Notices

Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Mobile Model: htc MOGUL

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View willielumpx2's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View willielumpx2's Photo Album Add willielumpx2's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

Update i contacted the Better Business Burea told them about the lemon I was sold they contacted sprint, sprint contacted the District manager, he or she contacted the local store had the store manager handle the upgrade in 2 weeks i will have the touchpro 2 and my assurion reset to 0 claims . I had zero frustration but probably will get dropped if i have anymore issues
Old 12-12-2009, 02:22 PM
previously codydavis22
Mobile Model: Motorola Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 6.5

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

your fine on the overheating since well known issue.
damn dash there trying to give me another TP......and I'm saying they told me last time that if it happened again they would swap me the TP2, and i said that i don't see the need to replace w/ another tp that will have the same issues. anything else i could say?

--------- New Post Merged on 12/12/2009 at 0321 --------

she also said there is no known issue that would cause overheating....lies
Old 12-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

“ Originally Posted by V I P View Post

damn dash there trying to give me another TP......and I'm saying they told me last time that if it happened again they would swap me the TP2, and i said that i don't see the need to replace w/ another tp that will have the same issues. anything else i could say?

--------- New Post Merged on 12/12/2009 at 0321 --------

tell her you should ave a choice after 3 phones in one year with the same problems...... tell them you want to talk to her manager... and with every person you talk to ask for their employee number
Old 12-12-2009, 02:35 PM
previously codydavis22
Mobile Model: Motorola Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

tell her you should ave a choice after 3 phones in one year with the same problems...... tell them you want to talk to her manager... and with every person you talk to ask for their employee number
Thanks bud.....i'm excalated pretty high now......so hoppefully they will be about to hook me up.

--------- New Post Merged on 12/12/2009 at 0337 --------

Thanks bud.....i'm excalated pretty high now......so hoppefully they will be about to hook me up.
they say the tp2 is not on the list but they say they can credit my account if i purchase the phone new

--------- New Post Merged on 12/12/2009 at 0432 --------

they told me i could buy any phone I want and they would credit it me the full price.

--------- New Post Merged on 12/12/2009 at 0730 --------

--------- New Post Merged on 12/12/2009 at 0337 --------

they say the tp2 is not on the list but they say they can credit my account if i purchase the phone new

--------- New Post Merged on 12/12/2009 at 0432 --------

they told me i could buy any phone I want and they would credit it me the full price.
This account manager gave me her actual cell # and said that she would keep the deal open for me for a month to decide. I'm not sure what I will do yet because $600 it a lot to put down on my phone bill even tho i wouldn't have to pay it for 8 months.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

Yeah, they're good with lies.

When I took mine into the corporate store because the GPS wasn't working, the girl asked me what programs I was using. I told her Google, Garmin, Bing, Amaze, Waze, GPSToday... everything but Sprint Nav. She then looked me in the eye and said, "Well, Sprint Nav is the only one that's guaranteed to work."

I looked her dead in the eye and said, "either you're misinformed or lying."

She looked like I slapped her in the face. I then explained, "When I got the phone, Sprint Nav didn't even come with it. Sprint released a compatible version months after the phone was released. The phone shipped with an earlier version of Bing. Bing is guaranteed to work. Bing does not work."

She stuttered, turned, and walked away. Her boss came over later and gave me a new Touch Pro.

It must be intimidating to have your customers know more about your devices and services than you do.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Mobile Model: Touch & Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: The Now Network

View mrpants20's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mrpants20's Photo Album Add mrpants20's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Re Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

....I looked her dead in the eye and said, "either you're misinformed or lying."....
this just made me laugh.... I'm so sick of playing their games

Old 01-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View ActionPlyr's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ActionPlyr's Photo Album Add ActionPlyr's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

So I went into Sprint today to try and see if I can get my Touch Pro replaced with the Touch Pro 2. I turned my phone into Sprint and said that sometimes the battery wont charge when plugged in, when it DOES charge it overheats, sometimes I can't answer calls when I have an application running (like GPS), and I have to always wait for the words that I type on screen to catch up and finish typing so that I can finally press send. All of these things are true. The technician looked at it and after 45 minutes he told me point blank that this phone is a piece of junk. He said that it's one of the worst phones that Sprint has ever released and I have a few options at this point. He told me that I could either A) Send away for another Touch Pro, or B) Replace my Touch Pro with either a Palm Pre, HTC Snap, or the Blackberry Curve. I didn't want to do either option because I wanted a full slide out keyboard with Windows Mobile and I didn't want to send away for another piece of junk Touch Pro.

I asked the Technician if I could trade it in for a Touch Pro 2 and he told me that there aren't any Touch Pro 2's in the warehouse and that he couldn't do that for me. I said well what if they come in, can I just come in and swap it out? He said he couldn't answer that question because he wasn't allowed.

I walked out of the store with my same crappy Touch Pro and I just figured I'd wait to ask you guys what I should do from this point on. I later learned that in trying to fix my phone, they broke the Vibrate on my phone as well as the Soft Reset button doesn't work anymore. WHAT DO I DO?! Should I call Sprint Customer Service and tell them about how they messed my phone up and see what they can do? I just can't believe they broke my phone even MORE than it already was.

On the bright side, I was THIS | | close to getting a Touch Pro 2.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:58 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by ActionPlyr View Post

So I went into Sprint today to try and see if I can get my Touch Pro replaced with the Touch Pro 2. I turned my phone into Sprint and said that sometimes the battery wont charge when plugged in, when it DOES charge it overheats, sometimes I can't answer calls when I have an application running (like GPS), and I have to always wait for the words that I type on screen to catch up and finish typing so that I can finally press send. All of these things are true. The technician looked at it and after 45 minutes he told me point blank that this phone is a piece of junk. He said that it's one of the worst phones that Sprint has ever released and I have a few options at this point. He told me that I could either A) Send away for another Touch Pro, or B) Replace my Touch Pro with either a Palm Pre, HTC Snap, or the Blackberry Curve. I didn't want to do either option because I wanted a full slide out keyboard with Windows Mobile and I didn't want to send away for another piece of junk Touch Pro.

I asked the Technician if I could trade it in for a Touch Pro 2 and he told me that there aren't any Touch Pro 2's in the warehouse and that he couldn't do that for me. I said well what if they come in, can I just come in and swap it out? He said he couldn't answer that question because he wasn't allowed.

I walked out of the store with my same crappy Touch Pro and I just figured I'd wait to ask you guys what I should do from this point on. I later learned that in trying to fix my phone, they broke the Vibrate on my phone as well as the Soft Reset button doesn't work anymore. WHAT DO I DO?! Should I call Sprint Customer Service and tell them about how they messed my phone up and see what they can do? I just can't believe they broke my phone even MORE than it already was.

On the bright side, I was THIS | | close to getting a Touch Pro 2.
if they broke additional stuff walk back into the store and have them look the ticket up and show them this wasnt mentioned on the ticket as what was wrong and now broke.. all should be documented and at that point you should have some leveridge over them for breaking your device further instead of repairing. and go today if that dude is still there and call him out on it... he may do whatever it takes to save his ass.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Also... make sure you're at a corporate Sprint store and not a licensed store. There's a big difference in what you'll be offered and what's available. The corporate stores are getting the TP2s first. Licensed stores, of course, get sloppy 2nds.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

if they broke additional stuff walk back into the store and have them look the ticket up and show them this wasnt mentioned on the ticket as what was wrong and now broke.. all should be documented and at that point you should have some leveridge over them for breaking your device further instead of repairing. and go today if that dude is still there and call him out on it... he may do whatever it takes to save his ass.

Also... make sure you're at a corporate Sprint store and not a licensed store. There's a big difference in what you'll be offered and what's available. The corporate stores are getting the TP2s first. Licensed stores, of course, get sloppy 2nds.
happened to me once when i had a mogul. there were 2 $print stores near the Florida Mall in Orlando. One corporate, hidden in within a shopping center and one licensed. Guess which one i walked into? yea. I had to call assurian to get a new phone. @$$es.

strangely enough the licensed store is no longer there.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:13 PM

yup thats for sure and who likes the sloppy seconds?

corporate stores also look better on the records for when stuff does go wrong with your device... after enough no bullshit corporate store visit for troubles you will get better luck not having to go in because if the "long drive" from your residence to the corporate store. build trust with them and they trust you back....

THAN YOU **** EM OVER!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 01-07-2010, 09:58 PM

View ActionPlyr's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ActionPlyr's Photo Album Add ActionPlyr's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

So I just went into the store to talk to them and tell them what happened. I said that before I came into the store, my vibrate and soft reset button were working but after I left, they stopped functioning. They said they didn't even work on my phone so it's impossible that they don't work anymore. I said, so how can you even tell me that my phone is not repairable? They said that from what I told them was wrong with it, they can just decide that they can't fix it. It seemed to me that something was really fishy. The guy then proceeded to tell me that they don't even send customers out for 45 minutes while the technician looks at it because they already know there isn't anything they can do about it. I then asked, SO WHY DID YOU SEND ME OUT FOR 45 MINUTES? The guy was dumbfounded. It just seems really sketchy and beyond me as to how this whole thing is unfolding.

The store was about to close so I said I'll come back in the morning and have the guy fix it. Can anyone tell me what to do at this point? Do I wait until the Touch Pro 2 is available in the warehouse and then try my luck? How come the Touch Pro 2 says that it's available on the Sprint site? How will I know the Touch Pro 2 is available for me to swap?
Old 01-07-2010, 10:04 PM

So I just went into the store to talk to them and tell them what happened. I said that before I came into the store, my vibrate and soft reset button were working but after I left, they stopped functioning. They said they didn't even work on my phone so it's impossible that they don't work anymore. I said, so how can you even tell me that my phone is not repairable? They said that from what I told them was wrong with it, they can just decide that they can't fix it. It seemed to me that something was really fishy. The guy then proceeded to tell me that they don't even send customers out for 45 minutes while the technician looks at it because they already know there isn't anything they can do about it. I then asked, SO WHY DID YOU SEND ME OUT FOR 45 MINUTES? The guy was dumbfounded. It just seems really sketchy and beyond me as to how this whole thing is unfolding.

The store was about to close so I said I'll come back in the morning and have the guy fix it. Can anyone tell me what to do at this point? Do I wait until the Touch Pro 2 is available in the warehouse and then try my luck? How come the Touch Pro 2 says that it's available on the Sprint site? How will I know the Touch Pro 2 is available for me to swap?
i hope you got the guys name and tell the manager what went on and how you dont appreciate them calling you a liar and to look at the camera footage.. i would demand the camera footage be looked at to tell the truth and want an upgrade for the lies, the hassle, stress, and the waste of gas that this ordeal has cost you
Old 01-07-2010, 10:40 PM

aaaaaaaaaaand now my phone wont hook up and sync with my computer...great! Wow, this is unbelievable! They really ****ed my phone up.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:10 PM

aaaaaaaaaaand now my phone wont hook up and sync with my computer...great! Wow, this is unbelievable! They really ****ed my phone up.
i would def bring it in and do what i told you above.... be like now what i am supposed to do with my contacts and such on top of the other stuff.....
Old 01-08-2010, 03:26 PM

View cwhickey420's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cwhickey420's Photo Album Add cwhickey420's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

I feel lucky then, I hate douchy store people. I had recieved one replacement touch pro and it started freezin up on my again and being glitchy. Walked into the sprint store today and didn't even have to ask and the lead tech there was like were gonna put you in a touch pro 2. I must of not been the only one cuz I barely explained what my phone was doing, He continued to say that he was gonna just bypass all the protcol htc was wanting like testing the phone and all that and just ordered it. Looks like that's the way it's going with these glitchy touch pro's so to the rest of you getting the run around don't take no isht it is more then possible to replace to a touch pro 2. I also wanna thank everybody in this thread cuz of you guys I decided not to keep my glitchy touch pro and knew that i could trade up to the better touch pro 2 just the 3.5 headphone jack alone has got me giddy lol
Old 01-08-2010, 06:05 PM

Re: Re Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro2

“ Originally Posted by cwhickey420 View Post

I feel lucky then, I hate douchy store people. I had recieved one replacement touch pro and it started freezin up on my again and being glitchy. Walked into the sprint store today and didn't even have to ask and the lead tech there was like were gonna put you in a touch pro 2. I must of not been the only one cuz I barely explained what my phone was doing, He continued to say that he was gonna just bypass all the protcol htc was wanting like testing the phone and all that and just ordered it. Looks like that's the way it's going with these glitchy touch pro's so to the rest of you getting the run around don't take no isht it is more then possible to replace to a touch pro 2. I also wanna thank everybody in this thread cuz of you guys I decided not to keep my glitchy touch pro and knew that i could trade up to the better touch pro 2 just the 3.5 headphone jack alone has got me giddy lol
congrats on the upgrade and see the red wings symgbol you have... did you go to a store in michigan? if so what one? i have a friend that needs an upgrade and around here all we get is the run around

EDIT: nevermind see your from louisville kentucky
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
pro, pro2, replacing, sprint, touch