 64bit there are many programs that can be installed to run as a 32xbit !!! specially on windows 7 thats one of the cool things one can do the most!!!
and they work great!!!

i dont know the good thing is that you backedup your machine !!! lol

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
64bit, installing