Google-Branded 'Super' Phone Expected in 2010, Report Says

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-18-2009, 08:50 AM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Rss Feed Google-Branded 'Super' Phone Expected in 2010, Report Says

Google's gPhone is real, according to reports. Google will partner with a device maker and release the phone in 2010, sources say.

Read More From Source
The Following User Says Thank You to phillynewsnow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Google-Branded 'Super' Phone Expected in 2010, Report Says

hell yea! i hope that it does come to cdma dfirst like the pre and the hero did but i doubt it. i cant wait to see what they do with this thing and hoe crazy they can make it. i just cant wait to see what user interface they add to it sicne i have a feeling they are going to want to blow away the competition... watch out apple! google may have something up their sleeves for ya
Old 11-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thinner than the iPhone?

Am I the only guy around that does NOT like super thin phones? They just don't fit well in your hand. I actually like the bulk of most smartphones as they fit the shape of your hand better.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:13 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

Thinner than the iPhone?

Am I the only guy around that does NOT like super thin phones? They just don't fit well in your hand. I actually like the bulk of most smartphones as they fit the shape of your hand better.
it depends on the device, i like the way that the droid eris feels in the hand and is slimmer than the hero even.... i was really surprised on the overall feel and comfort of the device after much use already. the weight of the device is what i feel makes it feel better in the hand. most of these devices out there are trying to become lighter and thinner but the weight is what makes it feel nice in the hand as well as make it fit comfortably..... i hope that they dont get any thinner than this to tell the truth cause i dont wanna have to keep worrying that my device isnt in my pocket or in the holster since i cant feel it.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Addict

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Funny, isn't it, D/\SH... for years, we all wanted smaller cell phones to show off how cool they are (remember the collective orgasm when the RAZR came out?) Yet, now, I keep hearing reviews, both professional and amateur, that tout larger size & weight as a GOOD thing! LOL...

I got to play with the Hero a bit in my rounds to the Sprint stores. It's a bit too dainty for my tastes, but I'm a klutz. I want my phones to feel like little bricks! LOL.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:25 PM

Funny, isn't it, D/\SH... for years, we all wanted smaller cell phones to show off how cool they are (remember the collective orgasm when the RAZR came out?) Yet, now, I keep hearing reviews, both professional and amateur, that tout larger size & weight as a GOOD thing! LOL...

I got to play with the Hero a bit in my rounds to the Sprint stores. It's a bit too dainty for my tastes, but I'm a klutz. I want my phones to feel like little bricks! LOL.
go check out the droid son! built solid as a rock like the tp2 is and the weight is perfect for the size of the device.... make sure you check out the droid eris by htc which is the one i got not the motorola droid with the keyboard.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Addict

Oh yeah... I toyed with a Droid a few doors down from the Sprint store. You're right... it's size & weight are perfect. If I were to jump ship, that's what I'd get. It's not perfect, though. I wasn't impressed with the keyboard, thought the D-pad was silly, and the gold is ugly. The TP2's keyboard is phenomenal... absolutely perfect. If I had to pick between the two, I'd probably go with the TP2... no new OS to learn, no new versions of programs to find, and the keyboard is better.

I can't go keyboardless... I type too much & have never used an onscreen keyboard that even approaches the usability of the even mediocre real ones.

As an aside... when I bought my 1st smartphone, I was NOT looking for a smartphone. I had always had a problem with losing my phones, so I either wanted something like the tiny Startac BellSouth Mobility had, or I wanted something "the size of a shoe" that I couldn't lose. That's actually how I explained what I wanted to the salesguy.

The outgoing model was the ginormous & bulbous Apache 6700. He handed me that ugly brick & I was sold in a heartbeat. Add to that the fact that there was a MFR's rebate, a Sprint rebate, the new-contract rebate AND a rebate through my work & I got the thing for $50! Schweet!

My thinking panned out... I have NOT lost a phone since.

Uh.... what was this thread about?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:11 PM

Oh yeah... I toyed with a Droid a few doors down from the Sprint store. You're right... it's size & weight are perfect. If I were to jump ship, that's what I'd get. It's not perfect, though. I wasn't impressed with the keyboard, thought the D-pad was silly, and the gold is ugly. The TP2's keyboard is phenomenal... absolutely perfect. If I had to pick between the two, I'd probably go with the TP2... no new OS to learn, no new versions of programs to find, and the keyboard is better.

I can't go keyboardless... I type too much & have never used an onscreen keyboard that even approaches the usability of the even mediocre real ones.

As an aside... when I bought my 1st smartphone, I was NOT looking for a smartphone. I had always had a problem with losing my phones, so I either wanted something like the tiny Startac BellSouth Mobility had, or I wanted something "the size of a shoe" that I couldn't lose. That's actually how I explained what I wanted to the salesguy.

The outgoing model was the ginormous & bulbous Apache 6700. He handed me that ugly brick & I was sold in a heartbeat. Add to that the fact that there was a MFR's rebate, a Sprint rebate, the new-contract rebate AND a rebate through my work & I got the thing for $50! Schweet!

My thinking panned out... I have NOT lost a phone since.

Uh.... what was this thread about?
one word for the keyboard and me and pb feel alike.... better keyboard
Old 11-18-2009, 09:11 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Google has a lot of great stuff and for them to step out on the market with a phone. I am going to wait for the upgrade...........<-----all the dots are me waiting, lol. Anyway I hope it does make a grand central entrance and knock apple out the park. This is going to be exciting and I hope they take a look around at all the competition and their "competitive" phones and make one that is DYNOMITE
Old 11-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Mobile Model: tpro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View only1penny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View only1penny's Photo Album Add only1penny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i personally love a skinny phone! i thought the original sprint touch was fantastic! a lot of screen, minimal buttons (hardware), and very thin. the touch pro is great in the hand but not in the pocket. dash how are you managing with no hardware keyboard on the eris?
Old 11-20-2009, 06:15 PM

“ Originally Posted by only1penny View Post

i personally love a skinny phone! i thought the original sprint touch was fantastic! a lot of screen, minimal buttons (hardware), and very thin. the touch pro is great in the hand but not in the pocket. dash how are you managing with no hardware keyboard on the eris?
im loving the eris, larger screen with better resolution than the touch, still htc, crystal clear, runs android, no troubles i have faced with anything that isnt app related, fast, fast, fast, stable, no resets needed or a reset option available, etc.. i love the eris and the keyboard is ok stock but better keyboard runs great for me and many skins are available for free in the app store! =they are mostly sports but they have all the detroit teams but the tigers

if you go the route of android i would look into it to make sure its what you want but you can do pretty muc hanytihng on it that you could with wm but more stabely and quicker.... ill have osme videos and reviews in depth up this weekend for ya to take a gander at it..... and the eris is basically the hero but even slimmer, iit still has the weight so doesnt feel cheap or anything and fits perfect in hands of all sizes (mom and dad said way more comfortable than the vogue or any other phone they remember me using.... and the scroll ball is a plus as well.
Post New ThreadReply