Google I/O dates announced for 2022

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-17-2022, 08:56 AM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Rss Feed Google I/O dates announced for 2022

Google I/O dates announced for 2022

• Google I/O 2022 will take place from May 11 through May 12.
  • That is one fewer day than usual for I/O.
  • As with previous years, the event will be mostly virtual but will take place in the Shoreline Amphitheatre.

Today, Google posted its annual puzzle to figure out the dates for the next Google I/O event. This year’s puzzle was a bit trickier than previous years. It took hours for people to solve it when it usually is deduced in minutes.

Now that it’s been solved, Sundar Pichai took to Twitter to announce the official Google I/O 2022 dates: May 11 through May 12. That is a day fewer than we usually see from I/O. It’s also on a Wednesday, which is strange since Google usually starts the event on a Tuesday.

As with the past few years, Google won’t be selling tickets for in-person attendance. The event will be virtual and screened online for everyone for free. However, Pichai did confirm that Google will hold the event at the Shoreline Amphitheatre this year, which it hasn’t done since 2019.

In attendance at the amphitheatre will be “a limited live audience.” Since Google is not opening tickets to the general public, we assume this audience will be filled with Googlers and other people close to the company, which is what the company did at last year’s event. If Google does end up issuing press passes, we will do what we can to get tickets.

Google I/O 2022 will undoubtedly be filled with news on Android 13. There could also be a new hardware launch, with the possibility of the Google Pixel 6a making an appearance. Google will probably post its calendar of events soon, which will give us a better idea of what to expect.

More...
Post New ThreadReply