Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

“ Originally Posted by meansixx View Post

i went to sprint on satrday cause my pro wouldnt power up so they was gonna give me the pro 2 but they was out of stock and the warehouse was out of stock so now there gonna send me another pro. as many times ive been there cause of the issues of this phone they know me pretty good so all i gotta do is call them to see if they are available and just bring the phone back and they will give me the pro 2. cant wait cause that save money that i can use for something else.
i went in today and they wanted to give me another pro also but after i told them about the WEL list, they said the tp2 was out of stock and then he asked if my address was the same and now they are send me a brand new tp2 to my house. So i hope i get it tomm from ups.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:41 PM
MurdaROM Creator
Mobile Model: HTC Hero

View trentonmac's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View trentonmac's Photo Album Add trentonmac's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

I was talking to a sprint rep (which we all know are not the smartest) about this and he said that they received an email about people taking advantage of this and that they where no longer doing this. I'm sure some reps will not care or know about this but just passing on the information I've heard.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I am relocking as i type. Going to go to instore and give it a try in next hr. did some hex editing of the stock rom. So it should run like shit bad if it even boots......lol
Old 10-12-2009, 03:43 PM
jr5416 jr5416 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

I am relocking as i type. Going to go to instore and give it a try in next hr. did some hex editing of the stock rom. So it should run like shit bad if it even boots......lol
Lol what a beast messing with registry to get ur hands on that tp2 ,Very smart idea

Old 10-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Tallest Member

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well after 8 or 9 tp, i think they owe it to me

Old 10-12-2009, 06:31 PM

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Dont hold your breath. i was offered a htc snap a few black berrys. a blacberry tour..plus a palm treo....i laughed. wouldnt budge on the pro 2. tried saying it wasnt in his system to order. Come to find out the repair center isn't corporate owned.So a very nice lady with retentions is going to call me back shortly hopefully with good news. my account had been documented by a instore tech for replacement. now just to get the pro 2. she realized closes corporate is over a hr away.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Tallest Member

in case someone didnt get these screen shots.

Code

http://yfrog.com/2mfreetp2part1p

Code

http://yfrog.com/2mfreetp2part2p

Old 10-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.5

View chufo68's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View chufo68's Photo Album Add chufo68's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

Lol what a beast messing with registry to get ur hands on that tp2 ,Very smart idea
as long as they don't do a hard reset to try and resolve the issue
Old 10-12-2009, 08:14 PM

Re Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

“ Originally Posted by chufo68 View Post

as long as they don't do a hard reset to try and resolve the issue
lol thats why you gotta be smart. mex with it via hex editor. thus its like prego...its already in their...hard reboot all ya want .....lol did it with mine.... got offered phones. but still waiting on my call back.

--------- New Post Merged on 13/10/2009 at 0717 --------

aight they called me back....fnally like at 10:45pm. lol

so they offered me the touch pro 2 free if i go off my 5 dollar unlimited data package....basically making it the 30 dollar pack. or pay the mir of 100 and keep my 5 dollar data. So i decided to pay the 100 for the phone and keep my 5 dollar data. Its still cheaper in long run. my pro 2 will be here in a few short days....I can't wait......
Old 10-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View lacanfeisxn's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lacanfeisxn's Photo Album Add lacanfeisxn's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Got mine ordered today too. I just showed em that oil slick blob thing with the screen and they said no problem and offered the upgrade. Told me 3-5 wrk days. I just decided to check my voicemail a few minutes ago and they said they're outta stock in the warehouse. Now I gotta sit and wait.
Wow so that's not what I was reading this thread about, but that is exactly what my TP did two weeks ago, a 1 inch by 1.5 inch rectangle in middle of screen that looks like a swirly rainbow oil slick. Though I doubt they'll replace my phone, It's my second (the first keyboard died, this one when it died they just replaced the keyboard inside and haven't had problems since), but she's pretty beat up from a ride off a roof I was working on.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Tallest Member

LOOK WHAT JUST CAME

Old 10-13-2009, 11:10 AM

“ Originally Posted by spivey8 View Post

LOOK WHAT JUST CAME

wow nice side by side... that thing is big like a iphone....cool i so cant wait till mine comes...how many days did it take....im hoping mines here tomorrow...
Old 10-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Mobile Model: Touch P.R.O. 2

View hctr68's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View hctr68's Photo Album Add hctr68's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

wow sucess stories are great im debating wether to try it or not, im really eerie of doing it only cause i have never tried puting a claim on a phone b 4 and would have to mess with the registry since my pro has been working flawlessly.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Tallest Member

wow nice side by side... that thing is big like a iphone....cool i so cant wait till mine comes...how many days did it take....im hoping mines here tomorrow...
1 DAY... they overnight all there phones.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:24 PM

“ Originally Posted by hctr68 View Post

wow sucess stories are great im debating wether to try it or not, im really eerie of doing it only cause i have never tried puting a claim on a phone b 4 and would have to mess with the registry since my pro has been working flawlessly.
in order for it to work you have to have 3 or more replacements in past 6 months...

--------- New Post Merged on 13/10/2009 at 0532 --------

cool im hoping so. i have had 2 day before....she said 4 to 5 ...but i am hoping tomorrow......
Old 10-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

in order for it to work you have to have 3 or more replacements in past 6 months...

--------- New Post Merged on 13/10/2009 at 0532 --------

cool im hoping so. i have had 2 day before....she said 4 to 5 ...but i am hoping tomorrow......
they told me the same but i got overnight
Old 10-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well, took my TP in yesterday and they replaced it with another TP, should be here tomorrow. Prolly gonna keep it a day or two then take it back and swap again....then I'll just repeat the process if need be. You Kaos, PM what you did with the Hex Editor so I can have that option banked.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Tallest Member

the dude told me that they tell everyone 3 to 5, but when you get it the next day your like WOW.... nice trick

Old 10-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View chufo68's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View chufo68's Photo Album Add chufo68's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

geez what's the deal? i still get the out of stock answer. should i be buggin them everyday? i hate to do that when i feel they're doing ME the favor. nothing really wrong with my currant tp but the blob on the screen. how are some of you guys getting an overnighted phone?
Old 10-13-2009, 06:07 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

geez what's the deal? i still get the out of stock answer. should i be buggin them everyday? i hate to do that when i feel they're doing ME the favor. nothing really wrong with my currant tp but the blob on the screen. how are some of you guys getting an overnighted phone?
same way as said over and over in this thread.... if one tech or one store doesnt work go to another if there is another repair center/ corporate store around you... just like when over the phone it can vary by person you talk to and the day
Old 10-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View rwcj63's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View rwcj63's Photo Album Add rwcj63's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

just as a follow up to my postings.... I called the repair center today that i had went to saturday and was told my TP2 was ordered today and will be here Thursday. woo hoo!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 06:55 PM

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post

just as a follow up to my postings.... I called the repair center today that i had went to saturday and was told my TP2 was ordered today and will be here Thursday. woo hoo!!!
congrats bro lol , im going tomm to see if i can get one for my girl ,then buy her the Probex theme and boy is she gonna have the best girl mobile around

Old 10-13-2009, 09:05 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

i thought sprint made an announcement that they won't do any replacement to tp2. they have plenty of tp on hand plus refurbish ones...i may be wrong tho !!!!
That is what they told me on the phone when my friend was trying to do it.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Mobile Model: Touch & Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: The Now Network

View mrpants20's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mrpants20's Photo Album Add mrpants20's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

lol thats why you gotta be smart. mex with it via hex editor. thus its like prego...its already in their...hard reboot all ya want ......
Any way we can get a quick explanation/tutorial on this? I'm on my 3rd or 4th and I've had this one less than a month and the keyboard stops working intermittently, it probably won't replicate if they check it out, it just happens a few times a week randomly and its annoying to have to soft reset just to text someone, not to mention the extra strain on the battery

Old 10-13-2009, 09:23 PM

View rwcj63's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View rwcj63's Photo Album Add rwcj63's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by mzlady26 View Post

That is what they told me on the phone when my friend was trying to do it.
that wasn't my understanding at all. i was told at the repair center that corporate wanted the TP gone because of all the problems.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:30 PM

Re: Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

that wasn't my understanding at all. i was told at the repair center that corporate wanted the TP gone because of all the problems.
that is correct.... most returned smartphone/pda device they have had by double the next in line...
Old 10-14-2009, 10:49 AM
hack fiend
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

View bbailey's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bbailey's Photo Album Add bbailey's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

my phone keeps dropping calls and not picking up on incoming calls. the other day i placed a call and a voice message stated "thank you for calling US Cellular, you are not able to place a call right know." I'm on Sprint!! what is this. hopefully I can get my hands on a TP2 before christmas.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Mobile Model: touch pro

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by bbailey View Post

my phone keeps dropping calls and not picking up on incoming calls. the other day i placed a call and a voice message stated "thank you for calling US Cellular, you are not able to place a call right know." I'm on Sprint!! what is this. hopefully I can get my hands on a TP2 before christmas.
Yea i know what u mean has happen to me before usually picking up us cell towers when roaming...i really hope u get it even before that...lol i know im pushing for 1 right now but no go...
Old 10-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO

View lacanfeisxn's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lacanfeisxn's Photo Album Add lacanfeisxn's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm taking mine in to the store an hour drive away on Friday. Honestly a TP2 would be nice, but more to the point, I just want a phone that WORKS. Not one I have to trick into doing what I want by cloak and daggers. Doing more research told me that the oil slick thing, and the backlight staying on after phone shut off isn't normal. He'll I've been living with that for over a month, not thinking anything of it. A repaired TP is fine. However I won't downgrade, I paid for my phone full retail, and don't like that I feel jipped. What matters to me is having a working phone that does what I need to do, when I need to. Without it I'm hurting at work, and in my personal life. I'm leery though with all the people making claims now, or hex editing their phone to make it bad. I mean seriously, if it works then all you want is the next toy. If all you want is the new toy, buy one. Even at full retail. But hacking a perfectly functional phone to make it not work, so you can get a new phone you have no guarantee works better? That just seems off.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:04 PM

Just came back from the store and they didnt give my girl the pro2 for the touch pro , then again they somehow fixed it .Guess im gonna have to talk to retentions

Old 10-14-2009, 06:57 PM

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Just came back from the store and they didnt give my girl the pro2 for the touch pro , then again they somehow fixed it .Guess im gonna have to talk to retentions
Oh man..youll get em next time just make sure u mess it up pretty good make it hard on them techs....lol
Old 10-14-2009, 07:00 PM

“ Originally Posted by parna1973 View Post

Oh man..youll get em next time just make sure u mess it up pretty good make it hard on them techs....lol
Lol i hear ya ,but i dont understand how they fixed it bro i stuck it in the microwave for 30 seconds thing blew up lol damn techs

Old 10-14-2009, 07:04 PM

Lmao thats Fu...ada try that ill be going home soon out of town sure gonna try that techs where i live r pretty dumb..
Old 10-14-2009, 07:43 PM

“ Originally Posted by parna1973 View Post

Lmao thats Fu...ada try that ill be going home soon out of town sure gonna try that techs where i live r pretty dumb..
I works bro i used to do it all the time with my tp ,i thinnk she left it in to short hey replaced everything on the phone, we just found out that the phone done work lol so shes taking it back tomm . The tech knew i had a custom rom but didnt care lol i cant flash to stock rom im guessing something got fried oops lol

Old 10-15-2009, 12:55 PM

Lol i hear ya ,but i dont understand how they fixed it bro i stuck it in the microwave for 30 seconds thing blew up lol damn techs
hahah they prolly gave you a new device ansd activated it back there..... is the esn the same? under ##778# check the original activation date.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:02 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hahah they prolly gave you a new device ansd activated it back there..... is the esn the same? under ##778# check the original activation date.
Nope same phone bro lol dont know how they did it , she went back today and they offer her a couple of phones but did not mention the tp2 to her .

Old 10-15-2009, 01:07 PM

Nope same phone bro lol dont know how they did it , she went back today and they offer her a couple of phones but did not mention the tp2 to her .
damn try different store or something.... thats about all i can think of.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:55 PM

Re Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

wrong.... being mine wasnt ordered from a corporate store. plus the closest around is a few hrs away. retentions did it through someone very high up in escalations. any way it will be 4 to 5...so far ordered monday. maybe here tomorrow....p.s i didnt mess with reg...that could be fixed by hard reset. i hex edited the rom to mess it up. they can hard reset all they want still issues are there...
Old 10-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Tallest Member

wrong.... being mine wasnt ordered from a corporate store. plus the closest around is a few hrs away. retentions did it through someone very high up in escalations. any way it will be 4 to 5...so far ordered monday. maybe here tomorrow....p.s i didnt mess with reg...that could be fixed by hard reset. i hex edited the rom to mess it up. they can hard reset all they want still issues are there...
dont know why they didnt overnight it, any phone they sent me has always been overnight.

but hope you get it soon

Old 10-15-2009, 07:58 PM

Re: Re Re Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

dont know why they didnt overnight it, any phone they sent me has always been overnight.

but hope you get it soon
yeah same here... that is weird that they gotta be hating on kaos like that
Old 10-15-2009, 08:51 PM

she said it was cause when they overnight it is a upgrade from a sales department. as it is a freebee more or less and im not paying they aint paying for over night it goes standard....what ever i still got it for 100 bucks **** it right....i know it left but they just cant give tracking...so tomorrow or monday...i hope tomorrow cause im stuck on couch till monday casue of back...i cant get bizzy on that biotch..
Old 10-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCH PRO DOUCES

View S/\NDM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View S/\NDM/\N's Photo Album Add S/\NDM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey bro send me a pm on the hex edited that does the trick...

i wouldnt heave any problem paying the 100 like u to get the tp2...
Old 10-16-2009, 12:00 AM
I Rock..u know it

View havox22's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View havox22's Photo Album Add havox22's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

“ Originally Posted by S/\NDM/\N View Post

yeah can i get that hex edited version of the stock rom.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:40 AM

Re Re Re Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

“ Originally Posted by S/\NDM/\N View Post

Code

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm
is the editor i used. im not going to post the rom though. you could actually brick it. just do what i did research how to change it. then change it for the worse.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:56 AM
I Rock..u know it

View havox22's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View havox22's Photo Album Add havox22's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Re Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

Code

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm
is the editor i used. im not going to post the rom though. you could actually brick it. just do what i did research how to change it. then change it for the worse.
hmm i think i mite just go for a broke keyboard but i mite try this if they wont exchange my phone 2maro

Old 10-16-2009, 08:20 AM

i picked up my TP2 last nite. i was shocked that they didn't try to switch me back to another TP1.

the bad news is that the tech told me that i was lucky to get the TP2 because sprint was already rethinking things. he freqents this and other forums (i know this because we have talked at length about it for months, when i go in the store looking at phones and such) and he specifically mentioned this thread. and a posting about altering the phone so it will appear to be damaged. he had mentioned this to his boss which has also went up the chain witin Sprint.

so, my friends. be careful with the alterations you are making.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:26 AM

i picked up my TP2 last nite. i was shocked that they didn't try to switch me back to another TP1.

the bad news is that the tech told me that i was lucky to get the TP2 because sprint was already rethinking things. he freqents this and other forums (i know this because we have talked at length about it for months, when i go in the store looking at phones and such) and he specifically mentioned this thread. and a posting about altering the phone so it will appear to be damaged. he had mentioned this to his boss which has also went up the chain witin Sprint.

Thanks for the info bro , i dont care waht it takes ,but im getting another tp2 wether its breaking it several times or simply just messing up the keyboard .By the way congrats on ur new pro ur gonna love it ,dont forget to buy a theme from probex ,best themes out there for the tp2 .

Old 10-16-2009, 09:40 AM

Thanks for the info bro , i dont care waht it takes ,but im getting another tp2 wether its breaking it several times or simply just messing up the keyboard .By the way congrats on ur new pro ur gonna love it ,dont forget to buy a theme from probex ,best themes out there for the tp2 .
thanks!! i'll take a look this weekend at what he has for sure.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:23 AM

View benmiller's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View benmiller's Photo Album Add benmiller's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hmmm Im pretty tempted to do this but I have only had oen touch pro that acted up so I went back to my touch and its been sitting around sense I didnt feel like paying 100 bucks to insurance to replace it I wonder if I really get on them about it and say that they can even roll my equipment upgrade if they wanted sense I am up for one. I want the best of the best and even though my vogue is running Android im just so tired of it.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:33 PM
SPJ Junkie
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

View meansixx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View meansixx's Photo Album Add meansixx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah i also talked to one of the reps here and they also said the word got around that alot of ppl have been taking advantage of this upgrade and they took it off the list here. but they were gonna try to get me one since ive been through so many, on my 10th right now, lol

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
pro, pro2, replacing, sprint, touch