puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC HERO Review By PB

ok it's spj time for a review.I've now have the HTC Hero for about 2 days,And to be honest i don't miss windows mobile. everything that i had on my pro is now on my hero..It was a bit confusing to how things work but i managed to learn the features and functions.And I'm very impressed.

There a few things i didn't like and hope android make adjustments.The web browsing is awesome, i like the clarity but its a bit slow for me when connecting or searching to any web site

For the life of me where the hell is the speaker button on the phone??? hahahaha The voice mail is off the hook i like the setup, and lastly android need to improve the email setup and the delete all button which this one don't have,I would have to delete each email one by one.

But overall i'm liking this device and it has everything i need t do no extra stuff...I'm glad i waited.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 10-15-2009, 05:02 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re HTC HERO Review By PB

I'm glad you like it pb. I'm enjoying the hell off my hero also. Although i do notice the hiccups in smoothness when it comes to the cpu i dont miss winmo at all either, the glass screen is kick ass and im typing soo fast on the keyboard. now next in line for next year... the htc dragon

Old 10-15-2009, 05:15 PM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re HTC HERO Review By PB

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

I'm glad you like it pb. I'm enjoying the hell off my hero also. Although i do notice the hiccups in smoothness when it comes to the cpu i dont miss winmo at all either, the glass screen is kick ass and im typing soo fast on the keyboard. now next in line for next year... the htc dragon
htc dragon yea i heard something about it in the U.K region i'll look into it.yea bro I'm like an old kid with a new toy..my wife tells me am i ever going to put it down...hahahaha but now having it on my hands it feels smooth ...aint complaining tho...

Old 10-15-2009, 05:23 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re HTC HERO Review By PB

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

htc dragon yea i heard something about it in the U.K region i'll look into it.yea bro I'm like an old kid with a new toy..my wife tells me am i ever going to put it down...hahahaha but now having it on my hands it feels smooth ...aint complaining tho...
Time to update your profile then haha

Old 10-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re HTC HERO Review By PB

Thanks for the Review PB my upgrade is due in December so i think i am gonna go one. So far i have not hear a bad thing about the Hero yet ....

Old 10-15-2009, 05:40 PM
OG Member

Re: HTC HERO Review By PB

Time to update your profile then haha
hahaha yea i forgot about that

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

Thanks for the Review PB my upgrade is due in December so i think i am gonna go one. So far i have not hear a bad thing about the Hero yet ....
yea bro ..trust me you wont be disappointed.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:54 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

Imo there isnt anything bad to say lol. I was also impressed with the grand mayority praising the sprint hero with the exeption of those that prefer a hardware keyboard.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:56 PM

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re HTC HERO Review By PB

Imo there isnt anything bad to say lol. I was also impressed with the grand mayority praising the sprint hero with the exeption of those that prefer a hardware keyboard.
Yeah that would be one thing i would miss how is the keyboard on that phone ?

Old 10-15-2009, 06:02 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

Re Re Re Re HTC HERO Review By PB

Awesome imo. I use the compact qwerty in portrait and full in landscape. After a calibration setup i type fast as hell and almost never miss a key. But dont take my word for it. Try it out yourself.

Im replying from my hero btw

Old 10-15-2009, 06:03 PM
OG Member

Re: Re Re Re HTC HERO Review By PB

well the keyboard aint to bad.Its not a hardware board but once you tilted to the side then you'll have the full qtwery look.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:07 PM

Re Re Re Re Re HTC HERO Review By PB

Awesome imo. I use the compact qwerty in portrait and full in landscape. After a calibration setup i type fast as hell and almost never miss a key. But dont take my word for it. Try it out yourself.

Im replying from my hero btw
Yes will have to go to a store an play with one for a while. I had a diamond for a while so compact qwerty is nothing new to me. I have a pro an it a lot lol!!!!

Old 10-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

is that the same as the snapdragon? this one? ......... hey pb, what you think of the round sprint design over the squared one?

Old 10-15-2009, 06:18 PM
OG Member

Re: Re Re HTC HERO Review By PB

“ Originally Posted by PHE-NOM View Post

is that the same as the snapdragon? this one? ......... hey pb, what you think of the round sprint design over the squared one?

to be honest its not that bad....i thought it was going to be a bulky look but i'm happy tho

Old 10-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View benmiller's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View benmiller's Photo Album Add benmiller's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re HTC HERO Review By PB

I wonder if the dont include the delete all because you can manage the email from your gmail acount also if you had to do some serious cleaning up in it I think that would be the easier way to do it or grab a ITouch and piggy back off the wifi haha.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Creativity Unleashed

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re HTC HERO Review By PB

to be honest its not that bad....i thought it was going to be a bulky look but i'm happy tho
yeah, i think it looks better round. i havent felt it yet, but i think it looks way better. it looks more high-end, lol. i'll be joining you hopefully soon too. gonna be doing some android themes hopefully also.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:22 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by benmiller View Post

I wonder if the dont include the delete all because you can manage the email from your gmail acount also if you had to do some serious cleaning up in it I think that would be the easier way to do it or grab a ITouch and piggy back off the wifi haha.
lol true i can do that..but they still should have a feature already built in...so i dont have to go else where and do it.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:23 PM
OG Member

Re: Re Re Re HTC HERO Review By PB

“ Originally Posted by PHE-NOM View Post

yeah, i think it looks better round. i havent felt it yet, but i think it looks way better. it looks more high-end, lol. i'll be joining you hopefully soon too. gonna be doing some android themes hopefully also.

well. for me i might just do my favorite wallpaper the grunge look...

Old 10-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

cool thanks for the review pb, how is the speaker on the beast? im gonna get it when it ocmes out early 2010 for verizon..... are all the other basic features good on the device like earpiece, call quality, build sturdyness (doesnt feel cheap), etc
Old 10-15-2009, 07:21 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

cool thanks for the review pb, how is the speaker on the beast? im gonna get it when it ocmes out early 2010 for verizon..... are all the other basic features good on the device like earpiece, call quality, build sturdyness (doesnt feel cheap), etc
yea bro the speakers are great, not awesome but i can hear my favorite music.Its funny even tho i can use the 3.5 ear piece jack..but i'm using my pro ear piece and works good and i can use it to make calls hahahah...call quality is great i was on the phone with mom for almost 2 hours and dont have any issues at all, it's loud and clear...the structure looks fine and feels fine but because of my clumsiness i'll get a hard case protector for it.sprint got that rubber thing but i dont like the way it looks.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:29 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yea bro the speakers are great, not awesome but i can hear my favorite music.Its funny even tho i can use the 3.5 ear piece jack..but i'm using my pro ear piece and works good and i can use it to make calls hahahah...call quality is great i was on the phone with mom for almost 2 hours and dont have any issues at all, it's loud and clear...the structure looks fine and feels fine but because of my clumsiness i'll get a hard case protector for it.sprint got that rubber thing but i dont like the way it looks.

sweet and no one really has touched on battery life how is that looking?
Old 10-15-2009, 07:35 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

sweet and no one really has touched on battery life how is that looking?
no complainants so far going on a day and a 1/2 and I'm on 70% minimal usage beside he 2 hour talk.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm going to chime in here. I have only had a chance to play with for a couple of hours, but loving it w/o a doubt. I have my Mail2Web (ActiveSync) hooked up, so all my contacts and emails were accepted w/o a problem. I used the Google Calendar to sync my calendar, because it will keep all the labeling I have done. It doesn't have a true Delete All button, however if you are in the email, looking at all your emails. you can click on menu, then delete, and it will let you check whichever emails you want to delete in one quick action. So, actually it'll let you accomplish the goal with more control, so you can pick and choose. The keyboard has done better than I would have expected, sound quality is great and everything seems to work like it has a purpose. It's very satisfying when getting around with such ease. I was like PB at 1st, because of being a WM Junkie, you knew the insides and out of a WM device and it had a way you understood and were use to. Then you go to this other device and much is same concept, but still different, so took a second to understand the logic to it, but once you get going, it's smooth like butter lol I really don't have anything negative to say. Good Luck for now and I'll update if anything else come along.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:45 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

I'm going to chime in here. I have only had a chance to play with for a couple of hours, but loving it w/o a doubt. I have my Mail2Web (ActiveSync) hooked up, so all my contacts and emails were accepted w/o a problem. I used the Google Calendar to sync my calendar, because it will keep all the labeling I have done. It doesn't have a true Delete All button, however if you are in the email, looking at all your emails. you can click on menu, then delete, and it will let you check whichever emails you want to delete in one quick action. So, actually it'll let you accomplish the goal with more control, so you can pick and choose. The keyboard has done better than I would have expected, sound quality is great and everything seems to work like it has a purpose. It's very satisfying when getting around with such ease. I was like PB at 1st, because of being a WM Junkie, you knew the insides and out of a WM device and it had a way you understood and were use to. Then you go to this other device and much is same concept, but still different, so took a second to understand the logic to it, but once you get going, it's smooth like butter lol I really don't have anything negative to say. Good Luck for now and I'll update if anything else come along.

yea eventually i'll get it...one more thing i forgot to mention as many of us like to sync our contact to a 3rd party software like pimbackup and the one i used mostly was myphone form MS i had issues syncing the phone to my desktop outlook so i can import all of my contact from there.but i was acting like a noob and forgot all about the fire wall hahhaahah i just wanted to bring this up just in case if anyone else goes thru a noob moment.....but i'm all good i have all my conatct and calendar....

Old 10-16-2009, 04:48 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re HTC HERO Review By PB

thanks for all the reviews i have to wait till march 2010 for my upgrade so i cant wait.........
Old 10-16-2009, 05:59 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

Re HTC HERO Review By PB

Also i forgot to mention that the hero also has the same functions that webOS has with synergy by integrating your online accounts with contacts and such but MUCH better!l!! I mean i integrated my contacts with facebook and i can even see the status update and profile photo albums in the contact app!! I was freakin blown away

Also the camera pics dont show its full sharpness till you start zooming in. For a second i thought it was garbage till i saw that. Now WoW im so impressed. Maybe the full resolution is too sharp for a hvga screen..better to have too much than lack rite? Lol

Old 10-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Supporter

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Also i forgot to mention that the hero also has the same functions that webOS has with synergy by integrating your online accounts with contacts and such but MUCH better!l!! I mean i integrated my contacts with facebook and i can even see the status update and profile photo albums in the contact app!! I was freakin blown away

Also the camera pics dont show its full sharpness till you start zooming in. For a second i thought it was garbage till i saw that. Now WoW im so impressed. Maybe the full resolution is too sharp for a hvga screen..better to have too much than lack rite? Lol
You are exactly correct Mike. That's some of the info that lured me to making the switch.

Code

http://www.htc.com/www/product/hero/gallery.html
If you go to the link on HTC's site. Click on the link on the left that says HTC Sense (watch the video)... do that. It made me want one even more

Old 10-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Hero Yeah!!

View KJRain's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View KJRain's Photo Album Add KJRain's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re HTC HERO Review By PB

ok it's spj time for a review.I've now have the HTC Hero for about 2 days,And to be honest i don't miss windows mobile. everything that i had on my pro is now on my hero..It was a bit confusing to how things work but i managed to learn the features and functions.And I'm very impressed.

There a few things i didn't like and hope android make adjustments.The web browsing is awesome, i like the clarity but its a bit slow for me when connecting or searching to any web site

For the life of me where the hell is the speaker button on the phone??? hahahaha The voice mail is off the hook i like the setup, and lastly android need to improve the email setup and the delete all button which this one don't have,I would have to delete each email one by one.

But overall i'm liking this device and it has everything i need t do no extra stuff...I'm glad i waited.
You can delete more than one e-mail at a time. You have go into your e-mails and click the menu button, tap delete and select the e-mails you want to delete and tap delete. Try it out.

P.S. I'm with you HTC hero is a great phone.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:23 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by KJRain View Post

You can delete more than one e-mail at a time. You have go into your e-mails and click the menu button, tap delete and select the e-mails you want to delete and tap delete. Try it out.

P.S. I'm with you HTC hero is a great phone.

lol..yea i've seen that but i prefer the select all options.I'm just a lazy person doing 101 emails one by one is kinda a pain...lol

Old 10-16-2009, 04:42 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

Re HTC HERO Review By PB

ok i found the first issue with the Hero and its a doozie.... there is a problem with text messages not working especially when memory is low and Android force closes processes to free up memory kills your ability to recieve text messages all together. Since i bought this phone i sent like 3 messages and recieved none. At first i thought nobody wrote to me till my GF told me that the indeed did and a few to be exact. This is not a small issue and needs to be addressed. Also, stay away from task killer apps in market cuz these also create this problem when it closes everything without exception... I uninstalled the task killer, rebooted and the problem remains, ima take it to sprint in a minute but, wow what a way to rub me the wrong direction...

there is another thread on this and it looks like to be a common problem that Sprint is prioritizing on...

Code

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=572134

Old 10-16-2009, 04:51 PM
OG Member

ok i found the first issue with the Hero and its a doozie.... there is a problem with text messages not working especially when memory is low and Android force closes processes to free up memory kills your ability to recieve text messages all together. Since i bought this phone i sent like 3 messages and recieved none. At first i thought nobody wrote to me till my GF told me that the indeed did and a few to be exact. This is not a small issue and needs to be addressed. Also, stay away from task killer apps in market cuz these also create this problem when it closes everything without exception... I uninstalled the task killer, rebooted and the problem remains, ima take it to sprint in a minute but, wow what a way to rub me the wrong direction...

there is another thread on this and it looks like to be a common problem that Sprint is prioritizing on...

Code

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=572134

wow didnt know about it..i was wondering because my oldest daughter text me about 2 or 3 a day checking up on me and since i got the phone i hardly got any ....wow going to look into this now...thanks for the heads up

Old 10-16-2009, 04:55 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

wow didnt know about it..i was wondering because my oldest daughter text me about 2 or 3 a day checking up on me and since i got the phone i hardly got any ....wow going to look into this now...thanks for the heads up
uninstall and reboot did not work... i just factory reset mine to see if it fixes it. If you read the thread i linked you to, Sprint HQ is working on it and another user stated that if you add the system processes to the exclusion list so it wont close, it should not happen.... ill try it out when its up and running and give you the update

Old 10-16-2009, 05:03 PM
OG Member

uninstall and reboot did not work... i just factory reset mine to see if it fixes it. If you read the thread i linked you to, Sprint HQ is working on it and another user stated that if you add the system processes to the exclusion list so it wont close, it should not happen.... ill try it out when its up and running and give you the update

sorry bro i didnt see that other thread you started i'll continue convo over there...

Old 10-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Creativity Unleashed

hey pb or mikepr, does the hero have internet sharing? cause thats the only thing that will keep me from going over to android, i need internet sharing........ thanks.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:40 PM
OG Member

na not that i noticed..didn't look into it but I'm sure there's programs out there for it.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:10 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

Re HTC HERO Review By PB

I saw a post saying that there was some sort of internet sharing option when connected to htc sync, although i havent tried it myself. But there is also pdanet and apps like wifi sharing also, so you can indeed tether with no issues as far as i know

rooting the Hero will open up so many possibilities

Old 10-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Supporter

I saw a post saying that there was some sort of internet sharing option when connected to htc sync, although i havent tried it myself. But there is also pdanet and apps like wifi sharing also, so you can indeed tether with no issues as far as i know

rooting the Hero will open up so many possibilities
Mike is correct. HTC Sync can get you connected to the internet on your lappie or Desktop and of course PDANEt will get the job done as always. Once the CDMA side is Rooted, then you be able to WiFi Tether, which is a nice feature to have. Only a matter of time for that I'm lovin' the HERO. Good Luck.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Mobile Model: from zero to HERO
Mobile Carrier: Fast-Walk

View magic22084's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View magic22084's Photo Album Add magic22084's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

anybody lookin to upgrade i would highly recommend this phone is so easy to customize its rediculous. Especially those who were afraid to unlock there Moguls and Touch Pros and etc. This is definitely the way to go. I am glad i played wit a lil bit at the sprint store i knew nothin of this phone but i am definitely satisified with it battery life is great specially since i stay conncected to the internet 24/7 and have my location change as i drive that is really cool, since i drive alot for work i like the way it changes cities as i drive. They say it drains the battery that way but it still lasts all day for me. Jus a great phone and the camera is wonderful u can definitely see the difference between 3.2 and this 5.0 well thats jus my 2 cents.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Supporter

Re HTC HERO Review By PB

“ Originally Posted by magic22084 View Post

anybody lookin to upgrade i would highly recommend this phone is so easy to customize its rediculous. Especially those who were afraid to unlock there Moguls and Touch Pros and etc. This is definitely the way to go. I am glad i played wit a lil bit at the sprint store i knew nothin of this phone but i am definitely satisified with it battery life is great specially since i stay conncected to the internet 24/7 and have my location change as i drive that is really cool, since i drive alot for work i like the way it changes cities as i drive. They say it drains the battery that way but it still lasts all day for me. Jus a great phone and the camera is wonderful u can definitely see the difference between 3.2 and this 5.0 well thats jus my 2 cents.
Thanks for the review. It's good to see more detailed reviews from other members. I think any feedback is great, but if we can get a little more insight as to why you really like something, makes wanting it or disliking it much easier Thanks again.

I do think the battery life in this is amazing. I could not get this type of life on any other CDMA PDA (regardless of ROM) type phone or even regular phone for that matter. Not with my usage, which by most standards are ridiculous, because I live off of mine and at work it's mostly plugged in, but on my days off, all the running around, and with the usage, it really amazes me.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:15 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

Re HTC HERO Review By PB

im sooooo hooked on Gameboid....

still speechless on how the framerate is FLAWLESS compared to the Vogue and Touch Pro.

YAYYYYYY GPU Drivers!!!!!

Old 10-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Daniel B
Mobile Model: htc touch diamond

View shortyboy1987's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View shortyboy1987's Photo Album Add shortyboy1987's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re HTC HERO Review By PB

i didnt see if yall talked bout it but does it have copy cute n paste bc i am gettin 1 sunday n i never checked when i played with it

--------- New Post Merged on 30/10/2009 at 0129 --------

can you beam files too?
Old 11-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Hero

View Kashank's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kashank's Photo Album Add Kashank's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hmm I'm surprised at most of you being impressed with the battery life... the first two days I used it I couldn't get it to go through a full work shift with normal-light to heavy usage. I think it was getting around 6 hours off a full charge, and then the next day I tried to test it and turned on everything, wifi, bluetooth, gps... and it still seemed bad 5 to 6ish hours, but I mean that's understandable, I can live with that.

however I did find a big topic about how the default sms keeps the phone from sleeping when you send a text message. and it keeps the cpu at 100% even when the screen isn't on, and so they suggest disabling the default text and downloading HandCent sms... so I did, and wow couldn't believe it, I charged my phone to 100% by 2 oclock in the afternoon and by 8am the next morning I was only down to 40% battery life. (I had been playing alot of games on the phone too)

Code

http://phandroid.com/2009/10/19/sprint-htc-hero-battery-problem-fix/
and I was thanking God... but then the terrible happened.

I was using it about 9 oclock this morning and all the sudden it cut off on me and turned back on... and the battery life went from 40% to 15%?? wtf? so that kind of flustered me. I'm gonna give it another few days, otherwise I'm taking this back and they better give me a new one. cause something aint right about that.

I love the phone though seriously, my whole post was just about the shady battery, I don't want to switch phones I just want them fixed, cause the user community/ free downloads/UI/Performance are amazing.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:39 AM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by Kashank View Post

hmm I'm surprised at most of you being impressed with the battery life... the first two days I used it I couldn't get it to go through a full work shift with normal-light to heavy usage. I think it was getting around 6 hours off a full charge, and then the next day I tried to test it and turned on everything, wifi, bluetooth, gps... and it still seemed bad 5 to 6ish hours, but I mean that's understandable, I can live with that.

however I did find a big topic about how the default sms keeps the phone from sleeping when you send a text message. and it keeps the cpu at 100% even when the screen isn't on, and so they suggest disabling the default text and downloading HandCent sms... so I did, and wow couldn't believe it, I charged my phone to 100% by 2 oclock in the afternoon and by 8am the next morning I was only down to 40% battery life. (I had been playing alot of games on the phone too)

Code

I was using it about 9 oclock this morning and all the sudden it cut off on me and turned back on... and the battery life went from 40% to 15%?? wtf? so that kind of flustered me. I'm gonna give it another few days, otherwise I'm taking this back and they better give me a new one. cause something aint right about that.

I love the phone though seriously, my whole post was just about the shady battery, I don't want to switch phones I just want them fixed, cause the user community/ free downloads/UI/Performance are amazing.

thanks for the heads up.I did notice an issue with the battery life but i thought it was an isolated issue beings that i run a few apps like tweet,facebook and a couple of more...but I'll be looking into this for sure.
i guess the sms issues is a wide problem for these phones as I'm sure you have read about it.

pb

Old 11-06-2009, 01:40 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by shortyboy1987 View Post

i didnt see if yall talked bout it but does it have copy cute n paste bc i am gettin 1 sunday n i never checked when i played with it

--------- New Post Merged on 30/10/2009 at 0129 --------

can you beam files too?
yes copy paste is fully functional

and no, you cant beam files ATM, there is an app in market that allows you to but currently it doesn't support the Hero or Galaxy. An update to the app will enable us to do so

Old 11-07-2009, 11:12 AM
OG Member

Code

i want to recap on this...i installed handcent sms as it was recommended.I like it alot better then the default sms...And the battery draining issue,i'm no longer experiencing it anymore...i still have some juice left after a day and 1/2 .I hope sprint can fix that issue with the sms.It's seems the whole structure is whacked...I recommend to everybody to try this out...

Old 11-07-2009, 02:37 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

right now all I can say is wow, I have read all the feed back and watched the video. What could actually be better than a wm phone??? I guess I hve found the answers. Yes i can see that there are some kinks that need to be worked out but what hits the stores and does not have kinks?! So now the question to myslef is do I upgrde to this or tp2? All the rave reviews send me away from the tp2. Thanks for all the feedback spj
Old 11-07-2009, 04:38 PM

“ Originally Posted by mzlady26 View Post

right now all I can say is wow, I have read all the feed back and watched the video. What could actually be better than a wm phone??? I guess I hve found the answers. Yes i can see that there are some kinks that need to be worked out but what hits the stores and does not have kinks?! So now the question to myslef is do I upgrde to this or tp2? All the rave reviews send me away from the tp2. Thanks for all the feedback spj
i myself love the tp2 and battery problems i have never faced with the device... it is way faster than the touch pro in all aspects, has 2.1 running flawlessly, the stock rom didnt suck, and much much much more... you got the larger screen, the tilt, they awesomely spaced and luxeriously easy to press large buttons... damn its enough to cream over girl.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Hero

View Kashank's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kashank's Photo Album Add Kashank's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re HTC HERO Review By PB

i want to recap on this...i installed handcent sms as it was recommended.I like it alot better then the default sms...And the battery draining issue,i'm no longer experiencing it anymore...i still have some juice left after a day and 1/2 .I hope sprint can fix that issue with the sms.It's seems the whole structure is whacked...I recommend to everybody to try this out...
Yeah the best way to check if it's working or not is to go to your settings > about phone> status and scroll to the bottom and make sure your awake time isn't 100%.

cause if it's 100% then no matter when your screen is off your phone is still working. My battery life extended ALOT after I started using handcent and completely disabled all the built in texting.

But yeah hopefully they'll fix this issue cause I don't like having to monitor stuff like that.

so when I turned off gps/wifi/bluetooth/ always on data/ and built in texing... my battery life is great now. I don't mind the battery draining if I'm the one draining it... but when I'm not using my phone I want my battery doing ok

I recommend installing the battery graph from the market. It's great to check up on the battery usage, like I was able to tell the best way to charge my phone Car Charger > Wall outlet > Usb. and you can see what programs drain the battery quicker, definitely a cool application to have.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:12 PM
OG Member

Yeah the best way to check if it's working or not is to go to your settings > about phone> status and scroll to the bottom and make sure your awake time isn't 100%.

cause if it's 100% then no matter when your screen is off your phone is still working. My battery life extended ALOT after I started using handcent and completely disabled all the built in texting.

But yeah hopefully they'll fix this issue cause I don't like having to monitor stuff like that.

so when I turned off gps/wifi/bluetooth/ always on data/ and built in texing... my battery life is great now. I don't mind the battery draining if I'm the one draining it... but when I'm not using my phone I want my battery doing ok

I recommend installing the battery graph from the market. It's great to check up on the battery usage, like I was able to tell the best way to charge my phone Car Charger > Wall outlet > Usb. and you can see what programs drain the battery quicker, definitely a cool application to have.

thanks for the info. I'm sure this will benefit me and other members that has a hero

Old 11-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Daniel B
Mobile Model: htc touch diamond

View shortyboy1987's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View shortyboy1987's Photo Album Add shortyboy1987's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re HTC HERO Review By PB

I love this phone 4 some reason I'm gettin dirt under the screen is. There a way fix or prevent that n do yall know if there's a wifi sharing app thanks
Old 11-28-2009, 05:11 PM

“ Originally Posted by shortyboy1987 View Post

I love this phone 4 some reason I'm gettin dirt under the screen is. There a way fix or prevent that n do yall know if there's a wifi sharing app thanks
what do you mean dirt under screen? you have a screen protector on there? and for wifi sharing you can use htc wifi router, wmwifirouter, etc...
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
hero, htc, review